Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allow Pete to return? You decide 13:10 - Aug 18 with 4370 viewsDaniel

As you will have seen, IowaPete/BarsidePete has reapeared on the board as DCPete, having been banned since February last year.

I have not allowed Pete to return and the first I was aware of this was when I saw posts earlier today, just like the rest of you.

I don't feel it's my place to say whether or not he can return, so i'm oppening this up to the rest of you with a poll. It's anonymous, so don't feel that you will be judged by your selection. I'll close the poll at 7pm on Monday.

In the meantime, Pete is free to post, but will be banned immediately if he steps out of line.

Allow Pete to return? You decide

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 16:13 - Aug 18 with 3278 viewsDCPete

I'd like to return.

Mates,.. my fiancé passed away to cancer and I wasn't in a good place emotionally.

I'd like a chance after being a fan for a decade.

Please invite me in again. On a positive note, I do understand my footy :)
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 08:17 - Aug 19 with 3205 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 16:13 - Aug 18 by DCPete

I'd like to return.

Mates,.. my fiancé passed away to cancer and I wasn't in a good place emotionally.

I'd like a chance after being a fan for a decade.

Please invite me in again. On a positive note, I do understand my footy :)

No one is perfect folks

We all
Need a shot at redemption

There are always consequences to our actions

The People who are in charge here are not daft and will bring down the hammer if things go too far (again).

So I voted Yes.

I have personal reasons for voting YES and life is short after all!

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 8:19]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 3167 viewspwrightsknees

I'm with Gooner on this. Let's draw a line under the past, start again with a clean sheet and see where we go from there.
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 14:22 - Aug 19 with 3143 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 12:16 - Aug 19 by pwrightsknees

I'm with Gooner on this. Let's draw a line under the past, start again with a clean sheet and see where we go from there.

It’s Happy sir - king Happy to you lol

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:01 - Aug 19 with 3107 viewspwrightsknees

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 14:22 - Aug 19 by TheHappyGooner

It’s Happy sir - king Happy to you lol

Sorry King Happy. I'll remember that for the future.
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 21:36 - Aug 19 with 3070 viewsthrillseeker

I would welcome Pete back.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

At the end of the day Daniel has the power to install another ban if thinks go wrong
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 00:02 - Aug 20 with 3016 viewsDCPete

Things so went sideways.

I'd like a second chance. And yes, I'll post innocuous tidbits, regardless.

The only places I read across the pond is here, The Gazette and the Mail and BBC.com..

I have this love hate relationship with Ipswich and Norwich where they set me up at the Holiday Inn on Carrot Road and feed me (free food as a "lifelong member"or summat. :D:D

Ipswich? Meh! Sadly, I like Ipswich (in case anyone here doubts it's Barsidepete) .. But that being the Town not the club :D

I'd like to be welcomed back. No drama about you know who she is.

I realize that was a turning point here. Most of the friends I have in world are in Colchester and Essex. I would never turn my back on that. I ask for Peter Part 2.

Thank you. Up the U's!
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 01:01 - Aug 20 with 3033 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 00:02 - Aug 20 by DCPete

Things so went sideways.

I'd like a second chance. And yes, I'll post innocuous tidbits, regardless.

The only places I read across the pond is here, The Gazette and the Mail and BBC.com..

I have this love hate relationship with Ipswich and Norwich where they set me up at the Holiday Inn on Carrot Road and feed me (free food as a "lifelong member"or summat. :D:D

Ipswich? Meh! Sadly, I like Ipswich (in case anyone here doubts it's Barsidepete) .. But that being the Town not the club :D

I'd like to be welcomed back. No drama about you know who she is.

I realize that was a turning point here. Most of the friends I have in world are in Colchester and Essex. I would never turn my back on that. I ask for Peter Part 2.

Thank you. Up the U's!

Your a bit mad

But Jesus loves everyone.

Login to get fewer ads

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 13:17 - Aug 20 with 2941 viewsDCPete

If you are "Happy," check your inbox.

If you are Des, check that shirt you sported in Tottenham D
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 14:09 - Aug 20 with 2949 viewsTheHappyGooner

Almost half are against the yanks return

A 3rd almost are willing to take a chance again

A lesser mob fancy a trial

I would say 51% is needed to slam the door for a majority holding

Interesting voting

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 17:51 - Aug 20 with 2878 viewsDCPete

No problem. The problem with Happy and me is that I took 6 months to reply to an email. Martha had died. And I was gutted.

Should not have posted 2-3 years ago. Especially given that my best friends in the world are in Colchester and Harwich.

Oh, and Clacton. Braintree.

In case a few of you think I'm an impostor with a new username. No, it's me.

I've laid to rest the Barsidepete username. But I'm one of only 5000 who can claim to have been at Weston Homes game 1, Huddersfield.

Just wanna be back to the club I love. Let me in, ok?

I couldn't come to this site for 3 or so years. I took my own personal "time out."

But I apologize. Yar, I made a hash of it.

But on a positive note, I became a U's supported after ColU defeated Ipswich 1-0. That's when I knew I was hooked for life.
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:00 - Aug 20 with 2893 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 17:51 - Aug 20 by DCPete

No problem. The problem with Happy and me is that I took 6 months to reply to an email. Martha had died. And I was gutted.

Should not have posted 2-3 years ago. Especially given that my best friends in the world are in Colchester and Harwich.

Oh, and Clacton. Braintree.

In case a few of you think I'm an impostor with a new username. No, it's me.

I've laid to rest the Barsidepete username. But I'm one of only 5000 who can claim to have been at Weston Homes game 1, Huddersfield.

Just wanna be back to the club I love. Let me in, ok?

I couldn't come to this site for 3 or so years. I took my own personal "time out."

But I apologize. Yar, I made a hash of it.

But on a positive note, I became a U's supported after ColU defeated Ipswich 1-0. That's when I knew I was hooked for life.

There are no problems at my end at all

Just stay humble bruv - don’t give any signs away your gonna crack up or lose the plot again.

These signs are very easy to pick up.

This board is based on love and PEACE.

Anyway - there is an hour to go ...

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:09 - Aug 20 with 2865 viewsDCPete

An hour to go for what?

If you are Haps then email me.

If you are Des, well, email me :D

Daniel never blocked me. He writes he banned me but it's more of a voluntary eviction. But I do know where Daniel is coming from.

And I again apologize to anyone. Bad, bad timing in the crosshairs.
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:13 - Aug 20 with 2885 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:09 - Aug 20 by DCPete

An hour to go for what?

If you are Haps then email me.

If you are Des, well, email me :D

Daniel never blocked me. He writes he banned me but it's more of a voluntary eviction. But I do know where Daniel is coming from.

And I again apologize to anyone. Bad, bad timing in the crosshairs.

Yup the crosshairs of life ......

47 minutes until the voting ends

7pm cut off our time
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 18:40]

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 2883 viewsTheHappyGooner

You are the Millwall of this board now

1 in 4 like you - but you don’t care

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 19:08 - Aug 20 with 2859 viewsTheHappyGooner

Time up.

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 20:25 - Aug 20 with 2819 viewsDCPete

Wow. Guess I survived.

I will so behave. I'll re-earn your trust.

Thanks, Uniteds :)
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 20:28 - Aug 20 with 2816 viewsDCPete

On another positive, I can do a weekly Wayne Rooney update.

And our DC United has a fabulous, what they call, "soccer specific" stadium. Audi Field.

Totally worth a trip over to be there. It's amazing!
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 10:38 - Aug 21 with 2743 viewsDaniel

The result of the poll mainly sees a majority in favour of Pete being allowed to return or given a trial. As such, Pete will be allowed to continue to post on the board, but I won't hesitate to reinstate a ban (permanent or temporary) if he steps out of line.

To help me monitor peoples views on Pete's posts, I would be grateful if you could 'vote down' any post you think is inappropriate. It's very easy to to this - at the bottom of each individual post there is an option to rate the post (it's an arrow up, a number, and an arrow down) - select the arrow down to vote down the post. It's as simple as that.

I appreciate that a lot of people were not in favour of Pete being allowed to return and I wouldn't want to see anyone stop visiting as a result of this. If you don't want to see Pete's posts, there is an option to ignore them by clicking the following link: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/settings/ignore-member/D

Lastly, don't hesitate to send me a private message if you have any concerns about Pete's (or anyone elses) conduct on the site.

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 12:49 - Aug 21 with 2722 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 10:38 - Aug 21 by Daniel

The result of the poll mainly sees a majority in favour of Pete being allowed to return or given a trial. As such, Pete will be allowed to continue to post on the board, but I won't hesitate to reinstate a ban (permanent or temporary) if he steps out of line.

To help me monitor peoples views on Pete's posts, I would be grateful if you could 'vote down' any post you think is inappropriate. It's very easy to to this - at the bottom of each individual post there is an option to rate the post (it's an arrow up, a number, and an arrow down) - select the arrow down to vote down the post. It's as simple as that.

I appreciate that a lot of people were not in favour of Pete being allowed to return and I wouldn't want to see anyone stop visiting as a result of this. If you don't want to see Pete's posts, there is an option to ignore them by clicking the following link: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/settings/ignore-member/D

Lastly, don't hesitate to send me a private message if you have any concerns about Pete's (or anyone elses) conduct on the site.

Well said Daniel - thank you - top man

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 04:31 - Aug 30 with 2555 viewsDCPete

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 10:38 - Aug 21 by Daniel

All good, Daniel.

Hope to see you and Haps and Panners and Thrillo for the Bricklayers night where I pay for all the drinks all night. That would be about March or so, 2019.

Still kick myself when I was at the Premier Inn at the railway station when after a fun night out,.. I met Katie at 10 on a Friday and we spent the night together with no hanky panky at the Inn,.. and I walked her to her house north of the rails at 6 a.m.

This gorgeous blonde called me at noon on Saturday but I couldn't answer the phone because I was gutted by the possibility I might fall in love and I was flying back to the states on that Sunday.

She was perfect. I played songs on my smartphone and she played songs on her smartphone.

The most platonic love story you could write for the Hallmark channel ever.

*big sigh*

Onward.

Up the U's.
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 09:35 - Aug 30 with 2543 viewsTheHappyGooner

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 04:31 - Aug 30 by DCPete

All good, Daniel.

Hope to see you and Haps and Panners and Thrillo for the Bricklayers night where I pay for all the drinks all night. That would be about March or so, 2019.

Still kick myself when I was at the Premier Inn at the railway station when after a fun night out,.. I met Katie at 10 on a Friday and we spent the night together with no hanky panky at the Inn,.. and I walked her to her house north of the rails at 6 a.m.

This gorgeous blonde called me at noon on Saturday but I couldn't answer the phone because I was gutted by the possibility I might fall in love and I was flying back to the states on that Sunday.

She was perfect. I played songs on my smartphone and she played songs on her smartphone.

The most platonic love story you could write for the Hallmark channel ever.

*big sigh*

Onward.

Up the U's.

Sounds very romantic

But not as exciting as trying to bring an extra large bulging sports bag into Portman road which caused keystone cop / Marks bro farce to the rather peeved seated ticket holders lol
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 11:05]

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 08:49 - Sep 2 with 2442 viewsDCPete

That's very funny. Yes, number 3, I was arrested in Ipswich 2 years ago.

Apparently I'm a troublemaker of the highest order.

Can anyone find Katie? The most beautiful Colchester grrrrl ever? Blonde, about 45-ish. Panners introduced me to her at the Bricklayers?

She called me on a Saturday before I flew back to the USA on a Sunday.

*sigh* Go on the ColU. Up the U's :D
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 8:50]
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 08:54 - Sep 2 with 2436 viewsDCPete

Allow Pete to return? You decide on 09:35 - Aug 30 by TheHappyGooner

Sounds very romantic

But not as exciting as trying to bring an extra large bulging sports bag into Portman road which caused keystone cop / Marks bro farce to the rather peeved seated ticket holders lol
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 11:05]

Look. Ipswich town gave me a football and an Ipswich bag which I "proudly" took to Heathrow.

You know who, number 9 signed a shirt for me, Connor Wickham.

I guess I'm sort of a Crystal Palace, closet fan ;)
Allow Pete to return? You decide on 11:08 - Sep 2 with 2413 viewsTheHappyGooner

Your an enigma and so am I

I’ve had some very funny times in my life

And the DES ‘diarrhea’ episode was one of them

Lol
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 11:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024