Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - Stay or Go? 17:07 - Jan 19 with 14430 viewseastbanker

After today I would not be sorry if Laudrup went at the end of the season. Whilst I admit that selecting a team for today was always going to be difficult given our injuries, the reluctance to change things around during the game was nothing short of criminal. When you are 3 - 0 down at home and you have two strikers on the bench it would be rank stupidity not to throw one on to attempt to influence the result. I know that many people do not see Vazquez as the answer but Rory Donnelly could have been given half an hour to prove himself. We were going to lose anyway so whats wrong with taking a gamble. Since Laudrup has taken over we have lost our tempo, at best we are pedestrian and predictable. His insistence on getting our wide men to tuck inside has hindered our attacking players as there is less room in which to operate. Why did Pozuelo stay on the pitch for 90 minutes when he was guilty of giving away possession time and time again. Add the fact that it would seem that, despite injuries to 9 first team players, we don't look like strengthening in this transfer window, life as a Swans fan is far from easy at the moment.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 1213 viewsgyrjack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:31 - Jan 21 by jacksinceever

Why would Ki come back to a club where he may get some game time, but more likely would drift in and out of the team like he did before.
I'm not Ki's biggest fan, but I can see why he'd stay at Sunderland to get game time

Plus, if he doesnt want to be here, then he's not exactly going to motivated to play well --- pointless
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:15 - Jan 21 with 1173 viewsmarcus78

There no if he goes at end of the season, it's obvious he is going that's why huw won't get the cheque book out in Jan. Because lets be honest we could do with one or two players or we gonna be in the championship next season way we going
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 1134 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Me I would be sorry when ML does go and I think he will, the last few games I have be questioning his replacements or lack of them for the first time this season.I know we have had major squad problems but that does not excuse some of the lack of use for some squad members. I have wondered if a fully strong squad will suddenly be fit to play Napoli ?. The further we go in the europa will only benifit SCFC if we win it.
But it will do MLs CV the world of good if we just play a fantasic game against the italians
home and away or proceed to the next round.
Is it synical for me to think this (possible) but it seems to me that europa is more important to ML than the premier, not that he does not care if we are relegated but would be happy if we just survived rather than finish around mid table.
Do I know what ML really thinks or wants no. But something is a lot different from last season. If is just the fact that we are in this competition then fine but I feel that some of his lack of use or the way he has made replacement decisions is questionable.

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:53 - Jan 21 with 1115 viewsCatullus

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 10:23 - Jan 21 by mikecph

If being part of an 11 team group that are not safe from relegation in January can elicit so much panic then I think Premier League life is going to be a rough ride for some fans. It seems Swansea has made a fine transition into a Premier League club - but some fans' mentality have yet to acclimatize.

But it's not about expecting to be safe in January.

And for the previous poster JesusJ, it's not just about our form this season, it's the 35 game run that has seen us win just 7 games.

People bang on about the hard fixtures we've had as if the games against teams around us are going to be walkovers for us.
Of more concern to me is that our performances improve and we don't (as has happened too often) fold second half and give teams an easier ride. Does anyone think Fulham, Cardiff, WHU, or Stoke will make it easy for us? because I expect them to scrap for everything, to close us down, deny us space and pump balls into our box. And how well have we done in those circumstances. Not so long back people were saying we struggles against lower teams and played better against the top teams. Now that we have played the top teams they are changing the rules.
We are not relegated by a long way but we have to pick our game up significantly. We cannot, absolutely cannot afford to be apathetic or complacent.
We have a hard slog in front of us but some people seem reluctant to accept that. They prefer instead to look at our next 5 out of 6 games as easy wins that will see us comfortable. Well newsflash, the premier league is not like that, football is not like that, life is not like that. Live with it.
Like I said before, come on here and bitch and moan (I will do loads of it) and then get yourselves down the Liberty and get behind the team.
Whatever your opinion, the team needs our support on match days.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:01 - Jan 21 with 1107 viewsbargoedjack

One of the great strengths that the players have spoken of with Laudrup when things are going well and when things are going badly is that he doesn't get carried away when we win and doesn't get carried away when we lose.

It doesn't surprise me that we've failed to get much from our past few games, given the opposition and our injury list. Look at Man Utd with RvP and Rooney missing ...
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:05 - Jan 21 with 1099 viewslonglostjack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:46 - Jan 21 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Me I would be sorry when ML does go and I think he will, the last few games I have be questioning his replacements or lack of them for the first time this season.I know we have had major squad problems but that does not excuse some of the lack of use for some squad members. I have wondered if a fully strong squad will suddenly be fit to play Napoli ?. The further we go in the europa will only benifit SCFC if we win it.
But it will do MLs CV the world of good if we just play a fantasic game against the italians
home and away or proceed to the next round.
Is it synical for me to think this (possible) but it seems to me that europa is more important to ML than the premier, not that he does not care if we are relegated but would be happy if we just survived rather than finish around mid table.
Do I know what ML really thinks or wants no. But something is a lot different from last season. If is just the fact that we are in this competition then fine but I feel that some of his lack of use or the way he has made replacement decisions is questionable.

I don't think ML is too worried about his CV

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:27 - Jan 21 with 1070 viewsVetchitBack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:53 - Jan 21 by Catullus

But it's not about expecting to be safe in January.

And for the previous poster JesusJ, it's not just about our form this season, it's the 35 game run that has seen us win just 7 games.

People bang on about the hard fixtures we've had as if the games against teams around us are going to be walkovers for us.
Of more concern to me is that our performances improve and we don't (as has happened too often) fold second half and give teams an easier ride. Does anyone think Fulham, Cardiff, WHU, or Stoke will make it easy for us? because I expect them to scrap for everything, to close us down, deny us space and pump balls into our box. And how well have we done in those circumstances. Not so long back people were saying we struggles against lower teams and played better against the top teams. Now that we have played the top teams they are changing the rules.
We are not relegated by a long way but we have to pick our game up significantly. We cannot, absolutely cannot afford to be apathetic or complacent.
We have a hard slog in front of us but some people seem reluctant to accept that. They prefer instead to look at our next 5 out of 6 games as easy wins that will see us comfortable. Well newsflash, the premier league is not like that, football is not like that, life is not like that. Live with it.
Like I said before, come on here and bitch and moan (I will do loads of it) and then get yourselves down the Liberty and get behind the team.
Whatever your opinion, the team needs our support on match days.

Great post.

I don't feel many of the people you describe actually believe what they're saying though. It seems like a competition on here at times - who can put the most positive spin on a below par performance. So it's probably useless trying to argue with them or come at them with logic.

I'm not worried. I'm not panicked. I was worried when we nearly dropped out of the league. But you can express concern and criticise in a calm manner contrary to popular belief.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:33 - Jan 21 with 1059 viewsScoobyWho

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:27 - Jan 21 by VetchitBack

Great post.

I don't feel many of the people you describe actually believe what they're saying though. It seems like a competition on here at times - who can put the most positive spin on a below par performance. So it's probably useless trying to argue with them or come at them with logic.

I'm not worried. I'm not panicked. I was worried when we nearly dropped out of the league. But you can express concern and criticise in a calm manner contrary to popular belief.

Not sure why you see it as an argument as opposed to a discussion on differing views.
Oh, and its panicking, not panicked.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:51 - Jan 21 with 1018 viewsVetchitBack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:33 - Jan 21 by ScoobyWho

Not sure why you see it as an argument as opposed to a discussion on differing views.
Oh, and its panicking, not panicked.

An argument can be a discussion of views.

Oh and the first sentence requires a question mark.

Oh and you don't put the word "and" after a comma.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 22:06 - Jan 21 with 991 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 10:14 - Jan 21 by JesusJack

The players aren't coming out with moronic, knee-jerk tripe

No, they are just fighting over coco-pops. allegedly! LoL

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024