Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! 17:11 - May 3 with 4504 viewsjohnnyboy53

Wow, it's just been announced that the U's are to name our new manager as quick as tomorrow!

Seems likely to be an internal appointment then?

I am a little surprised after David Wright said only last week that he was going to ponder the appointment over the summer! What the hell is going on at my beloved club?

Poll: Are we turning the corner?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:10 - May 4 with 1342 viewsthrillseeker

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:46 - May 4 by burnsieespana

Thrillseeker I am sorry, but just don't get this anti Ipswich attitude. Yes we have had some good ones from them plus some not so good but surely that is the case for every signing? We don't know for sure what we will get until they play for us over a season as often flatter to deceive when first with us. I recall when Brown was signed a lot thought he was "over the hill" but he found a new lease of life with us and hells bells we even made money out of him!
He says he wants a few new faces and just maybe he might have some decent contacts. When Parky came in many of us thought "who the hell is he" and just maybe, given support John Mc might just turn out to be good for us. If we don't support him he will like Dunne, Humes, etc wither on the vine.
You talk about rivalry but Big Sam might just save Sunderland who looked down and out when he came in. He was at Newcastle before and I bet you, not many black cats fans will condemn him if he does!
Anyway, my rant over and all I want is a period of stability for the club I have supported for 60 years.

I did say my hatred of Ipshit was WEIRD. I won't even go there for shopping or a night out etc.

I was told from a very young age to dislike Ipshit, not by my parents, but the older kids I grew up with whilst playing football and then through school there was an undercurrent of dislike of Ipshit and it has stuck ever since. It also annoyed me watching hundreds from Colchester get on train for their home games.

There have been some very good CUFC players with Ipshit connections that I really admired and had to admit were good even if through gritted teeth

It is weird and at 45 years old you would have thought I would have grown out of this weird dislike/ grudge but alas I haven't.

I am concerned about the current situation with CUFC and I really hope McGreal rams my dislike of Ipshit down my throat as that will mean he is a success. Stability is key for me also

I am looking forward to a real positive 2016/17 season

We all want the same - to support CUFC and (hopefully) be successful
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:59 - May 4 with 1292 viewsmfb_cufc

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! (n/t) on 11:49 - May 4 by TheOldOakTree

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:51]

Brilliantly put.

mfb

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 09:16 - May 5 with 1254 viewsColukev

John McGreals blue and white army!

Having listened to interview on BBC. He came across really well. As always a new manager will get my backing initially. This one however, has filled me with more optimism than any other of the internal appointments.

Seems he is highly rated and has sensibly turned down previous opportunities as he didn't feel he was ready. Kudo's to that man.

Bring on league 2.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 13:17 - May 5 with 1215 viewsLeadbelly

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 09:16 - May 5 by Colukev

John McGreals blue and white army!

Having listened to interview on BBC. He came across really well. As always a new manager will get my backing initially. This one however, has filled me with more optimism than any other of the internal appointments.

Seems he is highly rated and has sensibly turned down previous opportunities as he didn't feel he was ready. Kudo's to that man.

Bring on league 2.

Everyone talks a good game before they actually do anything. Proof of the pudding etc.

I hope he does brilliantly but I think he has a very difficult job ahead.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:56 - May 5 with 1164 viewsdurham_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:10 - May 4 by thrillseeker

I did say my hatred of Ipshit was WEIRD. I won't even go there for shopping or a night out etc.

I was told from a very young age to dislike Ipshit, not by my parents, but the older kids I grew up with whilst playing football and then through school there was an undercurrent of dislike of Ipshit and it has stuck ever since. It also annoyed me watching hundreds from Colchester get on train for their home games.

There have been some very good CUFC players with Ipshit connections that I really admired and had to admit were good even if through gritted teeth

It is weird and at 45 years old you would have thought I would have grown out of this weird dislike/ grudge but alas I haven't.

I am concerned about the current situation with CUFC and I really hope McGreal rams my dislike of Ipshit down my throat as that will mean he is a success. Stability is key for me also

I am looking forward to a real positive 2016/17 season

We all want the same - to support CUFC and (hopefully) be successful

Thrillseeker - a friend of mine, who is an ardent Black Cats supporter loathes the Magpies with a passion, he never shops north of the Tyne Bridge and has never been to the Metro Centre in Gateshead and he is in his 60's.

I would humbly suggest that your "weird" hatred of Piswich is something that is apparent throughout the country where likes and dislikes of teams are more common place than you might think.

Like you I despair about our current plight and hope that 2016/17 will be a more positive season, it certainly cannot be worse can it?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:11 - May 5 with 1157 viewspwrightsknees

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 18:56 - May 5 by durham_exile

Thrillseeker - a friend of mine, who is an ardent Black Cats supporter loathes the Magpies with a passion, he never shops north of the Tyne Bridge and has never been to the Metro Centre in Gateshead and he is in his 60's.

I would humbly suggest that your "weird" hatred of Piswich is something that is apparent throughout the country where likes and dislikes of teams are more common place than you might think.

Like you I despair about our current plight and hope that 2016/17 will be a more positive season, it certainly cannot be worse can it?

Up the U's

Interesting comment, Durham.

I recall that Sugar Puffs put out a TV commercial using Kevin Keegan who was then Newcastle manager. Apparently, sales of Sugar Puffs in Sunderland dropped by 20% and the ad was withdrawn.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:18 - May 5 with 1145 viewsCol_U_Chris

Your not weird thrillseeker I feel the same way about that lot up the road and like you I wont go there for anything except when we play them and I am 18 years older than you! I am the eldest of 5 kids and we all feel the same way needless to say so do my kids!
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:33 - May 5 with 1136 viewsbwildered

Three standard questions to all Tractorboys in general conversation .
Which side has been in the Championship the longest now ?

How much money has the Chairman got ?

How many goals has Freddie got this season ?

Priceless, always makes me walk away with a laugh .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:42 - May 5 with 1135 viewsburnsieespana

Well I guess I am different as went to school in Ipswich. Travelled by train on which Ted Philips a real gents of football also travelled.
That was a lot of years ago and then the best paid job I ever had was based in Ipswich.
I have an Ipswich supporting friend who was shocked about how much Col U people hate them because his hate is Norwich!
Me my hate team is Southend.
Interesting thoughts people and I have been assured by 2 different people that JMc has a fantastic football brain so lets hope.......
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 20:12 - May 5 with 1123 viewspwrightsknees

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:42 - May 5 by burnsieespana

Well I guess I am different as went to school in Ipswich. Travelled by train on which Ted Philips a real gents of football also travelled.
That was a lot of years ago and then the best paid job I ever had was based in Ipswich.
I have an Ipswich supporting friend who was shocked about how much Col U people hate them because his hate is Norwich!
Me my hate team is Southend.
Interesting thoughts people and I have been assured by 2 different people that JMc has a fantastic football brain so lets hope.......

Sorry Burnsie. I worked in Ipswich, on and off, for 20 years, and lived there for 15. I hate the place, and not just the football team and their arrogant supporters. The family joke is that they expect me to get a nose-bleed every time we get near Copdock Interchange.
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 20:24 - May 5 with 1112 viewsLeadbelly

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:33 - May 5 by bwildered

Three standard questions to all Tractorboys in general conversation .
Which side has been in the Championship the longest now ?

How much money has the Chairman got ?

How many goals has Freddie got this season ?

Priceless, always makes me walk away with a laugh .

And "is there another town where the locals can count to six one the fingers of one hand?" (If they could count of course)

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 20:40 - May 5 with 1101 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 20:24 - May 5 by Leadbelly

And "is there another town where the locals can count to six one the fingers of one hand?" (If they could count of course)

Ipswich, and your Leeds by the way, have histories in books and films.

Just because Ipswich have blokes who drive tractors with six fingers is not a reason to hate on em.

Christchurch mansion and Mannings (1689) are fun to visit. Excellent ice cream stand at Christchurch, and at Mannings in the square, solidly good crisps, mushrooms and a nice selection of wines.

Museum Street Cafe is amazing. A veggie place, but totally worth it. You need to get there at 11:45. You get a pitcher of water then finally get some food at around 12:15.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:35 - May 5 with 1077 viewsLeadbelly

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 20:40 - May 5 by Barsidepete

Ipswich, and your Leeds by the way, have histories in books and films.

Just because Ipswich have blokes who drive tractors with six fingers is not a reason to hate on em.

Christchurch mansion and Mannings (1689) are fun to visit. Excellent ice cream stand at Christchurch, and at Mannings in the square, solidly good crisps, mushrooms and a nice selection of wines.

Museum Street Cafe is amazing. A veggie place, but totally worth it. You need to get there at 11:45. You get a pitcher of water then finally get some food at around 12:15.

Is there a football team for which you don't have a soft spot?

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:58 - May 5 with 1060 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:35 - May 5 by Leadbelly

Is there a football team for which you don't have a soft spot?

I like Ipswich, so sue me. Wouldn't say I'm an Ipswich supporter by any means. I like the town, Enjoy some of my Christmas shopping there. I like Diss, Harwich, Stanway (where once I stayed 2 months on a trip over), Marks-Tey, London, even sort of Dagenham.

Newsflash. I always attend Colchester United games,.. except with Haps we attended ITFC v Norwich. I attended ITFC v M'Boro because that's the club my Banik Ostrava played eons ago -- Ostrava, where I was born in 1964.

Haps and I were going to attend Ippy v Derby County, but that fell through.

Our site king, Daniel, has taken me to ColU and Spurs. Haps is a Derby and Spurs follower. What is so confusing about this?

You're over-thinking this, Leeds.

Even your name says "Leeds Supporter." My name doesn't say IpswichPete. Thank you.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 22:06]

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:51 - May 5 with 1048 viewsLeadbelly

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 21:58 - May 5 by Barsidepete

I like Ipswich, so sue me. Wouldn't say I'm an Ipswich supporter by any means. I like the town, Enjoy some of my Christmas shopping there. I like Diss, Harwich, Stanway (where once I stayed 2 months on a trip over), Marks-Tey, London, even sort of Dagenham.

Newsflash. I always attend Colchester United games,.. except with Haps we attended ITFC v Norwich. I attended ITFC v M'Boro because that's the club my Banik Ostrava played eons ago -- Ostrava, where I was born in 1964.

Haps and I were going to attend Ippy v Derby County, but that fell through.

Our site king, Daniel, has taken me to ColU and Spurs. Haps is a Derby and Spurs follower. What is so confusing about this?

You're over-thinking this, Leeds.

Even your name says "Leeds Supporter." My name doesn't say IpswichPete. Thank you.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 22:06]

Huddie William Ledbetter, better known as Leadbelly, was an American folk and blues musician who died in 1949. I am a big fan of his music which is why use Leadbelly as my moniker on this site. It has nothing to do with Leeds Utd. If you think it does please enlighten me.

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 23:02 - May 5 with 942 viewsBarsidepete

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 22:51 - May 5 by Leadbelly

Huddie William Ledbetter, better known as Leadbelly, was an American folk and blues musician who died in 1949. I am a big fan of his music which is why use Leadbelly as my moniker on this site. It has nothing to do with Leeds Utd. If you think it does please enlighten me.

I always was under the impression it had to do with Leeds. Apologies, Lead 🐢

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 05:54 - May 9 with 839 viewsthrillseeker

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:18 - May 5 by Col_U_Chris

Your not weird thrillseeker I feel the same way about that lot up the road and like you I wont go there for anything except when we play them and I am 18 years older than you! I am the eldest of 5 kids and we all feel the same way needless to say so do my kids!

Nice to hear
New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 09:34 - May 9 with 812 viewswessex_exile

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 19:11 - May 5 by pwrightsknees

Interesting comment, Durham.

I recall that Sugar Puffs put out a TV commercial using Kevin Keegan who was then Newcastle manager. Apparently, sales of Sugar Puffs in Sunderland dropped by 20% and the ad was withdrawn.

I recall hearing once of a smallish supermarket chain branch (Safeway?) in Exeter, who had a mix of green and red shopping baskets stacked for customers to use, and the chaos caused by people casting the green ones to one side just so they could have a red one to use.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New manager to be named at 2pm tomorrow! on 09:59 - May 9 with 807 viewsLeadbelly

Nike, I believe, was the sponsor of ManUre when Cantona left Leeds Utd. You can imagine what happened in Leeds to billboards featuring our former favourite in a ManUre kit. Nike gave up on that campaign quite quickly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024