Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) 10:43 - Jun 7 with 15544 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Saw this casually mentioned on the Sky Sports media round-up this morning. Or at least I think I did...I hope I didn't imagine it, I'd like to think I have a more exotic imagination than that.

Competition for KOL in the area of cone-placing?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 20:05 - Jun 16 with 1960 viewsLeonisGod

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 12:07 - Jun 7 by NeiltheTaylor

An attacking coach is exactly where we need to strengthen. Regardless is he is Monk's mate, Beattie was pretty much top class for a while as a player and has been focussed on coaching for a while now.

Are we getting that up our own arses that we would snub someone with that kind of pedigree potentially coming into a job before even giving them a chance to show it? Wow.

It sounds like the club aren't precious and neither are most of us fans. There's always a few though who think we should be aiming higher (in pretty much everything we do). Mostly I'd say we're ab pretty grounded bunch around.
James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 20:52 - Jun 16 with 1844 viewsdgt73

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 16:55 - Jun 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Have you ever done cocaine, skippy?

Having read his contribution to this thread, I'd say skippy is definitely on something.....probably LSD.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 21:43 - Jun 17 with 1645 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Beattie Tweety:

'Many thanks for all your good luck messages. Can't wait to meet up again with all the staff and players @SwansOfficial. Honoured and Proud'

'Hard work, diligence and total commitment to the cause. Helping this fine club progress under the leadership of an excellent young manager.'

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 02:47 - Jun 18 with 1528 viewsStarsky

James Beattie - wanted by Monk (as a coach) on 18:35 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

yes but that doesn't prove he is able to teach Bafa and ayew how to score though.

Like i said previously monk has earned the right to make his own choice here but Beatie as a centre forward was steady apart from one really good season with southampton, was pretty much awful for Everton before dropping down to the championship with sheff utd .

His prem stats.

Blackburn app 4 gls 0
Southampton app 207 gls 68
Everton app 76 gls 13
Stoke app 38 gls 10

325 apps over 12 yrs scoring 91 goals in the prem league if divided up comes in at under 10 goals a season .

His career stats for Everton and Stoke are below average so lets not pretend he was something special .
I likr to think Monk has got him here for many reasons not just for showing a French international and an african player of the year where the goal is.

Beatie is here as a coach but i think its fair to not pretend he was prolific in the prem league because he wasn't . If the Swans have got him in he must have certain qualities that fit our thinking and that at the end of the day is good enough for me, the helping the strikers bit seems like a bit of window dressing to me.

Considering you are backing Monk in this appointment ... You've done it such a negative way.

You and others honestly think he'd bring someone in to the club that he didn't think would improve us.
If it was jobs for the boys, he wouldn't have got rid of Tate and virtually ended Leon's Swans career.
laudrup brought some crazy guys with him to the Swans. Now they were jobs for the boys.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024