Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) 10:43 - Jun 7 with 15546 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Saw this casually mentioned on the Sky Sports media round-up this morning. Or at least I think I did...I hope I didn't imagine it, I'd like to think I have a more exotic imagination than that.

Competition for KOL in the area of cone-placing?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:53 - Jun 7 with 3877 viewslondonlisa2001

God - for one moment I read this as Craig Beattie and thought the world had gone mad.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:56 - Jun 7 with 3865 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:53 - Jun 7 by londonlisa2001

God - for one moment I read this as Craig Beattie and thought the world had gone mad.

Keep reading the thread and you'll return to your original thought...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:03 - Jun 7 with 3842 viewsmax936

Heard a few of his interviews on Radio and seen him on Tv, not for me to be honest, not fussed on him at all seems a bit like a me me me type, notsure what advice he could offer the like of Bafe either to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:59 - Jun 7 with 3760 viewsAngelRangelQS

If I was a football manager and one of my best mates had been a very good footballer with a successful career at the top level, had a desire to coach and something between his ears, I would move heaven and earth to get him into my club.

Jobs for the boys though
[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 19:00]
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:45 - Jun 7 with 3671 viewsUxbridge

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 16:55 - Jun 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Have you ever done cocaine, skippy?

Not unless someone else paid for it, lined it up on some nubile young lovely, carried him to her and moved his head to the precise area I'd wager.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 20:25 - Jun 7 with 3585 viewsHighjack

In an attempt to wrench this thread towards some semblance of relevance (I feel I'm under the influence of said hallucinogenic just by reading it) I will mention that he has had experience of managing his own club, and not done too badly for a club that's punching well above it's weight.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 21:27 - Jun 7 with 3511 viewsmacthejack

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:45 - Jun 7 by Uxbridge

Not unless someone else paid for it, lined it up on some nubile young lovely, carried him to her and moved his head to the precise area I'd wager.

I reckon he'd just have it spooned into his nostrils while he lies back on a chaise lounge, none of that sniffing business.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:40 - Jun 16 with 3131 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I wonder if he's moving down Gower?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:47 - Jun 16 with 3080 viewsmonmouth

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:40 - Jun 16 by NeiltheTaylor

I wonder if he's moving down Gower?

Doubt it, he'd need a job first and all those skilled people are in the way.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:53 - Jun 16 with 3038 viewsNeiltheTaylor

There's always the smuggling business down Brandy Cove

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:59 - Jun 16 with 3003 viewsDull1Thomas

Who will be going first Curt or KoL?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 13:02 - Jun 16 with 2986 viewsItchySphincter

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:59 - Jun 16 by Dull1Thomas

Who will be going first Curt or KoL?

Neither apparently, Beattie is going to work with the forwards.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 13:17 - Jun 16 with 2911 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/james-beattie-joins-swans-coaching-staff

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 13:39 - Jun 16 with 2818 viewsQuakerJack

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 13:17 - Jun 16 by NeiltheTaylor

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/james-beattie-joins-swans-coaching-staff

"Stanley finished 15th in Beattie's first full season in charge, but he departed the Lancashire club just six games into the 2014-15 season with the club sitting 21st in League Two."

hmmm.....

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 16:44 - Jun 16 with 2613 viewsSwan91

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 13:39 - Jun 16 by QuakerJack

"Stanley finished 15th in Beattie's first full season in charge, but he departed the Lancashire club just six games into the 2014-15 season with the club sitting 21st in League Two."

hmmm.....

Obviously needs more coaching experience before going back into management. Hence why he has joined us. Give him 2-3 more seasons of coaching then I'm sure he will try to get back into management.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:17 - Jun 16 with 2473 viewsicecoldjack

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 16:44 - Jun 16 by Swan91

Obviously needs more coaching experience before going back into management. Hence why he has joined us. Give him 2-3 more seasons of coaching then I'm sure he will try to get back into management.

So are we paying to train him up so he can then fook off ?

jobs for the boys but monk has earnt it for his best mate in fairness.
Working with the strikers will be interesting, wonder what Bafa and ayew can learn from james.

Anyway, like i said monk has earned the right to look after his best mate so no complaints from me.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:39 - Jun 16 with 2434 viewsAngelRangelQS

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:17 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

Working with the strikers will be interesting, wonder what Bafa and ayew can learn from james.

Anyway, like i said monk has earned the right to look after his best mate so no complaints from me.

His best mate who also scored nearly 100 goals in the top flight.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:35 - Jun 16 with 2354 viewsicecoldjack

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:39 - Jun 16 by AngelRangelQS

His best mate who also scored nearly 100 goals in the top flight.

yes but that doesn't prove he is able to teach Bafa and ayew how to score though.

Like i said previously monk has earned the right to make his own choice here but Beatie as a centre forward was steady apart from one really good season with southampton, was pretty much awful for Everton before dropping down to the championship with sheff utd .

His prem stats.

Blackburn app 4 gls 0
Southampton app 207 gls 68
Everton app 76 gls 13
Stoke app 38 gls 10

325 apps over 12 yrs scoring 91 goals in the prem league if divided up comes in at under 10 goals a season .

His career stats for Everton and Stoke are below average so lets not pretend he was something special .
I likr to think Monk has got him here for many reasons not just for showing a French international and an african player of the year where the goal is.

Beatie is here as a coach but i think its fair to not pretend he was prolific in the prem league because he wasn't . If the Swans have got him in he must have certain qualities that fit our thinking and that at the end of the day is good enough for me, the helping the strikers bit seems like a bit of window dressing to me.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:55 - Jun 16 with 2318 viewsDr_Winston

Beattie's merits or lack thereof as a player have absolutely no bearing on his ability as a coach. Zero. Zip. Nada.

In a Premier League that has since it's inception mostly been won by three managers without so much as a single International cap between them it's amazing that people still think otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:56 - Jun 16 with 2316 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is "jobs for the boys" the new "panic buy" or "Jenkins signing"? You know, the sort of thing people say when they're desperate to say something negative about a successful manager who they never wanted or expected to do so well.

Poll: Tory leader

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:02 - Jun 16 with 2300 viewsNeath_Jack

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:56 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Is "jobs for the boys" the new "panic buy" or "Jenkins signing"? You know, the sort of thing people say when they're desperate to say something negative about a successful manager who they never wanted or expected to do so well.

I'd wager it's definitely not the last time we will hear it over the coming season. I'd wager further, that we will hear it more after a defeat.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 2295 viewsexiledclaseboy

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:02 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

I'd wager it's definitely not the last time we will hear it over the coming season. I'd wager further, that we will hear it more after a defeat.

Especially if the Beattie-coached strikers start firing a few blanks.

Poll: Tory leader

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:10 - Jun 16 with 2279 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dont understand the 'jobs for teh boys' thing myself.

Monk isnt going to appoint any old monkey into the job is he? Notice nobody says anything about Pascoe being appointed as Rodgers right hand man. The waiter has Graeme Jones and the other bloke. You appoint people on the basis of whether you think they can do a job and whether they can fit in and add something to the staff - much like any other job really.

"Jobs for the boys" is just a lazy, cynical, throwaway statement

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:14 - Jun 16 with 2271 viewsswan_si

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 17:17 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

i think Garry is grooming him as his future number 2, when our Garry gets the call from the English FA they will ride off into the sunset like Butch and Sundance.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 19:36 - Jun 16 with 2235 viewsAngelRangelQS

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:55 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

Beattie's merits or lack thereof as a player have absolutely no bearing on his ability as a coach. Zero. Zip. Nada.

In a Premier League that has since it's inception mostly been won by three managers without so much as a single International cap between them it's amazing that people still think otherwise.

Agreed but the whole "jobs for the boys because he's his best mate" argument may wash if his best mate had been working in a factory for the last 20 years but not on the basis that he's been a good footballer.

If I was a manager (in any role in life) and I had the opportunity to appoint my (suitably qualified) mate into a role assisting me, I'd do it without hesitation. Mainly because I trust him and also because I'd know we'd get on which is pretty much essential.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024