Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lioyd Doyley 17:37 - Oct 7 with 675 viewsbwildered

U's sign full back Lloyd Doyley on a free transfer from Watford .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lioyd Doyley on 17:46 - Oct 7 with 674 viewsLeadbelly

My spy tells me Doyley is a Watford legend. High work rate, decent defender, likes to get forward but distribution not his strong point. Attitude made up for any shortcomings in natural ability.

He was at Rotherham at the end of last season so I assume he was a free agent.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lioyd Doyley on 18:45 - Oct 7 with 655 viewsnoah4x4

Had a serious neck injury 2014 to 2016. Left Watford, played three times for Rotherham end of last season, released in May. Might be a good acquisition if we can keep him out of A + E, or will he be another Elokobi past his sell by date?
Lioyd Doyley on 21:10 - Oct 7 with 623 viewsLeadbelly

Lioyd Doyley on 18:45 - Oct 7 by noah4x4

Had a serious neck injury 2014 to 2016. Left Watford, played three times for Rotherham end of last season, released in May. Might be a good acquisition if we can keep him out of A + E, or will he be another Elokobi past his sell by date?

In the squad for tomorrow, subject to the usual clearances, so we should find out very soon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Lioyd Doyley on 15:02 - Oct 8 with 578 viewswessex_exile

Lioyd Doyley on 21:10 - Oct 7 by Leadbelly

In the squad for tomorrow, subject to the usual clearances, so we should find out very soon.

Not listed for today, maybe paperwork not quite sorted, or they want a few days to properly assess his match fitness?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Lioyd Doyley on 17:33 - Oct 11 with 487 viewsbwildered

No disrespect to the player, but is this a decent singing considering his previous injury, the club have just loaned our most experienced defender out on loan, and what message does it send to Vincent-Young, Kent, Wynter & James if they cannot cement a first team place in a mid table D2 side ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Lioyd Doyley on 07:55 - Oct 12 with 458 viewsnoah4x4

Saw Lloyd Doyley play for the U23's versus Bolton. Vocal, good organiser, powerful; imposing; can tackle and head, but perhaps not yet fully match sharp; not surprising given his lack of competitive action; but close. He was never reputed to be a classy ball player, just an honest solid no nonsense defender. In the same match. Frankie Kent was just awesome, head and shoulders better than anybody on the pitch. Seems to have recovered his fitness. I don't have a concern about our younger players. The level of enthusiasm was immense despite the Bolton thugs trying to kick them off the park. It was far from a no score bore and utterly different from the rubbish served up by the First XI versus Newport.

My confident opinion is that once Dickenson, Kent, Garvan, Lapslie are fit and Prosser is back from suspension we will see a turnaround. Guthrie and Fosu are skilful, but it is not gelling in midfield, probably because they are not accustomed to our system and to some degree are not being played in their natural positions due to our injury crisis. . But in the meanwhile our youngsters pressing for places will keep everybody on their toes. Last night Morecambe jumped around six places into the Play Off places after a single win given that this division is so tight. We remain in touch and ignoring some meaningless cup defeats our league form is not remotely as worrying as in previous seasons.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 7:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024