Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Final (Season ) Countdown . 09:54 - Apr 24 with 849 viewsbwildered

U’s v Crewe - all board .

Lose and stay up . Both us and Sutton lose . Now that will be ironic.
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:56]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 10:09 - Apr 24 with 825 viewsthrillseeker

I predict a draw but it is going to be a nervous 90 (100) minutes

Ticket sales looks decent so far - hopefully by Saturday 6000+
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:29 - Apr 24 with 778 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Finishing 22nd in this division should be no cause for celebration - my brief to the Cowley brothers for next season would be a play off place as a very minimum target, anything less and l don't expect Danny and Nicky would want to hang around.

They must still have ambition and l doubt Division 2 mid table nothingness would be on their agenda.

There have been some xxxxxxx awful recruitment decisions made by people who earn their living in this profession over the past few seasons!

Signing loan players who have a history of injuries - or incredibly, have arrived at the club carrying an injury from their parent clubs seems inconceivable to me and Ben Garner was honest enough to acknowledge this.

Colchester United appear to have individuals on the payroll who have cost the club far more than their over generous salaries.

The running costs of the club are astronomical and the investment has not been replicated on the field.

Four years of this is four years too long.
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 727 viewsBlue4U2

Selected to be shown live on Sky sports apparently...

Share the agony !!
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:32 - Apr 24 with 725 viewswessex_exile

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 10:09 - Apr 24 by thrillseeker

I predict a draw but it is going to be a nervous 90 (100) minutes

Ticket sales looks decent so far - hopefully by Saturday 6000+

Being the fair weather fan that I am, if we were safe I was going to spare myself a fourth Saturday on the trot travelling to support the U's, but we f'cked that up last night, so ticket in the South Stand now purchased. I'm now covering a cardboard cut-out trophy in tin foil to be ready for the "yay - there are two teams worse than us" celebrations.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:40 - Apr 24 with 717 viewsfranksic1988

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:29 - Apr 24 by SparkfilmsTV

Finishing 22nd in this division should be no cause for celebration - my brief to the Cowley brothers for next season would be a play off place as a very minimum target, anything less and l don't expect Danny and Nicky would want to hang around.

They must still have ambition and l doubt Division 2 mid table nothingness would be on their agenda.

There have been some xxxxxxx awful recruitment decisions made by people who earn their living in this profession over the past few seasons!

Signing loan players who have a history of injuries - or incredibly, have arrived at the club carrying an injury from their parent clubs seems inconceivable to me and Ben Garner was honest enough to acknowledge this.

Colchester United appear to have individuals on the payroll who have cost the club far more than their over generous salaries.

The running costs of the club are astronomical and the investment has not been replicated on the field.

Four years of this is four years too long.

How are the chuckle brothers getting us anywhere near play offs…. Can’t we all see where we are now… they signed 4 blokes in January…. As for stating if they stick around… they would be jam ass lucky we want to keep them… they won’t be getting a job anytime soon in a professional leagues over here. Everyone we play moans about how boring and dirty they are… they’ve managed to royally help our free fall. Concord Rangers got relegated this season they may come calling.
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:40 - Apr 24 with 715 viewsburnsieespana

Sparky the standout example is Edwards who should never have been signed and cannot think what possessed us to do so.
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:57 - Apr 24 with 704 viewsdurham_exile

Just like the Mansfield game Sky are sniffing a story with the Crewe game.

Here's the irony this is contravention of the 3pm black out.

However last games of the season and all have to kick off at the same time so that must be the exemption clause.

I have my ticket in W3.

We need a Carlisle, Brentford, PNE performance.

Shocking that once again it has come to this

We have one more point than the fateful relegation season to oblivion.

About time we won and won well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 602 viewsburnsieespana

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 13:57 - Apr 24 by durham_exile

Just like the Mansfield game Sky are sniffing a story with the Crewe game.

Here's the irony this is contravention of the 3pm black out.

However last games of the season and all have to kick off at the same time so that must be the exemption clause.

I have my ticket in W3.

We need a Carlisle, Brentford, PNE performance.

Shocking that once again it has come to this

We have one more point than the fateful relegation season to oblivion.

About time we won and won well.

Up the U's

We will do it Durham.
Login to get fewer ads

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 21:12 - Apr 24 with 560 viewsnoah4x4

I’ve got a cricket scoring commitment, so am praying for rain on Saturday morning. But if not, I can now have one eye on SkyGo. But can my nerves and mental health handle it? I felt physically sick last night.

But the fact is, even if we lose, Sutton need to do more than win and overcome the current four goal deficit. It is actually a five GD deficit (in effect) as we have the higher “goals for” column, so they must do one better to stay level . Frankly, I reckon we must avoid any more than a 2-0 defeat to be safe, as Sutton are highly unlikely to thrash MKD. Yes, MKD will have one eye on the play offs, but leaking three goals without reply against Sutton is surely unlikely, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it. Surely we can’t fcuk this up?

As for the Cowleys, charismatic yes, but I’m not sure whether they inherited a box of frogs or like so many before them have failed to get something from a talented squad. I think it is the former and half the side are not EFL standard. Only the Summer Transfer Window will testify.
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 00:33 - Apr 25 with 505 viewswessex_exile

The other dimension is Crewe. Anyone who plays for a point, us included, invariably gets what they deserve - nothing. How willing will they be to risk all pushing forward for three points when just one is enough? I expect both sides going hell for leather to get in front in the first hour or so, but if neither side is by then, maybe less so after that?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 10:04 - Apr 25 with 449 viewsburnsieespana

Suspect nerves be dangling among all 22 plus the officials for fear of a mistake!
You couldn't make it up after 45 games and 10 months of toil all coming down to the final game for both teams.
DC's words when he talks about resilence, grit and who wants it most are spot on.
Thank goodness I am in a cemetery celebrating the 81st anniversary of Major William Martin being released from a submarine with false papers to mislead the Nazis to believe the Allies would land in Greece rather than Sicily! Often known more as the Man With no Name or Operation Mincemeat!
[Post edited 25 Apr 10:13]
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:03 - Apr 25 with 414 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 00:33 - Apr 25 by wessex_exile

The other dimension is Crewe. Anyone who plays for a point, us included, invariably gets what they deserve - nothing. How willing will they be to risk all pushing forward for three points when just one is enough? I expect both sides going hell for leather to get in front in the first hour or so, but if neither side is by then, maybe less so after that?

I don't buy it that Crewe will be content with a draw. A good win will possibly secure them home advantage in the play-offs. So if they sense rabbits in the headlights, they may look to fill their boots.

I see Halifax have also suffered from shite pitch drainage. Having put on a spurt to get into the play-offs they fell at the first hurdle after playing 5 games in 12days.
The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 410 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:03 - Apr 25 by TheOldOakTree

I don't buy it that Crewe will be content with a draw. A good win will possibly secure them home advantage in the play-offs. So if they sense rabbits in the headlights, they may look to fill their boots.

I see Halifax have also suffered from shite pitch drainage. Having put on a spurt to get into the play-offs they fell at the first hurdle after playing 5 games in 12days.

They've scored four in 10 and lost five of them including their last two. They'll want to get over the line in any way that they can. No point trying to finish fifth and end up coming eighth. They're going to be just as tight and nervous as us.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:32 - Apr 25 with 405 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Final (Season ) Countdown . on 11:11 - Apr 25 by RSCOSWORTH

They've scored four in 10 and lost five of them including their last two. They'll want to get over the line in any way that they can. No point trying to finish fifth and end up coming eighth. They're going to be just as tight and nervous as us.

I hope you're right! One thing for sure, there will be more tension in the ground at 3pm than in Gemma Collins knicker elastic.

Even worse for me, kick-off's not until 4pm here!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024