Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canary Corner 18:27 - Apr 9 with 447 viewswessex_exile

What is going on at Notrich?!?! Five games to go, and despite still keeping them miraculously out of the relegation zone by 5 clear points and a much better goal difference, the chairman decides now's a good time to Sack Hughton? Utterly barking - if they lose their relegation 6-pointer at Fulham on Saturday, their last four games are against Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and then Arsenal - don't fancy their chances of survival, and it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch if they don't...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Canary Corner on 21:00 - Apr 9 with 431 viewsPaddyA140

Norwich are my, ahem, 2nd team - I live 8 mins from the ground and my other half's an ST holder in the Barclay.

I think the board had to act in their own interests as much as those of the club. To keep Hughton and go down... would mean fans would say they should have acted but didn't. The board would get stick. To go down with Adams...? they can say they at least tried. To stay up with Adams, they'll be calling themselves geniuses. For the board, it's win-win. Trickier for club and fans....

I agree it's late - should have done it 2-3 weeks ago, at least - but I feel for Hughton. A very nice bloke.

Up the U's
Canary Corner on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 425 viewswessex_exile

Canary Corner on 21:00 - Apr 9 by PaddyA140

Norwich are my, ahem, 2nd team - I live 8 mins from the ground and my other half's an ST holder in the Barclay.

I think the board had to act in their own interests as much as those of the club. To keep Hughton and go down... would mean fans would say they should have acted but didn't. The board would get stick. To go down with Adams...? they can say they at least tried. To stay up with Adams, they'll be calling themselves geniuses. For the board, it's win-win. Trickier for club and fans....

I agree it's late - should have done it 2-3 weeks ago, at least - but I feel for Hughton. A very nice bloke.

Up the U's

Okaaaay, time to tiptoe carefully through this one then Paddy :-)

Your analysis is spot on, it certainly is a no-lose situation for Adams and the Board - fail and it's all Hughton's fault, survive and Adams' the hero - still seems a bit shabby on Hughton, and there are perilously few black football managers in the game as it is...

...however, should the worst happen, and Norwich do get relegated, I sincerely hope there'll be some more fans on the pitch throwing their season tickets away :-)

(obviously not Mrs Paddy)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Canary Corner on 23:45 - Apr 9 with 415 viewsmfb_cufc

I don't care who they blame for getting relegated, just hope they go down. Absolute disgrace how they stole Lambert from us.

mfb

Canary Corner on 10:24 - Apr 10 with 405 viewsLeadbelly

Have to agree that it seemed an odd decision. Panic button pressed when, to a casual observer, there appeared no real need.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Canary Corner on 20:50 - Apr 10 with 368 viewsPaddyA140

My own feeling is they (not 'we'!) will stay up - I reckon they'll get at least 4 points from the next 5 games and be saved by the simple fact of there being 3 worse teams.

One of the outcomes I missed in my last post, of course, was 'stay up with Hughton' - possible, mathematically and realistically - but the board just didn't want to go there as it would have meant he would have a shout at being there in 2014/15 too, and I just don't think fans would put up with another season of his style of footer. FAR too much 4-5-1 at home.

Up the U's
Canary Corner on 22:17 - Apr 10 with 362 viewsBarsidepete

Enjoy the parachute payment, if it comes to that. The number of times the Canaries have been on TV here this season, can safely say, dreadful to watch.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024