Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's 12:58 - Jul 19 with 1401 viewsdurham_exile

Paul Lambert brings his newly relegated Poorman Road outfit to the JobServe Community Stadium this evening. About 2,000 Farmers will be supporting their team.

Ipswich have actually made two decent signings in James Norwood from Tranmere and Luke Garbutt on loan from Everton. Norwood is a good lower division striker who is capable of 20 goals plus per season whilst Garbutt has not developed into the quality player that I thought he would. Too many loan signings at some indifferent teams have not helped him and he often plays left back or left wing. Let us hope that Ipswich do not waste his talent this season.

They are favourites with Sunderland and Pompey to go up this season from league one, but it will be a tough league for them to adjust to.

JM will still be experimenting but with only Charlton and Dover to come before the Port Vale game he must have some thoughts as to his starting XI on August 3rd.

Ryan Jackson's injury comes at an inopportune time and I do hope that he will not be out for too long.

Expect around 22 players to get some more game time tonight but this could be a preferred starting XI against the Farmers:

Gerken

Vincent-Young Eastman Sowunmi James

Lapslie Stevenson Pell

Brown Nouble Cowan-Hall

Subs:

Ross Kensdale Prosser Fernandes Norris Gambin Hasanally

Plus Ager, Chilvers, Comley, Clampin, and Senior

Weather looks like being showery and 19 degrees Celsius at the Stadium this evening.

Friendlies normally count for nothing, but this is a game that neither side will wish to lose.

Enjoy the game

UTU's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 14:22 - Jul 19 with 1381 viewsGOSBTS

Great preview Durham. I shall be there, can't wait, it's been a long summer! Up the U's!
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 17:49 - Jul 19 with 1352 viewsdurham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 14:22 - Jul 19 by GOSBTS

Great preview Durham. I shall be there, can't wait, it's been a long summer! Up the U's!

I would be grateful for a match report later to see how we managed our "illustrious neighbours"

UTU's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 1351 viewsGOSBTS

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 17:49 - Jul 19 by durham_exile

I would be grateful for a match report later to see how we managed our "illustrious neighbours"

UTU's

Will do!
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 19:22 - Jul 19 with 1338 viewsdurham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 17:54 - Jul 19 by GOSBTS

Will do!

Colchester starting XI this evening 4,4,2

Gerken

Vincent-Young Eastman Sowunmi James

Lapslie Stevenson Senior Gambin

Brown Nouble

Subs
Ross Fernandez Collinge Prosser Kensdale Chilvers Comley Pell Cowan-Hall Ager Norris Hasanally

First opportunity to look at Collinge

Pell suggests still not fully match fit or would definitely start

Enjoy the game

Up the U's
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 19:27]

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 20:40 - Jul 19 with 1311 viewsdurham_exile

An early second half goal doubles the Farmer's lead to 2-0.

Early pen from Norwood and Jacksons close range finish.

I do hope that I'm wrong but our continued failure to sign an out and out striker is costing us dear.

Anyway come on the U's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 20:52 - Jul 19 with 1300 viewsthrillseeker

Not looking good

Now 3-0 down
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 20:54 - Jul 19 with 1297 viewsdurham_exile

Sadly 3-0 now and a second for Norwood.

I wait for the write ups but I am right we still lack a striker and this will haunt us for another season I fear.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 21:03 - Jul 19 with 1289 viewspwrightsknees

Now 0-5.

Not good when you have a son and son-in-law who are fervent Farmers supporter.

But may be good to shake our hierarchy out of it complacency.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 21:12 - Jul 19 with 1281 viewsdurham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 21:03 - Jul 19 by pwrightsknees

Now 0-5.

Not good when you have a son and son-in-law who are fervent Farmers supporter.

But may be good to shake our hierarchy out of it complacency.

Embarrassing now in front of the Farmer's fans

If it is true that we collectively received almost £1.2m for Szmodics and Kent then some of that needs to be spent to bring in a STRIKER

UTU's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 1273 viewspwrightsknees

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 21:12 - Jul 19 by durham_exile

Embarrassing now in front of the Farmer's fans

If it is true that we collectively received almost £1.2m for Szmodics and Kent then some of that needs to be spent to bring in a STRIKER

UTU's

To concede 5 against a L1 side suggests we need a new defence, too.
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 22:35 - Jul 19 with 1209 viewsburnsieespana

Hopefully we will learn something from tonight!
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 22:48 - Jul 19 with 1204 viewsGOSBTS

Just got back from the game. Well, where do I start?

Firstly, the positives. It was lovely to be back at the Community Stadium. Made me realise how much I'd missed the football over the summer! Very good atmosphere for a pre-season friendly, even if most of it was created by Ipswich, who had filled all the North Stand and half of both the East and West stands.

If I'm being positive, the verdict of this game will be best formed at the end of the season. If Ipswich dominate League One, then the result won't seem as bad as it does right now. Norwood was unforgiving of our blushes, but we all knew that from last season. The U's started brightly, and held their own in the first half. Gambin looks like he'll be a regular starter and is brilliant on the ball. He does remind me much of Sammie, which is good so long as McGreal finds a good position for him. Gerken couldn't do much about any of the goals from what I could see.

The negatives? The moment Town scored their second, the heads went down. Senior faded into insignificance, as he sadly too often does. Nouble was not linked up well with, and if he is McGreal's starting striker up top come the Port Vale game, he'll have to hope that Gambin and co. develop a good relationship with him. Defence capitulated. I had high hopes for Cowan-Hall, especially as he was a regular for Wycombe off the bench in League One last year, but he really didn't do too much to impress me or show me that he's got League One calibre in him. Pushed off the ball very easily. Hope he proves me wrong. Midfield still looked lightweight, and by the end Lapslie and Pell looked like the only ones visibly upset by the way the game had gone.

Alas, it's only a friendly against (sadly) superior opposition. Concerns for me are how toothless we looked up front (only one real effort on goal) and the centre of the park, which are same concerns as last year. Hopefully Tuesday night will be better and come Port Vale, we'll find some fluency in the squad.

As an aside, the home shirts do look good IMO and as long as my wife assents, I'll be purchasing one come payday!
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 23:04 - Jul 19 with 1197 viewsdurham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 22:48 - Jul 19 by GOSBTS

Just got back from the game. Well, where do I start?

Firstly, the positives. It was lovely to be back at the Community Stadium. Made me realise how much I'd missed the football over the summer! Very good atmosphere for a pre-season friendly, even if most of it was created by Ipswich, who had filled all the North Stand and half of both the East and West stands.

If I'm being positive, the verdict of this game will be best formed at the end of the season. If Ipswich dominate League One, then the result won't seem as bad as it does right now. Norwood was unforgiving of our blushes, but we all knew that from last season. The U's started brightly, and held their own in the first half. Gambin looks like he'll be a regular starter and is brilliant on the ball. He does remind me much of Sammie, which is good so long as McGreal finds a good position for him. Gerken couldn't do much about any of the goals from what I could see.

The negatives? The moment Town scored their second, the heads went down. Senior faded into insignificance, as he sadly too often does. Nouble was not linked up well with, and if he is McGreal's starting striker up top come the Port Vale game, he'll have to hope that Gambin and co. develop a good relationship with him. Defence capitulated. I had high hopes for Cowan-Hall, especially as he was a regular for Wycombe off the bench in League One last year, but he really didn't do too much to impress me or show me that he's got League One calibre in him. Pushed off the ball very easily. Hope he proves me wrong. Midfield still looked lightweight, and by the end Lapslie and Pell looked like the only ones visibly upset by the way the game had gone.

Alas, it's only a friendly against (sadly) superior opposition. Concerns for me are how toothless we looked up front (only one real effort on goal) and the centre of the park, which are same concerns as last year. Hopefully Tuesday night will be better and come Port Vale, we'll find some fluency in the squad.

As an aside, the home shirts do look good IMO and as long as my wife assents, I'll be purchasing one come payday!

GOSBTS thank you for your report which I read with some interest.

I have banged on about a lack of strike power for three years but tonight the defence has obviously come under scrutiny too.

But I still believe we need an out and out striker, or we will fail again this season.

See what happens when Charlton come to town.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 23:12 - Jul 19 with 1193 viewsGOSBTS

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 23:04 - Jul 19 by durham_exile

GOSBTS thank you for your report which I read with some interest.

I have banged on about a lack of strike power for three years but tonight the defence has obviously come under scrutiny too.

But I still believe we need an out and out striker, or we will fail again this season.

See what happens when Charlton come to town.

UTU's

I do agree. Nouble is as good as he can be, but probably isn't the out and out scorer we need. Norris was put on when the game was gone at 5-0, and therefore he didn't really get any meaningful minutes. This suggests to me that he's not being looked at as our first-choice striker, unless McGreal changes things significantly on Tuesday.
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 23:42 - Jul 19 with 1184 viewsBlue4U2

I know the answer to our striker problem
Stick Showumni up front- at least it won't matter if he gives the ball away as much as he did tonight!
I thought someone on here said he was a man mountain and destined to be a fans favourite, though tonight he looked like a liability and more likely to be booed
Overall tonight just served as a stark reminder to me why I stopped going to friendlies especially against Ipswich!
New kit takes a bit of getting used to, it looks at first as if someone forgot to pack the right kit for a game! I guess it's all about the sponsors money, but talking of sponsors, a year after Jobserve were announced as naming rights to the stadium, the signs outside still say BLANK Community Stadium
If we play like that against an average League 1 side, a half decent League 2 side will slaughter us!
Sorry rant over, a very disappointed Blue4U2!!!!
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 23:58 - Jul 19 with 1180 viewsBlue4U2

[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 23:59]
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 07:31 - Jul 20 with 1103 viewsbwildered

Looks like U's have fired up the Tractorboys Cakewalk Campaign .

One small friendly game for U's, one large banana skin for our pre season .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 09:29 - Jul 20 with 1073 viewsdurham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 23:42 - Jul 19 by Blue4U2

I know the answer to our striker problem
Stick Showumni up front- at least it won't matter if he gives the ball away as much as he did tonight!
I thought someone on here said he was a man mountain and destined to be a fans favourite, though tonight he looked like a liability and more likely to be booed
Overall tonight just served as a stark reminder to me why I stopped going to friendlies especially against Ipswich!
New kit takes a bit of getting used to, it looks at first as if someone forgot to pack the right kit for a game! I guess it's all about the sponsors money, but talking of sponsors, a year after Jobserve were announced as naming rights to the stadium, the signs outside still say BLANK Community Stadium
If we play like that against an average League 1 side, a half decent League 2 side will slaughter us!
Sorry rant over, a very disappointed Blue4U2!!!!

Blue - I was the contributor praising Omar Sowunmi
I still believe that he will be an asset this season.

Having watched the goals on a gleeful ITFC website - they have two strikers in Norwood and Jackson who are exactly the type of players that we need to fire us out of this wretched league two.

I know that JM doesn't want any more additions but spend some of that Szmodics cash on someone who knows where the net is - Hemmings from Notts County.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 10:22 - Jul 20 with 1061 viewsburnsieespana

At least last night should have knocked out the pre season complacency which seems to have abounded in recent days.
Two positives from last night are we might realise still a lot to do and the Farmers will think they are invincible and get a few early thrashing!
Our Suffolk fiends next up for Super U's on 20:19 - Jul 20 with 958 viewsLeadbelly

Just seen the goals from last night. Yes it’s a pre-season game, yes it’s all about fitness, yes it was against a better side but the midfield and defence gave Ipswich the freedom of Colchester and many of our players looked painfully slow.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024