Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs tickets 20:56 - Sep 5 with 1064 viewsdurham_exile

An absolute shambles, almost as bad as Parliament.

Cannot access the ticket site and suspect that I have missed my opportunity for a ticket.

Seething at present.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Spurs tickets on 21:02 - Sep 5 with 1056 viewsDaniel

Sadly it was just as painful trying to get tickets as a season ticket holder. Only available between 10am-5pm when most of us are at work and the phoneline was either engaged or unanswered as there was no queuing system in place.

Best of luck.
Spurs tickets on 23:39 - Sep 5 with 1031 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs tickets on 21:02 - Sep 5 by Daniel

Sadly it was just as painful trying to get tickets as a season ticket holder. Only available between 10am-5pm when most of us are at work and the phoneline was either engaged or unanswered as there was no queuing system in place.

Best of luck.

Daniel
Clearly the night owl is successful with tickets, definitely worth the wait, managed to get a ticket.

Will you have divided loyalties that evening?

UTU's

Durham_exile

Spurs tickets on 00:07 - Sep 6 with 1023 viewswessex_exile

Spurs tickets on 23:39 - Sep 5 by durham_exile

Daniel
Clearly the night owl is successful with tickets, definitely worth the wait, managed to get a ticket.

UTU's

Glad to hear it Durham. Got mine earlier - bit of a struggle just to get on hold (rather than engaged), but not too bad once I had.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Spurs tickets on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 976 viewsDaniel

Spurs tickets on 23:39 - Sep 5 by durham_exile

Daniel

UTU's

Glad you (and Wessex) managed to get tickets.

Not really got devided loyalties - this one is easy, I want ColU to win. A win in this game means so much more to the U's, but regardless of that I'd always say ColU are my team ahead of Spurs.
Spurs tickets on 13:46 - Sep 6 with 969 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs tickets on 12:02 - Sep 6 by Daniel

Glad you (and Wessex) managed to get tickets.

Not really got devided loyalties - this one is easy, I want ColU to win. A win in this game means so much more to the U's, but regardless of that I'd always say ColU are my team ahead of Spurs.

Daniel very pleased to hear it.

Spurs game now sold out.

Should be a cracker.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Spurs tickets on 19:17 - Sep 6 with 932 viewsGOSBTS

Bit frustrating as I'd logged on at 8pm and refreshed constantly until 10.30pm, at which point I had to call it a night. Woke up for work at 6am and all sold out. Would have considered buying match credits if the period had been longer than 10-5 on Thursday. I can only check my phone at work during my half an hour lunch break and wasn't prepared to fork out almost a £100 with no guarantee of getting through the queues within half an hour.

I guess it's a bit like the UK's preparation for snow - these kind of games don't come round often enough to justify the club implementing better systems! Would have been nice if there had been a "purchase history" period so genuine Col U fans could have had a chance at tickets before Spurs fans, who undoubtedly contributed to the crashing of the site last night.

Oh well, I am going to see the U's tomorrow against Walsall for my first league game of the season, and I'm very excited!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:18]
Spurs tickets on 20:30 - Sep 6 with 921 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs tickets on 19:17 - Sep 6 by GOSBTS

Bit frustrating as I'd logged on at 8pm and refreshed constantly until 10.30pm, at which point I had to call it a night. Woke up for work at 6am and all sold out. Would have considered buying match credits if the period had been longer than 10-5 on Thursday. I can only check my phone at work during my half an hour lunch break and wasn't prepared to fork out almost a £100 with no guarantee of getting through the queues within half an hour.

I guess it's a bit like the UK's preparation for snow - these kind of games don't come round often enough to justify the club implementing better systems! Would have been nice if there had been a "purchase history" period so genuine Col U fans could have had a chance at tickets before Spurs fans, who undoubtedly contributed to the crashing of the site last night.

Oh well, I am going to see the U's tomorrow against Walsall for my first league game of the season, and I'm very excited!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:18]

GOSBTS - sorry you didn't manage a ticket for the Spurs game.

I really hope you enjoy tomorrow's game and that you witness a good home victory.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Spurs tickets on 06:50 - Sep 7 with 882 viewsnoah4x4

The club first rewarding Season Ticket Holders and those buying Match Credits is a perfectly reasonable approach to reward loyalty. However, our recent cup record is so abysmal, and early bird prices reasonable, hence some people have got into the habit of not parting with their money at the start of a season and will buy individual tickets.

My guess is even if there was a third tier of priority based on such ad-hoc attendances many would still lose out due to the two tickets per ST rule/limit. Arguably, should that limit be one? I didn't take up my second, but I suspect most did. Perhaps next season will see a rise in ST and Match Credit sales and a one per ST/MC policy announced in advance of the cup draws?
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs tickets on 19:08 - Sep 8 with 816 viewsDaniel

Spurs tickets on 06:50 - Sep 7 by noah4x4

The club first rewarding Season Ticket Holders and those buying Match Credits is a perfectly reasonable approach to reward loyalty. However, our recent cup record is so abysmal, and early bird prices reasonable, hence some people have got into the habit of not parting with their money at the start of a season and will buy individual tickets.

My guess is even if there was a third tier of priority based on such ad-hoc attendances many would still lose out due to the two tickets per ST rule/limit. Arguably, should that limit be one? I didn't take up my second, but I suspect most did. Perhaps next season will see a rise in ST and Match Credit sales and a one per ST/MC policy announced in advance of the cup draws?

I'm all for two tickets per season ticket holder, hope that continues in the future. It's nice to feel valued for a change! There can't be that many of us (say 1000) and not everyone will take up the extra ticket, so it doesn't make that much of a difference to sales.
Spurs tickets on 19:21 - Sep 8 with 809 viewsDaniel

Other than GOSBTS, did everyone on here who wanted a ticket get one? The reason I ask is because when I saw Durham was having trouble, I bought a spare ticket in case he or one of the other regulars here didn't get one.

I'll offer it to GOSBTS if no one else comes forward (face value of course).
Spurs tickets on 20:33 - Sep 8 with 794 viewsMoor_Pinot

Spurs tickets on 19:21 - Sep 8 by Daniel

Other than GOSBTS, did everyone on here who wanted a ticket get one? The reason I ask is because when I saw Durham was having trouble, I bought a spare ticket in case he or one of the other regulars here didn't get one.

How very very thoughtful Daniel. There are kindly people on this board.
I have to watch from afar so have no need but the recipient is lucky due to the thought you showed.

Moor Pinot

Spurs tickets on 21:01 - Sep 8 with 789 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs tickets on 20:33 - Sep 8 by Moor_Pinot

How very very thoughtful Daniel. There are kindly people on this board.
I have to watch from afar so have no need but the recipient is lucky due to the thought you showed.

Daniel I definitely echo those sentiments a tremendously thoughtful and kind thing to do.

I hope that the recipient is grateful.
Excellent

UTU's

Durham_exile

Spurs tickets on 22:11 - Sep 8 with 779 viewsGOSBTS

Spurs tickets on 19:21 - Sep 8 by Daniel

Daniel, I did not expect to see this when I perused this thread tonight!! That is overwhelmingly kind. Please do hold on to it just in case somebody else you know better comes forward, or if a friend/relative is in need of a ticket. If nobody else does then I would be over the moon to buy it off of you. A heartfelt thank you in advance!
Spurs tickets on 20:37 - Sep 15 with 608 viewsDaniel

Spurs tickets on 22:11 - Sep 8 by GOSBTS

Daniel, I did not expect to see this when I perused this thread tonight!! That is overwhelmingly kind. Please do hold on to it just in case somebody else you know better comes forward, or if a friend/relative is in need of a ticket. If nobody else does then I would be over the moon to buy it off of you. A heartfelt thank you in advance!

GOSBTS, as no one else has come forward, the ticket is yours

I'll DM you to sort out the details.
Spurs tickets on 06:38 - Sep 16 with 568 viewsGOSBTS

Spurs tickets on 20:37 - Sep 15 by Daniel

GOSBTS, as no one else has come forward, the ticket is yours

I'll DM you to sort out the details.

Wonderful news Daniel, you've made me one very happy chap! Look forward to discussing details via DM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024