Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 18:52 - Dec 28 with 1428 viewsBarsidepete

MFB_CUFC and RSCOSWORTH with Nothing much to separate them into week 16, the final one before the playoffs. This has never happened before in the decade of The U's NFL PL... The one who posts first has the tie-breaker and the one who posts second has to disagree with a game or two. Brilliant!

And for everyone else, the Superb Owl (11 games) playoffs begin in two weeks. Trust me. MFB and I will keep it interesting ... I wonder if either MFB or RSCO will reach the magical 100 points, hmm.

1pt games:
San Francisco 17 at DETROIT 32
CHICAGO 26 at Tampa Bay 21
INDIANAPOLIS 18 at Miami 12
New England 20 at NEW YORK JETS 26
HOUSTON 34 at Tennessee 6
Green Bay 8 at ARIZONA 38

2pt games:
Jacksonville 27 at NEW ORLEANS 38
Cincinnati 17 at DENVER 20 F-OT

THE TABLE (15 of 16): tie-breaker: most points, pick percentage, & then first to post
*this week, overall & points -- Cincinnati at Denver will be updated later. Only Leadbelly believes Cincy will win, among our bunch -- Only he as a punter's chance to win the title, but his week 16 picks (v MFB and RSCO) better be absurdly good.

RSCOSWORTH ....... (5-3) ...(7) ............ (78-42) ... (98 pts)
mfb_cufc .............. (4-4) ... (5) ............ (77-43) ... (97)
Leadbelly .............. (4-4) ... (5) ............ (69-51) ... (87)
durham_exile ........ (5-3) ... (7) ............ (67-53) ... (83)
thrillseeker ............ (5-3) ... (7) ............ (65-55) ... (80)
gerry_us ............... (2-6) ... (3)............. (64-56) ... (80)
Barsidepete ........... (4-4) ... (6) ............ (60-60) ... (75)

MFB_CUFC's Week 16 of 16:

1pt games
PITTSBURGH STEELERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS at DALLAS COWBOYS
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES at NEW YORK GIANTS
DETROIT LIONS at CHICAGO BEARS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS at GREEN BAY PACKERS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (21.25)

2pt games
NEW YORK JETS at BUFFALO BILLS
ST LOUIS RAMS at SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (21.25)

More updates to follow. Good luck all and Happy New Year
[Post edited 30 Dec 2015 0:48]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 19:51 - Dec 28 with 1201 viewsLeadbelly

Steelers
Redskins
Giants
Lions
Packers
Cardinals
Jets
Rams

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 00:09 - Dec 29 with 1177 viewsBarsidepete

RSCOSWORTH, table all sorted. Apologies for my clerical error.

Theoretically you could predict all 8 the same as MFB and just win the title. I have no issue with PL'ers posting the same. So you win the title the week before the final week. That's not my problem. But oi watchit. MFB will be extra motivated for the Superb Owl playoffs.

He'll likely post first and have the first-to-post tiebreaker. I recommend he waits till 17:59 on Sunday (and no, I'm not going to have a cow if the "timecode" here is 18:04) ... . And it would be nice if you posted two games different than MFB to add some drama if you happen to post second.

If you predict One different --last-- and it is incorrect, MFB will win via the first-to-post -- unless you predict both 2-pointers and MFB one. The statistics get murky.

You two sort it. I'm indifferent.

But it appears you will win your first CHAMPIONSHIP!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 0:23]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 03:36 - Dec 29 with 1148 viewsBarsidepete

Monday night:

Cincinnati 17 at DENVER 20 -- Final/Overtime -- You really had to have seen this one.

I'll update the table tomorrow.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 4:55]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 1115 viewsBarsidepete

Philadelphia Eagles sack head coach Chip Kelly with one game left (26-21 in 3 seasons) -- that's breaking news. As a Redskins fan, I have no love lost for Philly. But that's a proud fan base and they deserve better than that knob.

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 15:36 - Dec 31 with 1084 viewsBarsidepete

Do you lot get the College Football championships on TV there?

Final 4 today:

(4 seed) Oklahoma Sooners v. (1 seed) Clemson Tigers -- (16:00ET/ 21:00 GMT)
(3) Michigan State Spartans v (2) Alabama Crimson Tide (20:00ET/01:00 GMT)

It will have millions upon millions watching. These are on ESPN here. I think there is ESPN there. But like with Sky that broadcasts the BPL, here it's NBC that has the games. Not sure what network has the college playoffs; but worth the DVR

Sooners v Crimson Tide at AT&T stadium (the 80th Cotton Bowl, sold out, 80,000) -- Dallas, Texas
Spartans v Tigers at the Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida -- (sold out, 73,000)

If you like the NFL you may enjoy these two games. They're on here New Year's Eve.

College football has way more fans attending weekly than the NFL. It's a little akin to the Championship and League 1 having more fans than the Prem. Um, some day that may be true. Forest v Leeds looked like a full house on BeIN sport.

Happy New Year all! Final week before the NFL playoffs.

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 1070 viewsgerry_us

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
NEW YORK GIANTS
DETROIT LIONS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS... who else, maybe in OT?
ARIZONA CARDINALS

NEW YORK JETS... close one but just got to be Jets
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:47 - Jan 1 with 1055 viewsdurham_exile

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
NEW YORK GIANTS
DETROIT LIONS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
ARIZONA CARDINALS

2pt games
NEW YORK JETS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Durham_exile

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 00:03 - Jan 2 with 1043 viewsBarsidepete

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 17:03 - Jan 1 by gerry_us

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
NEW YORK GIANTS
DETROIT LIONS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS... who else, maybe in OT?
ARIZONA CARDINALS

NEW YORK JETS... close one but just got to be Jets
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Cheers for picking the Skins, G

If I understand correctly, the winner of our Vikes v Packers wins the NFC North division. The Seattle Seahawks are in the mix. One of those three teams will play at the Redskins. in about a week.

I've heard the tie-breakers discussed in so many ways, I have no clue.

Login to get fewer ads

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 08:19 - Jan 2 with 1030 viewsthrillseeker

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
CHICAGO BEARS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

2pt games
NEW YORK JETS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 03:09 - Jan 3 with 1007 viewsBarsidepete

1pt games
PITTSBURGH STEELERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS -- Pittsburgh
WASHINGTON REDSKINS at DALLAS COWBOYS -- Washington
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES at NEW YORK GIANTS -- New York Giants
DETROIT LIONS at CHICAGO BEARS -- Chicago
MINNESOTA VIKINGS at GREEN BAY PACKERS -- Green Bay
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (21.25) -- Seattle

2pt games
NEW YORK JETS at BUFFALO BILLS -- Buffalo
ST LOUIS RAMS at SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (21.25) --San Francisco

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 997 viewsBarsidepete

It appears that it's about who blinks first between RSCOSWORTH and MFB_CUFC ...

Both are welcome to inbox me their predictions and I'll post them if neither wants to reveal what their picks are to the other. This is really cool as after a decade it could be RSCO's first title, or MFB wins another, and I have no clue why he is so good at this

Deadline is 18:00 but MFB and I agreed that we won't have a cow if the time code --posted or inboxed-- is, let's say, 18:04 ... All teams get to kickoff, one first half, the other in the second half... meaning "receive" the ball on the flipside... Sometimes in the NFL a team decides to kickoff the first minute and, as they say, "defers" to get the opening kickoff the second half.

I'm not that obsessed about the actual 18:00 deadline. Adverts will probably push it to 18:05 anyway. Having said that, no one has not posted this season. I truly am honoured that not one PL'er missed a week -- and let's add one or two more PL'ers for 2016/2017.

Playoffs will begin next week and we'll make it fun, promise.

Meanwhile, here are the final games on Sky for the final week of the regular season. If you don't have Sky Sports, NFL.com gives very quality updates. ESPN.com? I have no clue what you get there...

Games on Sky Sports today:

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills (coverage begins at 12:30ET/17:30 GMT--18:00 kickoff)

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs (kickoff is at 16:25/21:25) -- It's not one of our PL games but it is Soooo Old School ... Raiders and Chiefs have been rivals since the founding of the AFL (American Football League) 5 decades ago. Then the two leagues, AFL and the NFL merged and that's why you have a Super Bowl between two conferences. Information for your trivia night.

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers at 20:00ET/01:00GMT).... The final and showcase game before the playoffs. There is no Monday game this week. This is it, the game that ends the regular season. That's how important Packers v Vikings is -- Gerry is probably staying up late as we both root for our Vikes.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 12:52]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 13:12 - Jan 3 with 973 viewsBarsidepete

Explaining the origins of the AFL and why they call it the Superb Owl. Just trust me.

It was in 1960 that the Boston Patriots (New England Patriots), the Oakland Raiders, the Kansas Chiefs, Dallas Texans (Cowboys), Denver Broncos, Houston Oilers (who moved and turned into the Tennessee Titans--and the NFL gave them back a team when they departed for Nashville, now called the Houston Texans), the Los Angeles Chargers (the San Diego Chargers, who may return to L.A. next year), the Buffalo Bills, the New York Titans, who were simply "rebranded" as the current New York Jets...

The Super Bowl is a compromise between a 1960 league founded in cities that didn't have an NFL team and so the NFL and the AFL merged. The competition was so hard between two major leagues. They had to join up.

The Dacatur Staleys are one of the original NFL teams --now The Chicago Bears! ∑:P
As are the Chicago Cardinals, now the Arizona Cardinals
The Green Bay Packers, founded in 1919, are the first NFL team ever.
The Pats and Broncos and Jets and Cowboys have done pretty Darned well over the decades, winning a gaggle of titles

My Washington Redskins won the 1937 and 1942 championship, and dubiously lost the 1936, 1940, 1943 and 1945 title games *big sigh* ...
The Skins then went on to win 3 Super Bowls, although, as I've alluded to, I attended the 1984 Super Bowl in Tampa Bay, Florida, where the Oakland Raiders dismantled the Skins 38-9. So that was no fun.

Bizarrely enough, I moved to San Francisco for 11 years and became a Raiders ST holder. Life is strange.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 13:38]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 17:22 - Jan 3 with 952 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Week 16

1pt games
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
NEW YORK GIANTS
DETROIT LIONS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
ARIZONA CARDINALS

2pt games
NEW YORK JETS
ST LOUIS RAMS

I would say good luck to MFB but it would be false best wishes as I desperately want this title. I will say though that I've enjoyed the tussle and I'm proud to have taken it to the final week. May the best man win (hopefully me)!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 941 viewsmfb_cufc

1pt games
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
NEW YORK GIANTS
CHICAGO BEARS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

2pt games
ST LOUIS RAMS
BUFFALO BILLS

Good luck RSCOSWORTH. It is a three game week, to decide the title. As you say may the best man win.

mfb

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 20:14 - Jan 3 with 932 viewsBarsidepete

Score updates:

1 pt games
PITTSBURGH 28 at Cleveland 12 Final
WASHINGTON REDSKINS 34 at DALLAS COWBOYS 23 (4th qtr)
PHILADELPHIA 35 at N.Y. Giants 30 Final
DETROIT 24 at Chicago 20 Final
MINNESOTA VIKINGS at GREEN BAY PACKERS (01:30 GMT)

2pt games
N.Y. Jets 17 at BUFFALO 22 Final
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 21:13]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 20:31 - Jan 3 with 923 viewsgerry_us

Me, stay up late? Not even for the Vikes. I am sure they do it without me; I need my beauty sleep
MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 20:44 - Jan 3 with 919 viewsBarsidepete

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 20:31 - Jan 3 by gerry_us

Me, stay up late? Not even for the Vikes. I am sure they do it without me; I need my beauty sleep

I can respect that. The time difference and kickoff in the UK is mind-numbing for our night games.

Guess you'll have to see Monday morning if Minnesota made the playoffs.

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:25 - Jan 3 with 907 viewsBarsidepete

Early scores:

1 pt games
WASHINGTON 23 at Dallas 23 Final

2pt games

So there you go.
Crunch the numbers. Based on predictions, the Champion will be due to one solitary game:
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (16:25ET/21:25GMT)

If Zona wins then RSCOSWORTH is the Champion. If Seattle wins, MFB_CUFC is the Champion. Simple as that

*but do look out for our 11-game Superb Owl playoffs that start next week. Won't know what the seedings are till late Sunday.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 21:28]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:54 - Jan 3 with 891 viewsRSCOSWORTH

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:25 - Jan 3 by Barsidepete

Early scores:

1 pt games
WASHINGTON 23 at Dallas 23 Final

2pt games

So there you go.
Crunch the numbers. Based on predictions, the Champion will be due to one solitary game:
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS at ARIZONA CARDINALS (16:25ET/21:25GMT)

If Zona wins then RSCOSWORTH is the Champion. If Seattle wins, MFB_CUFC is the Champion. Simple as that

*but do look out for our 11-game Superb Owl playoffs that start next week. Won't know what the seedings are till late Sunday.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 21:28]

Wow! It couldn't be much closer. What a finish to the regular season.

I was worried about both the Lions and Cardinals but confident that the Jets would beat the Bills giving me the title. What odds a Seahawks - Cardinals tie?

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:56 - Jan 3 with 891 viewsBarsidepete

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 10 at ARIZONA CARDINALS 0 (1st quarter)

so presently, MFB would be the champ. RSCO is hoping for some Cardinals home cookin'.

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 22:04 - Jan 3 with 888 viewsBarsidepete

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 21:54 - Jan 3 by RSCOSWORTH

Wow! It couldn't be much closer. What a finish to the regular season.

I was worried about both the Lions and Cardinals but confident that the Jets would beat the Bills giving me the title. What odds a Seahawks - Cardinals tie?

Well. Hawks have what they call "the heart of a champion." They know how to get to and win a title.

Zona, although it's Hawks up 10-6 mid-2nd quarter, this is a kind of playoff game. Cards are not going to sit down. A packed house in Phoenix, Arizona. 63,000 nutters in the desert.

I wouldn't worry yet about your title shot, RS

edit, me:

MFB_CUFC 17 v RSCOSWORTH 6 (2nd quarter)

SEATTLE 17 at ARIZONA 6 (2nd qtr)

Some of you have to visit how Yanks are in love with the NFL, baseball, "soccah." There are soccer-specific stadiums being built all over the USA. You lot seem to love the NFL. Ok. We'll love your football

Like I said, MFB and I will make 11 playoff games fun. "Exotic bet." Post here or inbox me or MFB with ideas. Most yellow flags in a game? Who the heck gives a whiff.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 22:28]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 22:29 - Jan 3 with 874 viewsgerry_us

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 20:31 - Jan 3 by gerry_us

Thought the Vikes had already made the play-offs?
MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 22:45 - Jan 3 with 864 viewsBarsidepete

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 22:29 - Jan 3 by gerry_us

Thought the Vikes had already made the play-offs?

Sorry, G.

It's reeeeealy muddy.

May next week be our Vikes at my Skins. *I know, conflict of interest.

I've heard so many tie-breaker scenarios, I just go to the BBC or CNN .. or listen to Talk Sport.I know my Skins are in. No pundit can explain who they play on Fox, Espn, Sky. NO ONE understands the tie-breaker. and I HAVE TO BLOG ABOUT THIS THIS BULLSH&T on the Wash Post.

I don't understand, Gerry

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 22:56 - Jan 3 with 861 viewsBarsidepete

SEATTLE 30, Arizona 6 at half-time .... you do Not want to face the Seahawks in the playoffs.

They wanna fekkin kill you in the playoffs. Starting in a week, when the playoffs begin,... ...I'm seeing Hawks v New England to be in the Super Bowl in a month.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 23:01]

MFB's NFL PL week 16 of 16, Final one before playoffs -- DL: Sunday 18:00 on 23:47 - Jan 3 with 839 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Gutted! So close.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024