Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off 18:03 - May 27 with 785 viewswessex_exile

Here goes for the U'sual Champions League final, between noah4x4 and BFG, and 3rd place play-off between basher2010 and ghughes11.

The match to predict, as you will all know, is Spurs v Liverpool, which kicks-off at 8pm on Saturday 1st June.

As usual, there are nine categories to predict, so please PM me your predictions, which I will only reveal when I have them all. For categories C-H, as usual there will be 2pts if spot-on, and one point for whoever is closest (or 1pt each if equidistant).
 A) Result - 3pts spot-on, 1pt for the outcome; 
 B) Goal scorer - pick one, get 1pt for each goal they score (including own goals); 
 C) Attempts on target - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if closest; 
 D) Attempts off target - ditto; 
 E) Corners - ditto; 
 F) Fouls - ditto; 
 G) Yellow cards - ditto (a straight red is not two yellows); and 
 H) Red cards - ditto (two yellows will count as two yellows and one red). 
 TB) The tie-break is the minute for the first substitution, closest (either side) wins. In the unlikely event that there are no substitutions, this will be counted as 0 (zero) minutes.

All predictions will be for the normal time match, extra-time or penalties will not count. The only questions you can't match exactly on are (A), (B) and (TB), so whilst there is no other advantage to predicting first, predicting last may mean having to change one or more of those predictions. I will let competitors know if predictions must be changed, and once I reveal all predictions, there will be no amendments. Deadline for predictions is kick-off (according the U'sual website time stamp for messages received).

All stats will be taken from the BBC Sport website, just in case there are discrepancies elsewhere.

Good luck everyone!
[Post edited 27 May 2019 18:21]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:39 - May 27 with 766 viewsBFG

I've sent a PM to Andy, all the best to Noah and the play-off guys.
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 20:25 - May 27 with 756 viewsnoah4x4

I p'm'ed Andy earlier too, so we are all set for an epic final.

Respect and handshakes to BFG.
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 20:37 - May 27 with 752 viewswessex_exile

Just to confirm, predictions safely received from noah4x4 and BFG, and no amendments needed. I will declare all predictions once basher2010 and ghughes11 have registered.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 22:36 - May 27 with 742 viewsghughes11

ooohh. Didn't realise that I would be in a 3rd place play-off! That's exciting :-)

Just submitted my predictions.

Good luck basher2010 and the two finalists

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 23:08 - May 27 with 735 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 22:36 - May 27 by ghughes11

ooohh. Didn't realise that I would be in a 3rd place play-off! That's exciting :-)

Just submitted my predictions.

Good luck basher2010 and the two finalists

All good, just basher2010 to go.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 18:24 - Jun 1 with 683 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 23:08 - May 27 by wessex_exile

All good, just basher2010 to go.

Just over an hour and a half until kick-off, so I'm bumping the thread as a reminder to basher2010.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:05 - Jun 1 with 673 viewsnoah4x4

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 18:24 - Jun 1 by wessex_exile

Just over an hour and a half until kick-off, so I'm bumping the thread as a reminder to basher2010.

Greetings from Stout Bar, W32 Street, NYC. Already here, 200 Spurs Fans; 200 Liverpool; 2 Col Utd, 1 Ipswich. Hence, 403 Anthony Joshua fans here already. Another 9,500 are on their way to Madison Square Garden. 15 screens here showing Champs League Final. The place is rocking on 7.5% real ales, all served properly (not chilled).
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:24 - Jun 1 with 668 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:05 - Jun 1 by noah4x4

Greetings from Stout Bar, W32 Street, NYC. Already here, 200 Spurs Fans; 200 Liverpool; 2 Col Utd, 1 Ipswich. Hence, 403 Anthony Joshua fans here already. Another 9,500 are on their way to Madison Square Garden. 15 screens here showing Champs League Final. The place is rocking on 7.5% real ales, all served properly (not chilled).

Sounds epic Noah - strewth though, 7.5%, not exactly a session beer :-)

Still no news from basher2010, but there's time yet...

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:55 - Jun 1 with 658 viewswessex_exile

Okay, 5 minutes to kick-off, and it looks like basher2010 isn’t going to make it. This of course will mean ghughes11 will automatically win the 3rd place play-off, but to keep things interesting (and as a bit of fun), I’ve used a random number generator in Excel to come up with some predictions to see how ghughes11 will fair against computer-based artificial intelligence.

So, predictions for the final are as follows:
noah4x4 v BFG
0-2.....(A - Spurs v Liverpool).....1-2
Mane.....(B - Goal scorers).....Salah
8.....(C - Attempts on target)......11
11.....(D - Attempts off target)....20
7...............(E - Corners)..............12
17...............(F - Fouls)................18
5...........(G - Yellow cards)............4
0.............(H - Red cards)..............0
46.........(TB - Substitution).........66

Predictions for the 3rd place play-off are:
Excel AI v ghughes11
2-3.....(A - Spurs v Liverpool).....1-2
Salah.....(B - Goal scorers)......Mane
10......(C - Attempts on target)......5
19......(D - Attempts off target)....20
10...............(E - Corners)..............13
20..................(F - Fouls)...............13
5..............(G - Yellow cards)...........2
1................(H - Red cards).............0
44..........(TB - Substitution)..........69

Good luck everyone!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 19:56]

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:55 - Jun 1 with 657 viewsbasher2010

2-1 spurs
Erikson
10 attempts on target
16 off target
12 corners
14 fouls
6 yellow cards
0 red cards
45 minutes sub
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:57 - Jun 1 with 651 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 19:55 - Jun 1 by basher2010

2-1 spurs
Erikson
10 attempts on target
16 off target
12 corners
14 fouls
6 yellow cards
0 red cards
45 minutes sub

Excellent - you're in basher2010, I will repost the correct predictions now :-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 20:01 - Jun 1 with 648 viewswessex_exile

So, predictions for the final are as follows:
noah4x4 v BFG
0-2.....(A - Spurs v Liverpool).....1-2
Mane.....(B - Goal scorers).....Salah
8.....(C - Attempts on target)......11
11.....(D - Attempts off target)....20
7...............(E - Corners)..............12
17...............(F - Fouls)................18
5...........(G - Yellow cards)............4
0.............(H - Red cards)..............0
46.........(TB - Substitution).........66

Predictions for the 3rd place play-off are:
basher2010 v ghughes11
2-1.....(A - Spurs v Liverpool).....1-2
Erikson..(B - Goal scorers)......Mane
10......(C - Attempts on target)......5
16......(D - Attempts off target)....20
12...............(E - Corners)..............13
14..................(F - Fouls)...............13
6..............(G - Yellow cards)...........2
0................(H - Red cards).............0
45..........(TB - Substitution)..........69

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 643 viewsnoah4x4

WEssex you forgot my bonus 10 points for a blond streaker..,.
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 21:26 - Jun 1 with 638 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 20:21 - Jun 1 by noah4x4

WEssex you forgot my bonus 10 points for a blond streaker..,.

Everyone gets that bonus Noah :-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 21:52 - Jun 1 with 635 viewsnoah4x4

0-2. Get in there
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 22:27 - Jun 1 with 629 viewswessex_exile

Full-time has blown in the Champions League final, and Liverpool have beaten Spurs 2-0, with goals from Salah and Origi. For the U'sual Champions League final, the other key stats are:

Attempts on target - 11
Attempts off target - 19
Corners - 17
Fouls - 11
Yellow cards (remarkably) - 0
Red cards - 0
Substitution tie-break - 58 minutes (though it wasn't needed)

U'sual Champions League Final
noah4x4 6 v 9 BFG

An epic contest, which literally went down to the wire. Noah scored 3pts for the spot-on score, another point for closest to fouls committed, and 2pts for zero red cards. However, although behind as Origi scored, BFG ultimately prevailed with 1pt for the Liverpool win, 1pt for Salah's early penalty, 2pts for attempts on target, 1pt for closest to attempts off target, 1pt for closest to corners, 1pt for closest to yellow cards, and as with Noah, 2pts for zero red cards.

basher2010 3 v 7 ghughes11
In the 3rd place play-off, basher2010 scored 1pt for attempts on target, and another 2pts for zero red cards. However, ghughes11 picked up points in almost every other category, including Liverpool's win, attempts off target, corners, fouls, yellow cards, and as with basher, 2pts for zero red cards.

Congratulations to BFG, as the 2019 U'sual Champions League winner, and thank you all for contributing to another fantastic competition!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 22:29]

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 23:36 - Jun 1 with 616 viewsnoah4x4

Congratulations to BFG but it feels odd to get the result spot on yet lose by factors that are arguably pure guesswork. But fair enough. Rules are rules.

Just settling down for Buatsi v Periban. MSG filling up. Awesome arena. Joshua fight still almost four hours away. Beer $12 a pint. I estimate 70% of spectators that have arrived are British.
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 11:39 - Jun 2 with 597 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 23:36 - Jun 1 by noah4x4

Congratulations to BFG but it feels odd to get the result spot on yet lose by factors that are arguably pure guesswork. But fair enough. Rules are rules.

Just settling down for Buatsi v Periban. MSG filling up. Awesome arena. Joshua fight still almost four hours away. Beer $12 a pint. I estimate 70% of spectators that have arrived are British.

Joshua fight???
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 11:51 - Jun 2 with 596 viewsnoah4x4

Complacent Joshua knocks down the fat Mexican then barely ten seconds later drops his gloves and sloppily walks into a haymaker that would have downed a rhino. Three stuttering rounds of sensibly keeping his distance then bizarrely walks into two more. Like watching Col U.
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 18:13 - Jun 3 with 578 viewsBFG

I am very pleased to defend my title, thank you wessex for running this competition again. :)
U'sual Champions League - Final and 3rd place play-off on 03:18 - Jun 5 with 549 viewsghughes11

cheers Wessex!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024