Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie's Future 17:49 - Dec 3 with 558 viewsbwildered

The club have vowed to be patient regards contract talks on Freddie Sears future . But if a decent offer was on the table does the Chairman sell if it means relegation became the outcome ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Freddie's Future on 18:03 - Dec 3 with 554 viewsFruitbat

They will sell as I suspect Sears won't sign.
Freddie's Future on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 548 viewsbwildered

So what price relegation ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Freddie's Future on 19:31 - Dec 3 with 539 viewsdurham_exile

Normally I would take a level headed approach, but having just been Hospitalised for the first time in 53 years, I am feeling a bit liverish!

First Freddie Sears owes Colchester big time - we rescued him when no-one else wanted to know.

2 goals in over 100 appearances, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Suddenly he scores a few goals and he thinks he's a world beater. If looking for Championship football is his aim then it will be a brave club to take him on.

Sign on the dotted line Freddie and help keep us up. If you score 20 goals this season you stand a better chance of attracting a suitor in May and your street value will have increased exponentially.

Score the winner against Peterbore and you will be in the shop window for round three at Old Trafford.

In the meantime show the club some loyalty when we demonstrated our faith in you.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Freddie's Future on 06:35 - Dec 4 with 518 viewsBluenWightExile

Agree with absolutely every word Durham! Very well said. If he displays inevitable footballer disloyalty so be it. Bonne will get a game in our new look boys team with relegation at their mercy poor lads. Spend any money on an experienced Kevin Watson. In any case I'm not sure Sears is anywhere near as good as he thinks.

And get well fast old son. I've had three spells in this year and you have my sympathy and very best wishes.
A win v Rochdale should make you feel better.

Up the Durham convalescent u's

Pinault-noir

Freddie's Future on 09:43 - Dec 4 with 507 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie's Future on 06:35 - Dec 4 by BluenWightExile

Agree with absolutely every word Durham! Very well said. If he displays inevitable footballer disloyalty so be it. Bonne will get a game in our new look boys team with relegation at their mercy poor lads. Spend any money on an experienced Kevin Watson. In any case I'm not sure Sears is anywhere near as good as he thinks.

And get well fast old son. I've had three spells in this year and you have my sympathy and very best wishes.
A win v Rochdale should make you feel better.

Up the Durham convalescent u's

BluenWight - thank you for your kind support, sorry to hear that you have not been well.

Up the youthful U's

Durham_exile

Freddie's Future on 14:33 - Dec 4 with 497 viewsLeadbelly

Still not convinced by Sears. Certainly not good enough or bug enough for Championship.

His departure would not be a good thing at the moment but any chance of his showing loyalty to the club is nil. He's a footballer FFS!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Freddie's Future on 16:38 - Dec 4 with 486 viewsgerry_us

Freddie's Future on 09:43 - Dec 4 by durham_exile

BluenWight - thank you for your kind support, sorry to hear that you have not been well.

Up the youthful U's

Ey up lad!
Are thee not well?
Get well soon, we still have some games to attend in the New Year.
Freddie's Future on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 450 viewsnoah4x4

Notwithstanding the sport is called 'Football' surely a pre-requisite for any Premier League or Championship striker is the ability to head a ball?

I reckon Freddie Sears has headed the ball about twice this season and neither attempt has found the net or another U's player. This is his Achilles Heel and perhaps likely to deny him greater career success and/or a lucrative transfer; although being out of contract is a worry. He was an England U19, U20 and U21 and with that fabulous start in international youth ranks, something has evidently held him back and I suspect it was this.

Hence; Sears didn't succeed (e.g. as a striker) within past managerial favoured formations and tactics; evidenced by so few goals (merely 22) in his first 164 league matches for West Ham, Palace (loan), Coventry (loan); Scunthorpe (loan); and the U's; albeit that in mitigation; many of his early loan appearances were from the bench.

He now has 30 goals from 97 U's appearances (hence has much improved the ratio now at a settled club); but that tally has been boosted by 50% as a result of his recent productive run this season (e.g. 9 league goals). By contrast, his goal scoring record/ratio in his first 80 U's games wasn't particularly inspiring.

My opinion is that the way that the U's now play (under successive managers) distinctly assists him as a goal scorer, but would he fit in within other club set ups? Others of similar build/stature that departed the U's and/or succeeded in higher divisions (Cureton; Lisbie) had (IMHO) much wider ability (including heading). Hence as a manager of a higher status club I would be nervous of taking this risk, but I suppose somebody might take a punt on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024