Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 13:40 - Apr 22 with 381 viewsTheOldOakTree

That's quite impressive.

Were His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs chasing him?
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 320 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I doubt it. Why would they chase a billionaire when they can chase Dave the plumber for fifty quid?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 18:18 - Apr 22 with 317 viewsburnsieespana

Friend of mine is 71 and for the last 5 years has run at least one marathon a year.
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 19:48 - Apr 22 with 296 viewsTheOldOakTree

Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 18:12 - Apr 22 by RSCOSWORTH

I doubt it. Why would they chase a billionaire when they can chase Dave the plumber for fifty quid?

Dave’s only got himself to blame, he should never have bought that flash twin cab. It was obvious someone would grass on him. Envy is a terrible thing.
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 20:00 - Apr 22 with 289 viewsTheOldOakTree

Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 18:18 - Apr 22 by burnsieespana

Friend of mine is 71 and for the last 5 years has run at least one marathon a year.

I’m not sure if I could run a total of 26 miles in a year!

My doctor told me I should run five miles a day for two weeks. I called him after two weeks and said, “Doc, I’m 70 miles from home what should I do now”!
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 21:03 - Apr 22 with 265 viewsnoah4x4

I ran my first marathon dressed as a tomato sauce bottle. Came last ,as I simply couldn’t ketchup. I’ve now completed around 1300, if we include Snickers…..

More seriously, as a teenager (around 50 years ago) I twice completed the Young Georgians 50 mile challenge. This event started in Kidderminster at 18-00 and circumnavigated the Worcestershire countryside main roads overnight with negligible stewarding, finishing in the early morning, although in my case my crossing the tape conveniently coincided with the pubs opening as we merely jogged. Can you imagine a few hundred runners/walkers attempting this overnight on modern roads? Back in those days, traffic was so light it simply wasn’t a hazard, but pathway brambles, dog poo and torrential rain certainly were. It would then take three days to recover. I reckon that today I would struggle to jog 50 yards, but will hop, skip and jump home if we get a point tomorrow.
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 21:16 - Apr 22 with 263 viewsBFG

There's actually a few regular runners among us .. Daniel, basher, (thrillseeker sometimes) and moi .. not sure we're 26 milers
Jim Ratcliffe ran the London Marathon aged 71 on 21:36 - Apr 22 with 252 viewsTheOldOakTree

I wanted to lose some pounds so I bought a treadmill.

........I gave it up after a few weeks, I was getting nowhere.

In Sweden they have an annual race across the entire country, west to east. It starts at the border with Norway and ends at the Finnish line.
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024