Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! 11:11 - Apr 23 with 3303 viewsTheOldOakTree

Gutted I can’t be there tonight, I'm pumped already. I hope it’s a big crowd, we need the old Layer Road spirit to intimidate Donny.

All together………….

Every Saturday we follow…… the boys in blue and white.
We say it every weekend….. don’t go out tonight.
We used to be the Barside…. but now we’re s##t S1.
We are Col United….. and we’re going to league 1
Allez, Allez, Allez……. Allez, Allez, Allez.

WE ARE COL UNITED AND WE’RE GOING TO LEAGUE 1
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:32 - Apr 23 with 1329 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:28 - Apr 23 by durham_exile

And unlucky not to convert then.

Come on the U's

Now 4-1 down

Just four goals in it now.

Just shocking second half capitulation.

Appalling

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:34 - Apr 23 with 1298 viewsCrashBandicoot

I can't take much more of this...

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:35 - Apr 23 with 1286 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:32 - Apr 23 by durham_exile

Just four goals in it now.

Just shocking second half capitulation.

Appalling

The worst second half of football I can remember in a long while.

Total capitulation.

Still in our own hands but we are running on empty.

Dreadful

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:36 - Apr 23 with 1276 viewsgerry_us

Interesting Saturday coming up.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:38 - Apr 23 with 1268 viewsburnsieespana

We are deeply in the shite now.
[Post edited 23 Apr 21:47]
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:39 - Apr 23 with 1253 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:35 - Apr 23 by durham_exile

The worst second half of football I can remember in a long while.

Total capitulation.

Still in our own hands but we are running on empty.

Dreadful

We are paying for missed penalties, goalkeeping errors and taking Saturday into account poor second half performances.

Tonight though has been woeful.

Individual errors.

Anyway enough of this.

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:43 - Apr 23 with 1224 viewsCrashBandicoot

I feel like throwing up after that match.

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:48 - Apr 23 with 1176 viewsTheOldOakTree

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:39 - Apr 23 by durham_exile

We are paying for missed penalties, goalkeeping errors and taking Saturday into account poor second half performances.

Tonight though has been woeful.

Individual errors.

Anyway enough of this.

MK Dons have nothing to play for and will rest players and pull out of tackles. Whereas Crewe need points and preferably a win to secure home advantage.

Looks like a Pavarotti on the U’s at 40/1 would have been a good shout. Not that I would ever bet against Col U.
[Post edited 23 Apr 21:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:50 - Apr 23 with 1160 viewsLeadbelly

Great result for Sutton. They now have a chance and will no doubt go all out at MK. We,on the other hand, will probably be sh1tting ourselves against Crewe who could do with a win to ensure a play off place.

Saturday will be emotional, one way or the other.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 22:27 - Apr 23 with 1007 viewsbwildered

Two teams on the pitch tonight , one totally competent the other incompetent especially in the final fifteen minutes.
No excuses Saturday.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 22:58 - Apr 23 with 951 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 22:27 - Apr 23 by bwildered

Two teams on the pitch tonight , one totally competent the other incompetent especially in the final fifteen minutes.
No excuses Saturday.

Yet another season where it is decided on the final match.

We need another Carlisle, Brentford or Preston NE performance on Saturday.

The players are absolutely out on their feet and will need lifting for the Crewe game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 23:18 - Apr 23 with 931 viewsfranksic1988

I’ve never know any manager / management team get cut as much slack as this ever. The players are below standard. But so are the chuckle brothers. No Wilkinson up front who should be fresh as a daisy, brings on Brad for 10 mins. Lets their number 7 just Rome around with half the pitch to his self. While super Noah saunters about like he doing is a favour being there. Supposedly pressing from the front we are a tired team. Why no Richardson then why no Kelleher. The list of co*k ups tonight by everyone involved resembled a non league team. We have a set piece coach and we look like 10 year olds in the garden. The players haven’t been up to standard but neither have DC and NC. If they stay nothing will change.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 23:32 - Apr 23 with 917 viewsnoah4x4

Should be easy to change last year’s banner from Cowling out to Cowley out….
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 00:21 - Apr 24 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 23:32 - Apr 23 by noah4x4

Should be easy to change last year’s banner from Cowling out to Cowley out….

The appalling pitch fiasco has cost us dear.

Three games a week has proven too much.

The pitch on Saturday at County was superb and this is what the JCS must be like.

No excuses on Saturday

DC said he would use the 24 players but it has been the same tired XI.

Cooper was recalled and not used again.
Brad needs 45 mins, Wilkinson has been wasted.

Chilvers is still adding value.

Read is playing injured.

McGeehan cannot do it all alone.

We are missing Tovide and Dallison after their foolishness.

We simply must turn up against Crewe.

Once again a bright start and then 70 minutes of dross.

Doncaster may well be challenging for the play offs but we gifted them three goals.

Not even the top three sides scored four against us.

No more excuses, Saturday is the final opportunity to retain our EFL place.

90 minutes to turn things around.

These are grim times indeed.

Yes we can do it but no more excuses and play the strongest XI.

Will the real Colchester United please stand up.

Come on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 07:46 - Apr 24 with 716 viewsfranksic1988

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 00:21 - Apr 24 by durham_exile

The appalling pitch fiasco has cost us dear.

Three games a week has proven too much.

The pitch on Saturday at County was superb and this is what the JCS must be like.

No excuses on Saturday

DC said he would use the 24 players but it has been the same tired XI.

Cooper was recalled and not used again.
Brad needs 45 mins, Wilkinson has been wasted.

Chilvers is still adding value.

Read is playing injured.

McGeehan cannot do it all alone.

We are missing Tovide and Dallison after their foolishness.

We simply must turn up against Crewe.

Once again a bright start and then 70 minutes of dross.

Doncaster may well be challenging for the play offs but we gifted them three goals.

Not even the top three sides scored four against us.

No more excuses, Saturday is the final opportunity to retain our EFL place.

90 minutes to turn things around.

These are grim times indeed.

Yes we can do it but no more excuses and play the strongest XI.

Will the real Colchester United please stand up.

Come on.

Up the U's

There was some very worrying points in that game for the lack of knowledge shown by the management. Doncaster number 7 had a whole postcode to his self. He was pulling Ellis about all over the gaff. Noah just refused to acknowledge him. The guy in the first half was literally in front of DC eyes and he was oblivious to him. What has Wilkinson done to him spat in his coffee or something. The guy can’t get a game for love nor money. When we have tired legs why not give someone fresh a game. We do not after 17/18 games have a scooby who is the best 11. It’s just a mess a massive lash up. We playing diff guys diff formations. It’s league 2…. Just play your strongest 11 players available….. I mean how much money are we waisting as a club on 3 coaches ( a designated set play coach ) I mean 10 year olds defend better. We don’t need to look at stats on a iPad. We need players that play football and manager that knows what he is doing.

DC is constantly shouting from the sidelines… every second of the game…. No one is even listening to him now. I’ve sat behind him since the day he has been there. You can see the players do not even listen now. They hardly acknowledge him now.

No blame can be piled onto RC on this one. He got them in January he got them 4/5 signings of their choice. Which DC on interviews has thanked him for. 4 signings and 15 + games… the tone is set… not all of our players are sub standard either. Let’s not get fooled by that.

National league is DC level. If we go down keep him. If not and we stay up let him go and try fine someone that knows what they’re doing. Robbie has never backed anyone like these in years… let’s hope he hasn’t been scared off by backing the next manager.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 08:14 - Apr 24 with 690 viewsCrashBandicoot

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 07:46 - Apr 24 by franksic1988

There was some very worrying points in that game for the lack of knowledge shown by the management. Doncaster number 7 had a whole postcode to his self. He was pulling Ellis about all over the gaff. Noah just refused to acknowledge him. The guy in the first half was literally in front of DC eyes and he was oblivious to him. What has Wilkinson done to him spat in his coffee or something. The guy can’t get a game for love nor money. When we have tired legs why not give someone fresh a game. We do not after 17/18 games have a scooby who is the best 11. It’s just a mess a massive lash up. We playing diff guys diff formations. It’s league 2…. Just play your strongest 11 players available….. I mean how much money are we waisting as a club on 3 coaches ( a designated set play coach ) I mean 10 year olds defend better. We don’t need to look at stats on a iPad. We need players that play football and manager that knows what he is doing.

DC is constantly shouting from the sidelines… every second of the game…. No one is even listening to him now. I’ve sat behind him since the day he has been there. You can see the players do not even listen now. They hardly acknowledge him now.

No blame can be piled onto RC on this one. He got them in January he got them 4/5 signings of their choice. Which DC on interviews has thanked him for. 4 signings and 15 + games… the tone is set… not all of our players are sub standard either. Let’s not get fooled by that.

National league is DC level. If we go down keep him. If not and we stay up let him go and try fine someone that knows what they’re doing. Robbie has never backed anyone like these in years… let’s hope he hasn’t been scared off by backing the next manager.

He should have also brought in a much better striker to replace Joe Taylor and loaned one or 2 more of our youngsters who were no more than fringe players out out but that never happened.

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 08:15 - Apr 24 with 690 viewsthrillseeker

It was best I did comment last night as needed to calm down.

1st goal - big deflection

2nd goal - weak defending

3rd goal - bad GK error but let's look at events prior. DRFC have a free kick and 2 of their players are unmarked for a free effort on goal.

4th goal - sums up our luck. GK makes a good save but rebound from post bounces straight to their attacker

I feel the Cowley's are getting away with a lot as some of their starting XI's, formations and lack of substitutions are bizarre.

The Cowley's appear scared to drop/ sub certain players irrespective of how poor/ ineffective they are.

Tactical - let's put Kelleher on when 4-1 down.

The calls for Ihionvien and Cooper are laughable - sorry Durham. Ihionvien is no where near ready and Cooper is just not good enough. But what this does show is the squad needs a complete overhaul

The big mystery is why Matt Jay has not been given an opportunity by 3 managers this season - something has gone on here.

I am now worried for first time this season we will be relegated this season.

We are United and this is the time we definitely need to be United.

Let's do it Saturday
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:21]
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 09:53 - Apr 24 with 614 viewsfranksic1988

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 08:14 - Apr 24 by CrashBandicoot

He should have also brought in a much better striker to replace Joe Taylor and loaned one or 2 more of our youngsters who were no more than fringe players out out but that never happened.

Yes I totally agree. The whole things a mess and was shown up yesterday. Yes we have poor players .. but not all of them. Also he did make 4/5 signings which he has stated were the ones he wanted. DC has been given far to many free hits.. we have no pattern of play we do not have a identity partly down to the fact we don’t keep the same shape and team for more than 75 mins per week. They’re over complicating games and instructions. Just find the best 11 in the best formation and play football. Let’s try and make Colchester a better footballing team. Then the let others worry about us. Everyone apart from Robbie on this appointment has got to stand up and say we haven’t come to party…. DC had the pedigree, had the backing in January, somehow still has the support of the fans, the players not all but a few are clearly not that standard.. The club seemed lost last night. We have pinned our hope on DC since January but it’s just not happening. He is and will not save our club. They need to freshen up the squad and get a proven guy in that can get us mid table and stabilise for a season or two.

We don’t want a wordsmith is charge with more gadgets than curry’s and more coaches than national express….. please can we just have a team and manager that knows what they’re doing, who they’re signing, who they’re playing and how they’re playing. League 2 is bread and butter football. No thrills no spills just a hard long season. Hands up we go sold a dummy in DC Move on be done with it. Let’s not drag it out till Xmas next year.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 12:03 - Apr 24 with 551 viewsColukev

You've all lost the plot.

DC will get us at the other end of the table next season....if we stay up!

Thought Chilvers had a great game, not many others tried carrying the team forward. Couple of great balls into the box.

Can't understand why Fevs isn't getting as much stick. How many missed opportunities to get the ball in. What's the point in having big John and Hops if we aren't supplying crosses.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 541 viewsBLACKCAT

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 09:53 - Apr 24 by franksic1988

Yes I totally agree. The whole things a mess and was shown up yesterday. Yes we have poor players .. but not all of them. Also he did make 4/5 signings which he has stated were the ones he wanted. DC has been given far to many free hits.. we have no pattern of play we do not have a identity partly down to the fact we don’t keep the same shape and team for more than 75 mins per week. They’re over complicating games and instructions. Just find the best 11 in the best formation and play football. Let’s try and make Colchester a better footballing team. Then the let others worry about us. Everyone apart from Robbie on this appointment has got to stand up and say we haven’t come to party…. DC had the pedigree, had the backing in January, somehow still has the support of the fans, the players not all but a few are clearly not that standard.. The club seemed lost last night. We have pinned our hope on DC since January but it’s just not happening. He is and will not save our club. They need to freshen up the squad and get a proven guy in that can get us mid table and stabilise for a season or two.

We don’t want a wordsmith is charge with more gadgets than curry’s and more coaches than national express….. please can we just have a team and manager that knows what they’re doing, who they’re signing, who they’re playing and how they’re playing. League 2 is bread and butter football. No thrills no spills just a hard long season. Hands up we go sold a dummy in DC Move on be done with it. Let’s not drag it out till Xmas next year.

I don't think anyone can argue other than the results since the Cowleys arrived have been very disappointing. I expected Colchester United to be well clear of the lower depths by now and I've paid a heavy price for that expectation.

However, unlike you, I still have great faith in the brothers. I expect The U's to survive this weekend and come Christmas to be in a promotion race. One thing I'm always wary of is a manager's shelf-life. With the exception of Alex Ferguson I can't think of any manager who didn't eventually lose his touch, unless he got out early enough. Perhaps the Cowleys who were so successful at Braintree and Lincoln are not quite as able now; but I don't think so.

I believe the appointment of the Cowleys is the best since Parkinson and in time that will become clear.

For now, Up The U's and success against Crewe.
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 13:36 - Apr 24 with 476 viewsfranksic1988

What ever your on its defo the good stuff…. That all I’m going to say!!! Over and out
Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 465 viewsdurham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 13:36 - Apr 24 by franksic1988

What ever your on its defo the good stuff…. That all I’m going to say!!! Over and out

It's all about survival on Saturday.

Time for a decent victory in front of the cameras.

Up the U's
[Post edited 24 Apr 15:59]

Durham_exile

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 14:47 - Apr 24 with 440 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 13:36 - Apr 24 by franksic1988

Maybe you should get some. The most negative poster we've had on here in years. I really hope it is but I doubt it will be and I'm sure you'll continue to post the same stuff you've posted about 20 times previously.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 435 viewsmfb_cufc

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 21:48 - Apr 23 by TheOldOakTree

MK Dons have nothing to play for and will rest players and pull out of tackles. Whereas Crewe need points and preferably a win to secure home advantage.

Looks like a Pavarotti on the U’s at 40/1 would have been a good shout. Not that I would ever bet against Col U.
[Post edited 23 Apr 21:48]

We are still a very generous 25/1 to be relegated. With us and Crewe both only needing a draw, backing a bore draw at 7/1 could be interesting.

mfb

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 18:29 - Apr 24 with 337 viewsburnsieespana

Just one point, that’s all we ask!!!!!! on 14:54 - Apr 24 by mfb_cufc

We are still a very generous 25/1 to be relegated. With us and Crewe both only needing a draw, backing a bore draw at 7/1 could be interesting.

Think I may have a bit on both those as can see us getting a draw at the very least so won't depend on what happens with Sutton.
Was impressed by both DC's and Tom H's recent interviews.
Come on Colchester you can do what is needed on Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024