Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? 10:04 - Apr 19 with 595 viewsRSCOSWORTH

As we come to the end of the season and with the three automatic promotion places decided as well as one of the relegation spots I was wondering which teams have impressed you this season?

As mentioned on a different thread there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between the top and the bottom of the division and a lot of it comes down to confidence, belief and momentum. Also don't think there's a great deal of difference between the majority of League One, the top half of the National League and League Two either.

I haven't been to that many league games this season, just five and all at home, but by far the best team I've seen is Wimbledon.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 10:12 - Apr 19 with 587 viewsdurham_exile

Good question RS

The best team I've seen on my away trips was Accrington Stanley.

They battered us for 90 minutes couldn't manage to score and a wonder goal from Joe Taylor separated the two sides.

I wasn't impressed by Wrexham, Stockport or Mansfield and didn't think there was a cigarette paper between the U's and the automatically promoted teams. Perhaps that's sour grapes on my part but I don't really think so!

Most enjoyable game for me was the 3-2 win at Grimsby.

Notts County will be game 14 for me this season.

Up the U's
[Post edited 19 Apr 10:15]

Durham_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 10:36 - Apr 19 with 561 viewswessex_exile

Couldn't agree more Durham, in the games I've seen, none of the top three have particularly impressed me this season. It might seem churlish not to choose them, but even FGR's 5-0 battering of the U's was more about us falling apart than them being that good. If it counts, I'd have to say Hammers U21s?

In a season interrupted by train strikes and postponements, Notts County will be #9 for me - might make double figures if I choose to travel over for the Crewe game. Of those, most enjoyable was definitely Crawley (a), followed closely by Swindon (a) and the start of the Cowley revolution.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 13:47 - Apr 19 with 518 viewsdurham_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 10:36 - Apr 19 by wessex_exile

Couldn't agree more Durham, in the games I've seen, none of the top three have particularly impressed me this season. It might seem churlish not to choose them, but even FGR's 5-0 battering of the U's was more about us falling apart than them being that good. If it counts, I'd have to say Hammers U21s?

In a season interrupted by train strikes and postponements, Notts County will be #9 for me - might make double figures if I choose to travel over for the Crewe game. Of those, most enjoyable was definitely Crawley (a), followed closely by Swindon (a) and the start of the Cowley revolution.

Brilliant Wessex.

I watched the West Ham game on iFollow and they were sensational.

I will see you at Meadow Lane along with 1000 of the faithful for the celebration party.

Next season it will be the play off party.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 13:47 - Apr 19 with 518 viewsbwildered

The best Wimbledon and Stockport both likely to score and not concede.
Will turn this around, and the worst teams in the division. The U’s by a country mile, several times .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 14:13 - Apr 19 with 511 viewsTheOldOakTree

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 10:36 - Apr 19 by wessex_exile

County will be my 10th game (all away), which, even if I say it myself, isn't bad considering I have to set off with my passport. I've manged to group Tranmere, Crawley and County in one visit this time. Normally I would just see just a couple of games in a season, since departing the UK.

In my typical pessimistic outlook, I thought this could be the last season in the league, so I've made a special effort to tick off those of the 92 that I'd not visited.

Like Durham, I would say Accrington were very good, only for us to steal it with an individual piece of brilliance.

The U's at Grimsby was a pleasant evening (especially that daft bar below the stand, with the sofas etc - maximum respect to Grimsby for caring) , but Crawley was special, if only because it gave us hope.

As mentioned before, I get to watch all games live, including Saturdays, on ifollow. I feel sad for UK exiles and for Colchester based ST holders that can't get away every week. It's absolutely stupid that the easiest way to watch your team live every week is to move abroad.
[Post edited 19 Apr 14:59]
Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 19:55 - Apr 19 with 410 viewsWitham

Rather than best 2 teams, how about worst two away performances by us - Forest Green away and ?Crewe?
Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 409 viewsdurham_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 19:55 - Apr 19 by Witham

Rather than best 2 teams, how about worst two away performances by us - Forest Green away and ?Crewe?

Crewe Away, we would still not have scored if we were still playing tonight. Such profligacy in front of goal.

Crewe could yet miss out on the play offs after some recent poor performances.

FGR, I watched on iFollow, it was a disgrace. But in truth we lost it rather than FGR won it.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 20:20 - Apr 19 with 404 viewswessex_exile

Which League Two clubs have impressed you this season? on 20:02 - Apr 19 by durham_exile

Crewe Away, we would still not have scored if we were still playing tonight. Such profligacy in front of goal.

Crewe could yet miss out on the play offs after some recent poor performances.

FGR, I watched on iFollow, it was a disgrace. But in truth we lost it rather than FGR won it.

Up the U's

Without a doubt, of those I've seen in person, FGR by a long chalk followed by Crewe. The former was the first time in as long as I can remember I left before the final whistle, albeit it was only when they announced 9 more minutes of the torture, and me and Alfie had a lift waiting outside. Crewe I shared the misery with Durham, and he's not wrong, we could still be playing now and not have scored - it was that infuriating, and against a distinctly average Crewe too.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024