Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Dunne 15:14 - May 27 with 18554 viewsbrad

i thought he would get another year!i think we need him in the championship,sad to see him go, solid.
Richard Dunne on 20:31 - May 27 with 3164 viewsNorthernr

Probably Redknapp's best signing bar Austin. Two years of great service.

Firstly, on this thread, I'd say how do you know he wants to stay? Might be ready to call it a day, might fancy a final pay day abroad (certainly had an offer from India and won't be the only one).

Secondly, we might have made him an offer to stay and he's turned it down. Posted on here the other day that he was a good cheap option but I've since been told, typical of QPR under Fernandes and Redknapp, that cheap he most certainly was not.

Thirdly, there have been signs, as there were the previous season, that in the second half of the season it's really catching up with him. If, two years ago, he struggled to do a full Championship season, do we want to be relying on him again next year?

Fourthly, we don't know who they've got lined up. Might have three brilliant Championship centre halves, 24 years old with big chests and unblemished fitness records, all ready to sign for £250k and 5k a week.
Richard Dunne on 20:50 - May 27 with 3091 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Has been solid enough when called upon but the right decision IMO. Too old, too slow and too injury prone.
Richard Dunne on 21:33 - May 27 with 3053 viewsbrad

i hope we keep max elmer and give him a chance
Richard Dunne on 23:05 - May 27 with 2992 viewseccles

Richard Dunne on 20:31 - May 27 by Northernr

Probably Redknapp's best signing bar Austin. Two years of great service.

Firstly, on this thread, I'd say how do you know he wants to stay? Might be ready to call it a day, might fancy a final pay day abroad (certainly had an offer from India and won't be the only one).

Secondly, we might have made him an offer to stay and he's turned it down. Posted on here the other day that he was a good cheap option but I've since been told, typical of QPR under Fernandes and Redknapp, that cheap he most certainly was not.

Thirdly, there have been signs, as there were the previous season, that in the second half of the season it's really catching up with him. If, two years ago, he struggled to do a full Championship season, do we want to be relying on him again next year?

Fourthly, we don't know who they've got lined up. Might have three brilliant Championship centre halves, 24 years old with big chests and unblemished fitness records, all ready to sign for £250k and 5k a week.

just a quick one on your fourth point Northern... you still talking about QPR?
Richard Dunne on 23:07 - May 27 with 2987 viewsNorthernr

Richard Dunne on 23:05 - May 27 by eccles

just a quick one on your fourth point Northern... you still talking about QPR?

New era innit. I'm all buoyed and full of optimism by King Joey being shown the fcking door.

Then they released the season ticket prices...
Richard Dunne on 23:11 - May 27 with 2976 viewsMrSheen

Always played with pride and courage, and tried his hardest. Doesn't seem a lot to ask, but it was beyond so many of his team-mates.
Richard Dunne on 11:16 - May 28 with 2870 viewsbrad

it said today in the irish indepentdent that the club did open contract talks with him,after saying he wanted to stay,but didnt last long because the money was low,now heading to the states with clubs interested in signing him.
Richard Dunne on 11:46 - May 28 with 2847 viewsCiderwithRsie

Been a great servant to the club, but let's face it, plenty of us thought he was old and slow when he first signed, let alone two years later. And I know the Championship will be more rough-and-ready, the sort of thing Dunne's type of play suits, but it will also be full of physical effort and running that I think will expose him.

Certainly think that if its a choice between keeping Dunne for another year or giving Ehmer a go I'd opt for the second. And if I'm keeping one of Hill or Dunne, with some reluctance I'd choose Hill because I think he might have an off-the-pitch role lined up.
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Dunne on 11:53 - May 28 with 2840 viewsTacticalR

Richard Dunne on 20:30 - May 27 by bosh67

He has done a great job and was a great pro for us. Thought he was awesome at the end of last season. Watched him in the last few games at LR and thought, after the knee injury, and thought, hmmm, I think his legs have finally gone. I actually think he came back for the cause and risked damage to that knee again.

His injury this year felt like another Ryan Nelsen moment.

When our revival started in October against Liverpool, the key players were Dunne and Yun, with Sandro sitting in front, and as both Yun and Sandro were already out at the time Dunne got injured, it was really the last thing we needed.

Agree with bosh67 that when he came back for the last few games he didn't look quite the same.

Air hostess clique

Richard Dunne on 11:54 - May 28 with 2833 viewsfakekerby

I'd be intrigued to see where the likes of SWP, Dunne, Barton all end up. It'll say a lot about what other clubs think to their qualities, or lack there of.

I suspect they'll end up somewhere like the MLS. I can't see a Prem club wanting any of them or a Championship club being able to afford them.

Either way, those three alone won't do us much damage by leaving and the wages saved will be in the region of 150-160k a week, which is over £8 million a year!
Richard Dunne on 12:39 - May 28 with 2801 viewsSpiritofGregory

Glad the old codger has gone.
Richard Dunne on 12:45 - May 28 with 2790 viewsTacticalR

Richard Dunne on 12:39 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Not everyone could be like you SoG, and improve with age.

Air hostess clique

Richard Dunne on 12:54 - May 28 with 2767 viewsJuzzie

The old codger that, as said, kept Wigan at bay in the play off semi's and was MoM at Wembley?

I think his time is up and rightly so (it's like expecting Pele to still be playing simply because he was once great) but to refer to him like that is insulting and disrespectful.
Richard Dunne on 13:03 - May 28 with 2744 viewsSpiritofGregory

Richard Dunne on 12:54 - May 28 by Juzzie

The old codger that, as said, kept Wigan at bay in the play off semi's and was MoM at Wembley?

I think his time is up and rightly so (it's like expecting Pele to still be playing simply because he was once great) but to refer to him like that is insulting and disrespectful.

Why do I need to show the old codger respect?

He was paid to play well not spend time on the treatment table earning millions. No wonder he wanted another contract. On your bike Richard.
Richard Dunne on 13:03 - May 28 with 2745 viewsrichpr

100% effort and genuine player - just too slow now. Slightly embarrassing in last few games.

Good luck to him though - true professional
Richard Dunne on 13:10 - May 28 with 2546 viewsJuzzie

Richard Dunne on 13:03 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

He was paid to play well not spend time on the treatment table earning millions. No wonder he wanted another contract. On your bike Richard.

Because he actually did a good job on the whole? Unlike SWP and a whole load of others.

How do you know he wanted another contract? Do you know for a fact he asked for one? (It's not a rhetorical question, by the way)

Too much guesswork, conjecture and speculation stated as fact.

Again, all the official site said was that XYZ players would be leaving at the end of their contract. NOTHING was ever said about who was and who was not offered a new deal or who did or who didn't ask for one.

[Post edited 28 May 2015 13:12]
Richard Dunne on 13:19 - May 28 with 2515 viewsCFW

We all have opinions on players but in Dunne's case you are wrong and I am sorry he has gone. I do not think he should have been offered another contract but equally I do not think Hill should be either (other than a coaching role).

As a servent to the club he was brilliant and especially in our last Championship year when we kept clean sheet for fun he was one of the main reasons. I wish him well for the future and he has my total respect.
Richard Dunne on 13:20 - May 28 with 2512 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Richard Dunne on 13:10 - May 28 by Juzzie

Because he actually did a good job on the whole? Unlike SWP and a whole load of others.

How do you know he wanted another contract? Do you know for a fact he asked for one? (It's not a rhetorical question, by the way)

Too much guesswork, conjecture and speculation stated as fact.

Again, all the official site said was that XYZ players would be leaving at the end of their contract. NOTHING was ever said about who was and who was not offered a new deal or who did or who didn't ask for one.

[Post edited 28 May 2015 13:12]

He went on record a few times saying he'd like to stay on.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-richard-dunne-despera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096700/Richard-Dunne-hoping-r

Add to this brad's comments above regarding the Irish Independent and I'd say it's not guesswork, conjecture or speculation.
Richard Dunne on 13:25 - May 28 with 2502 viewsJuzzie

Richard Dunne on 13:20 - May 28 by Benny_the_Ball

He went on record a few times saying he'd like to stay on.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-richard-dunne-despera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096700/Richard-Dunne-hoping-r

Add to this brad's comments above regarding the Irish Independent and I'd say it's not guesswork, conjecture or speculation.

OK, fair do's on that one but there is still a lot of speculation flying around about the players who have been released. Joey, for example, might have been offered a new one year deal on vastly reduced terms and he declined it. Or, he wasn't offered one at all.

Generally we don't know but there are an awful lot of people who seem to think they know the inner workings of the club and each players contracts.
Richard Dunne on 13:36 - May 28 with 2478 viewsR_from_afar

"He was paid to play well not spend time on the treatment table earning millions". You make it sound as if his recent knee injury was self-inflicted. Did you see him take a hammer to himself?

Since he arrived at the club, he has easily been our best defender. I think the time has come for us to move on without him but for goodness sake, show some gratitude. He may have been overpaid but that is not his fault, he is far from being the only one in that category and you cannot fault his effort (or perhaps *you* can?).

Man alive.

Thank you Mr Dunne.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Richard Dunne on 14:28 - May 28 with 2451 viewsJeff

In the two seasons that Richard Dunne has been at the club he has played in 72 games in total.

In that same two year period, Charlie Austin has played in 73.

Is Charlie Austin also paid to play well and not spend time on the treatment table earning millions?

Can we not knock it?

Richard Dunne on 15:18 - May 28 with 2413 viewssimmo

Richard Dunne on 14:28 - May 28 by Jeff

In the two seasons that Richard Dunne has been at the club he has played in 72 games in total.

In that same two year period, Charlie Austin has played in 73.

Is Charlie Austin also paid to play well and not spend time on the treatment table earning millions?

Stop trying to reason with it!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Richard Dunne on 17:05 - May 28 with 2374 viewsTacticalR

Richard Dunne, Richard Dunne, riding through the glen
Richard Dunne, Richard Dunne, with his band of men
Feared by the bad, loved by the good
Richard Dunne, Richard Dunne, Richard Dunne

Air hostess clique

Richard Dunne on 17:57 - May 28 with 2347 viewsTGRRRSSS

How many more people aged 35 or older would people here keep?

I agree all the sentiments on Dunne last season particularly, but it is time to move on.
Richard Dunne on 22:00 - May 28 with 2290 viewspaulparker

Fair play to Dunne I thought he would be sh1t & injury prone but he turned into our most consistent defender over the last 2 years, he reminded me a lot of Macca
The frustrating thing is Him & Ned should have continued the partnership this year not caulker & Rio who were shocking in the early part of the season , it's a shame droopy couldn't see it
the thing with Dunne is he never had pace as the Everton supporting reg in my pub always points out, that's why you play him with someone pacy,
Saying all of that the time is right that he goes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024