Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wealdstone tickets 09:16 - Nov 3 with 2440 viewsCol_U_Chris

Anybody wanting to buy tickets for Saturday and afraid of missing out at this end can buy them online direct from Wealdstone and collect on Saturday. It sounds like fans will be directed to home or away areas on the day.

http://www.wfcmegastore.co.uk/118-tickets
Wealdstone tickets on 11:19 - Nov 3 with 2399 viewswessex_exile

Done - no issues about whether home or away supporter, don't even ask the question.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wealdstone tickets on 13:06 - Nov 3 with 2392 viewsLeadbelly

Good tip CUC, especially as there is still nothing available on Col U website.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wealdstone tickets on 15:56 - Nov 3 with 2374 viewsCol_U_Chris

Glad to be of help, Colchester selling tickets now but only to season ticket holders at present one per season ticket. I think there could be more demand for this than Wealdstone realise, we have quite a few of supporters who live in London and surrounding areas (My daughter lives in Twickenham!) who may enjoy a short trip over there. Lets hope it doesnt dissolve into chaos, you only need a few hot heads in either camp and it will be all over the T.V given it is already covered for football purposes.
Wealdstone tickets on 16:37 - Nov 3 with 2363 viewsLeadbelly

I have a season ticket but work in London. I don't have time to go the ticket office and nor do I fancy hanging on the 'phone for ages so thanks again for the tip.

I suspect Wealdstone know very well that a proportion of the tickets they sell will be to Us fans but I applaud their decision to not segregate and to not ramp up prices to ridiculous levels. I'm sure they just want a full house. Let's hope everyone attending appreciates what the home club has done, behaves themselves and has a great day out, regardless of the result.

Wealdstone tickets on 17:44 - Nov 3 with 2348 viewslofty

Wealdstone tickets on 16:37 - Nov 3 by Leadbelly

I have a season ticket but work in London. I don't have time to go the ticket office and nor do I fancy hanging on the 'phone for ages so thanks again for the tip.

I suspect Wealdstone know very well that a proportion of the tickets they sell will be to Us fans but I applaud their decision to not segregate and to not ramp up prices to ridiculous levels. I'm sure they just want a full house. Let's hope everyone attending appreciates what the home club has done, behaves themselves and has a great day out, regardless of the result.

The Wealdstone fans are most unhappy, and concerned, about the decision not to segregate.
Wealdstone tickets on 21:34 - Nov 3 with 2308 viewsBarsidepete

Wealdstone tickets on 17:44 - Nov 3 by lofty

The Wealdstone fans are most unhappy, and concerned, about the decision not to segregate.

I love football. There is a certain different level of support I see when I fly over to see the U's. But as passionate as US of A fans are about their sports, why is it we don't have to be separated? You don't expect a riot at the end of a game, no matter who wins.

Is this a cultural anomaly? I don't get it. One reason that "soccer" is not as popular here as it could be is because football gives the game a bad name here and the US media highlights that, a few knobs that are desperate for attention. I'm sure most of us would love if NFL, basketball, hockey or baseball games lasted only 2 hours.

We have bbq tailgates; fans mingle; there is good-natured stick before, during "periods" of breaks, between innings, halftime, when we search for food, pints, Bovril, whatever, you don't have to over-think what pub or watering hole you visit before or after a game. You win. Happy. You lose, you tip your cap.

Hey Wealdstone, U's fans are nice. Start a trend. There is no chance trouble awaits. Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 21:46]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Wealdstone tickets on 22:31 - Nov 3 with 2292 viewsLeadbelly

Wealdstone tickets on 21:34 - Nov 3 by Barsidepete

I love football. There is a certain different level of support I see when I fly over to see the U's. But as passionate as US of A fans are about their sports, why is it we don't have to be separated? You don't expect a riot at the end of a game, no matter who wins.

Is this a cultural anomaly? I don't get it. One reason that "soccer" is not as popular here as it could be is because football gives the game a bad name here and the US media highlights that, a few knobs that are desperate for attention. I'm sure most of us would love if NFL, basketball, hockey or baseball games lasted only 2 hours.

We have bbq tailgates; fans mingle; there is good-natured stick before, during "periods" of breaks, between innings, halftime, when we search for food, pints, Bovril, whatever, you don't have to over-think what pub or watering hole you visit before or after a game. You win. Happy. You lose, you tip your cap.

Hey Wealdstone, U's fans are nice. Start a trend. There is no chance trouble awaits. Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 21:46]

Whilst violence associated with football is more common in Europe and South America than in major US sports let's not pretend it doesn't happen.

I seem to recall at least one fan killed in 49ers/Raiders clashes and when I went to see the Calgary Flames a few years back everyone was talking about the trouble at the previous home game against Edmonton Oilers. Numerous fights inside the arena and around 20 arrested. Apparently this level of aggro is not uncommon between these two.

Wealdstone tickets on 23:04 - Nov 3 with 2268 viewsBarsidepete

Wealdstone tickets on 22:31 - Nov 3 by Leadbelly

Whilst violence associated with football is more common in Europe and South America than in major US sports let's not pretend it doesn't happen.

I seem to recall at least one fan killed in 49ers/Raiders clashes and when I went to see the Calgary Flames a few years back everyone was talking about the trouble at the previous home game against Edmonton Oilers. Numerous fights inside the arena and around 20 arrested. Apparently this level of aggro is not uncommon between these two.

Canadian ice hockey fans are a little nuts.

My Washington Capitals are playing at the New York Rangers tonight. Not a good mix. When a sport "allows" fights on the ice, that's a questionable mix. NY doesn't like DC and vice versa.

To your point, when the Washington Redskins play at the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL, you probably don't want to attend up the road. Some nasty things have happened to Skins fans in Philly, northeasterly.

Like what might happen when ColU play at Ipswich. Or Canaries play at Portman. Happy and I had to be "herded" out when Canaries destroyed the tractor boys a few years ago. Had never experienced something like that in my life.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Wealdstone tickets on 19:06 - Nov 4 with 2176 viewsCol_U_Chris

Our allocation now sold out and no more online sales, what a cock up from start to finish!

http://wealdstone-fc.com/2015/posts/emirates-fa-cup-1st-rd-stones-v-us-crowd-man
Wealdstone tickets on 20:12 - Nov 4 with 2153 viewsLeadbelly

Wealdstone tickets on 19:06 - Nov 4 by Col_U_Chris

Our allocation now sold out and no more online sales, what a cock up from start to finish!

http://wealdstone-fc.com/2015/posts/emirates-fa-cup-1st-rd-stones-v-us-crowd-man

If the game isn't sold it will be rather embarrassing.

Wealdstone tickets on 21:03 - Nov 4 with 2137 viewsComeonwealdstone

Wealdstone tickets on 20:12 - Nov 4 by Leadbelly

If the game isn't sold it will be rather embarrassing.

Apologies for the way our club has dealt with this. Our Board are genuine guys with the club at heart, but they do have a habit of making some illogical decisions from time to time. Given that you could possibly bring 800 to this game, and that our maximum home support (in the past) is probably around 1500 (including part timers, locals etc), then the game could easily sell out on the day. Your fans have a good reputation so we welcome you to our abode. Of course it only take a handful of idiots to spoil it for everyone and that is why there has been a concern on the Wealdstone forum. Cup games such as this can often draw in 'casuals' from the local pubs or from the visiting team who are intent on having their fun. However, the virtual segregation should at least ensure that 99% of fans will end up in the right part of the ground.

The previous two 'big' games we have hosted passed off without any real problems. Bar some hand bags caused by pathetic stewarding, and a mass pitch invasion (in the right spirit) by Newport fans at the end of the game there was nothing of which you could consider major disorder.

Look forward to seeing you there on Saturday.
Wealdstone tickets on 22:46 - Nov 4 with 2086 viewswessex_exile

Wealdstone tickets on 21:03 - Nov 4 by Comeonwealdstone

Apologies for the way our club has dealt with this. Our Board are genuine guys with the club at heart, but they do have a habit of making some illogical decisions from time to time. Given that you could possibly bring 800 to this game, and that our maximum home support (in the past) is probably around 1500 (including part timers, locals etc), then the game could easily sell out on the day. Your fans have a good reputation so we welcome you to our abode. Of course it only take a handful of idiots to spoil it for everyone and that is why there has been a concern on the Wealdstone forum. Cup games such as this can often draw in 'casuals' from the local pubs or from the visiting team who are intent on having their fun. However, the virtual segregation should at least ensure that 99% of fans will end up in the right part of the ground.

The previous two 'big' games we have hosted passed off without any real problems. Bar some hand bags caused by pathetic stewarding, and a mass pitch invasion (in the right spirit) by Newport fans at the end of the game there was nothing of which you could consider major disorder.

Look forward to seeing you there on Saturday.

No need to apologise CoW, I have no doubt your Board have made decisions with good intentions and the interests of Wealdstone FC at heart.

Whether it was intentional or not, the furore (mostly from your side) surrounding segregation and/or swapping ends I suspect has ramped up interest in the game and probably guaranteed a sell-out. The naivety has been in looking at our average away support for most games of about 250 and assuming that's all who will turn up.

London-based matches almost always attract 600+, and in the FA Cup, a new ground for most, and I wouldn't have been surprised to see 800+ roll up. Shutting off online sales, and the potential uncertainty of a fruitless trip to try and pay on the day (if there are any tickets left from the 2.5k capacity) may reduce the travelling support, but if too many still turn up hoping to get in, only to find turnstiles closed, that more than anything is a recipe for trouble.

Let's hope not, let's hope you chaps do very well financially out of the fixture, with no fuss or bother, and leave us to worry about who we draw in the 2nd round - please do come back and laugh at me though if we end up providing our almost traditional "Christmas Shopping Saturday" for the WAGs.

Up the U's

Wealdstone tickets on 23:25 - Nov 4 with 2069 viewsnoah4x4

Sadly, one or more U's fans were ejected at both Shrewsbury and at Doncaster (I witnessed the same person causing trouble at both). At Donny a young female U's fan was horribly verbally abused and a U's fan that went to her aid was head-butted. Not sure what eventually happened to the culprit, but stewards did remove him.

Stewards later said the latter incident was caught on CCTV. So it wouldn't surprise me if this has provoked concern at Wealdstone after inevitable police liasion. We hence may have had our good reputation as fans marred by one stupid drunken idiot, and hence these ticketing difficulties arising as a result.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 23:27]
Wealdstone tickets on 11:35 - Nov 5 with 2008 viewsComeonwealdstone

Wealdstone tickets on 23:25 - Nov 4 by noah4x4

Sadly, one or more U's fans were ejected at both Shrewsbury and at Doncaster (I witnessed the same person causing trouble at both). At Donny a young female U's fan was horribly verbally abused and a U's fan that went to her aid was head-butted. Not sure what eventually happened to the culprit, but stewards did remove him.

Stewards later said the latter incident was caught on CCTV. So it wouldn't surprise me if this has provoked concern at Wealdstone after inevitable police liasion. We hence may have had our good reputation as fans marred by one stupid drunken idiot, and hence these ticketing difficulties arising as a result.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 23:27]

We're no total angels at Wealdstone either. There's been a few incidents down the years similar to what you described below. If there's a few isolated incidents in the ground and a few ejected I don't think anyone at Wealdstone will lose any sleep at all. Like your own fans though, we're generally seen as a very fair and decent bunch. In fact most bigger non league sides rave about us.
Wealdstone tickets on 13:12 - Nov 5 with 1990 viewsnoah4x4

It has now been confirmed in the Gazette that a 17 year old boy was arrested at Doncaster; the only arrest of a U's fan this season; although a number of banning orders were issued in July after a pitch invasion at Fleetwood.

We are well behaved fans when home or away, but there is inevitably the odd teenage idiot. Under age drinking always seems to play a part. Supermarket alcohol must take the blame, as I can't see any landlords risking their licences when none of these clowns appear to need a razor.

Whether this has influenced Wealdstone is speculation, but it can't assist. Hope the U's set an example and ban this bad egg home and away.
Wealdstone tickets on 14:13 - Nov 5 with 1976 viewsTheOldOakTree

Wealdstone tickets on 13:12 - Nov 5 by noah4x4

It has now been confirmed in the Gazette that a 17 year old boy was arrested at Doncaster; the only arrest of a U's fan this season; although a number of banning orders were issued in July after a pitch invasion at Fleetwood.

We are well behaved fans when home or away, but there is inevitably the odd teenage idiot. Under age drinking always seems to play a part. Supermarket alcohol must take the blame, as I can't see any landlords risking their licences when none of these clowns appear to need a razor.

Whether this has influenced Wealdstone is speculation, but it can't assist. Hope the U's set an example and ban this bad egg home and away.

Ban him!!! We don't have many fans as it is, we can't afford to lose anymore.

It's almost certainly Humes that's driven the lad to drink! The club should apologise to the poor soul and send him on an alcohol awareness course.

As for Saturday,.... pitch not to our standards, injuries, other team not playing our way, poor ref, changing rooms a bit chilly, an 'R' in the month, players not doing what the messiah says, ley lines not aligned with Colchester,...
...all total bollox. There are NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!

We have a huge squad all of whom should be fitter and more skilful than any Wealdstone player, we have had all week to prepare for whatever we come up against. Anything less than a comfortable win by at least three goals will be unacceptable.

I hope Wealdstone have a great day, make a few quid and keep it tight for 80 mins then have the common decency to roll over. We do not deserve another Cup humiliation.

We want a team prepared for Leamington not Bedlington!!!!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 14:18]
Wealdstone tickets on 14:16 - Nov 5 with 1974 viewsdurham_exile

Wealdstone tickets on 14:13 - Nov 5 by TheOldOakTree

Ban him!!! We don't have many fans as it is, we can't afford to lose anymore.

It's almost certainly Humes that's driven the lad to drink! The club should apologise to the poor soul and send him on an alcohol awareness course.

As for Saturday,.... pitch not to our standards, injuries, other team not playing our way, poor ref, changing rooms a bit chilly, an 'R' in the month, players not doing what the messiah says, ley lines not aligned with Colchester,...
...all total bollox. There are NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!

We have a huge squad all of whom should be fitter and more skilful than any Wealdstone player, we have had all week to prepare for whatever we come up against. Anything less than a comfortable win by at least three goals will be unacceptable.

I hope Wealdstone have a great day, make a few quid and keep it tight for 80 mins then have the common decency to roll over. We do not deserve another Cup humiliation.

We want a team prepared for Leamington not Bedlington!!!!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 14:18]

TOOT absolutely outstanding post.

Simply no excuses - Raider or no Raider!

Up the U's

Humes Out

Durham_exile

Wealdstone tickets on 19:31 - Nov 5 with 1910 viewsnoah4x4

You can't be serious; welcoming drunken hooligan clowns?

You also can't be serious expecting a U's defeat? With Harriott and Jones cleared to play, I now can't see any result other than a comfortable U's win. Pro-Fitness alone should allow us to dominate. It might take a while to break them down, but I would be surprised if we don't win by three clear goals.
Wealdstone tickets on 04:34 - Nov 6 with 1842 viewswessex_exile

Wealdstone tickets on 19:31 - Nov 5 by noah4x4

You also can't be serious expecting a U's defeat? With Harriott and Jones cleared to play, I now can't see any result other than a comfortable U's win. Pro-Fitness alone should allow us to dominate. It might take a while to break them down, but I would be surprised if we don't win by three clear goals.

Think that was TOOT's tongue firmly in cheek Noah.

I see there's a fitness doubt for Jones. If he's rested as a result, you all realise that'll likely be Parish in goal? Suddenly snatching a late equaliser and holding on grimly for a replay looks less unappealing :-)

Up the U's

Wealdstone tickets on 13:28 - Nov 6 with 1794 viewsTheOldOakTree

Wealdstone tickets on 19:31 - Nov 5 by noah4x4

No, I was joking about the drunken scroat, I remember being embarrassed and angry when some clown ran on the pitch at Poorman Road in our Championship years.

If the manager and team are as certain as you are, that Saturday is already won, then yes I expect another humiliation.

I don't know if you were in town in 1998, when we went to Beddlington Terriers in the first round (who I believe were in the ninth tier of English football). We thought it was a formality, but we were lucky to lose only 4-1 and we had some good players then. i.e. the former £1.9M Jason Dozzell running midfield.

If on the other hand the team turn up in the correct frame of mind, properly prepared and give Wealdstone the respect they deserve, then yes we should win easily.

As it looks like lower mid table obscurity is the best we are likely to get this year, then a good cup run is essential. We need a professional job with NO EXCUSES!
Wealdstone tickets on 13:56 - Nov 6 with 1785 viewsLeadbelly

Jones, Elokobi and Garvan all doubts for tomorrow. Two of those would be missed!

Wealdstone tickets on 14:12 - Nov 6 with 1780 viewsdurham_exile

Wealdstone tickets on 13:28 - Nov 6 by TheOldOakTree

No, I was joking about the drunken scroat, I remember being embarrassed and angry when some clown ran on the pitch at Poorman Road in our Championship years.

If the manager and team are as certain as you are, that Saturday is already won, then yes I expect another humiliation.

I don't know if you were in town in 1998, when we went to Beddlington Terriers in the first round (who I believe were in the ninth tier of English football). We thought it was a formality, but we were lucky to lose only 4-1 and we had some good players then. i.e. the former £1.9M Jason Dozzell running midfield.

If on the other hand the team turn up in the correct frame of mind, properly prepared and give Wealdstone the respect they deserve, then yes we should win easily.

As it looks like lower mid table obscurity is the best we are likely to get this year, then a good cup run is essential. We need a professional job with NO EXCUSES!

TOOT the pitch against Bedlington was simply appalling - the U's were shocking and 4-1 was a fair scoreline.

Over the years there have been some real horror results in the FA Cup - Dover, Wycombe, Yeovil, Bedlington and they tend to overshadow the Victories.

Wealdstone must be pit to the sword tomorrow. Regardless of personalities, the fitness of the professional footballer and better skill levels must tell in the end.

Up the U's

Humes Out

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024