Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES 23:44 - Jan 31 with 13296 viewsMFC1876

Interesting reading your comments on todays loan signing. I follow Boro home and away (including the Vetchfield and Liberty Stadium in the past) and I don't know of a single Boro fan who won't be happy that Marvellous Marvin has gone (for now at least).

Marvin is known as "Project Emnes" by many Boro fans (he earned this tag after ex-Manager Southgate said he was a long-term project when asked why he had waited 36 games in the 2008/09 season before starting his first League game).

This season he has been awful. 1 goal in 23 appearances (incl as sub), he has a heart like a pea, is soft as S***e, looks disinterested and the last two home games when he has been subbed (rightly so) he has gone straight down the tunnel. Not good.

He seems more bothered about his hair (which hasn't been cut since he was last at Swansea) than contributing to the team.

Our previous Manager Tony Mowbray alluded to Emnes fragile mental state on more than one occasion. "Marvin needs to be loved" was one of the quotes. Earning thousands of pounds a week ... more like needs a kick up the backside!

In terms of positives all I would say is he knows Swansea having played there, can be good on the break when tuned in and is only on loan so can be returned to Boro (groan).

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season you have been a breath of fresh air to the Premier League, deserved your League Cup win and I hope you enjoy your European adventures.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:21 - May 13 with 2141 viewsDyfnant

Don't know if this has been posted yet
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/read_article/11208

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:31 - May 13 with 2065 viewsJackFish

I forgot they paid so much for him. Can't see us paying anywhere near that much.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:31 - May 13 with 2065 viewsOldjack

"Marvin needs to be loved"

like i said loves the big stage and bloody thrives on it ,

getting the winner against the scum makes him a swans hero

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:35 - May 13 with 2037 viewsSwansNZ

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:31 - May 13 by JackFish

I forgot they paid so much for him. Can't see us paying anywhere near that much.

That was 6 years ago tho'

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:44 - May 13 with 1999 viewsmonmouth

As long as he doesn't become'pedestrian' when he gets himself a deal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:50 - May 13 with 1968 viewsicecoldjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:44 - May 13 by monmouth

A good point , think its fair to say that Dwight earnt his deal last year and he has gone backwards since signing !

Marvin is a tidy player, our football suits his style will be a decent signing for us IMO.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 21:06 - May 13 with 1905 viewsDyfnant

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:50 - May 13 by icecoldjack

A good point , think its fair to say that Dwight earnt his deal last year and he has gone backwards since signing !

Marvin is a tidy player, our football suits his style will be a decent signing for us IMO.

Tiendelli was shite last year as well, including his fabled crossing ability

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 21:16 - May 13 with 1869 viewsicecoldjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 21:06 - May 13 by Dyfnant

Tiendelli was shite last year as well, including his fabled crossing ability

Disagree, did enough to earn a deal IMO .

Never stepped up once the ink was dry on his contract , though like any defender he needs a run of games to perform at his best.

The best combination with Dwight was both him and rangel together, i thought that was a decent tactical thing from Laudrup when we needed to be a bit more defensive .

Anyway, im sure Marvin will be decent enough.
Login to get fewer ads

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 21:42 - May 13 with 1819 viewsOldjack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 20:44 - May 13 by monmouth

Monk's will not that happen i feel

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:10 - May 13 with 1770 viewsMFC1876

"Now then" everyone - Boro fan back again.

Impressed with the constructive posts in reply to my questions.

I think Boro would be happy to sell "Project Emnes" to you for £2.58 + postage given what he has contributed to Boro in the last two seasons.

If not possibly a straightforward player swop ... Bony looks a decent striker.

Seriously though I reckon we would take £1.0 - £1.5M which along with getting "Marvellous" off the wage bill would be a good deal for a skint club like us.

I actually think Marvin is well suited to Swansea's style of play and as mentioned he seems happy so you are onto a good thing. It's win, win, win for Boro, Swansea and Marv if he signs.

A few rumours up on Teesside about what maybe happening. A player swop involving Routledge been one of the more prominent ones.

By the way Danny Graham has done OK for us considering he is playing on his own up front. That said I was at Yeovil last game of the season when he missed two of the biggest sitters I have ever seen.

Looking forward to the Championship fixtures coming out ... we won't be going to Peterborough after tonights play-off result ... but could be making the trip to Brisbane Road, Deepdale or even New York (Stadium) depending on the outcome.

Your longstanding fans have already been there and done that so I hope you continue to enjoy your Premiership odyssey in 2014/15 and beyond.

Up the Boro !
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:12 - May 13 with 1757 viewsDyfnant

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:10 - May 13 by MFC1876

I think Boro would be happy to sell "Project Emnes" to you for £2.58 + postage given what he has contributed to Boro in the last two seasons.

Seriously though I reckon we would take £1.0 - £1.5M which along with getting "Marvellous" off the wage bill would be a good deal for a skint club like us.

I actually think Marvin is well suited to Swansea's style of play and as mentioned he seems happy so you are onto a good thing. It's win, win, win for Boro, Swansea and Marv if he signs.

A few rumours up on Teesside about what maybe happening. A player swop involving Routledge been one of the more prominent ones.

By the way Danny Graham has done OK for us considering he is playing on his own up front. That said I was at Yeovil last game of the season when he missed two of the biggest sitters I have ever seen.

Looking forward to the Championship fixtures coming out ... we won't be going to Peterborough after tonights play-off result ... but could be making the trip to Brisbane Road, Deepdale or even New York (Stadium) depending on the outcome.

Your longstanding fans have already been there and done that so I hope you continue to enjoy your Premiership odyssey in 2014/15 and beyond.

Up the Boro !

Routledge lol

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:16 - May 13 with 1734 viewsicecoldjack

Routs was basically one of our best players behind Bony this year mate ! he wont be going anywhere thats for sure !

You can have Tate, he is from up your way, maybe Lita on a free to link up with DG , they would destroy the town centre bars in no time !

Marvin is suited to us but i thought you guys were playing a more expansive game ?
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:18 - May 13 with 1727 viewsQuakerJack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:10 - May 13 by MFC1876

Up the Boro !

Hahaha, come on now.... Routledge????

Few of your fans struggling to accept your loss of premier league status.

One of the first names on our team sheet, a premier league side.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:21 - May 13 with 1713 viewsDrizzle

tee hee. Routledge. tee hee.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:23 - May 13 with 1705 viewsDewi1jack

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:12 - May 13 by Dyfnant

Routledge lol

I know.
We have a few excellent defenders you can have instead; Tiendalli, Jazz, Curtis Obeng, Situ coupled with Leroy up front, we could give you nearly half a team.
Are you really sure that Boro will want us to pay the postage as well? Can't we do economy delivery? HJ and the board will be in to sign for him in about 3 weeks Thursday. Try and go for an afternoon delivery slot though.
It's summer and the boys have a lie in

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:23 - May 13 with 1704 viewsSwansNZ

This swap involving Routledge, straight swap or were you looking for us to pay you a few million too? just wondering

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 22:28 - May 13 with 1680 viewsQuakerJack

It's like when we tried to swap Coates for Juninho.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 23:24 - May 13 with 1559 viewsMFC1876

Routledge had 9 clubs in 10 seasons before he joined Swansea and he has been with you for 4 seasons now ... so he's long overdue a move.

Also he is best mates with Danny Graham so I reckon the writing is on the wall for a move up to God's country. ;)

Anyway as long as Boro don't get that goal machine Alvaro Vazquez as part of a swop deal that will be a relief. Maybe he needs to "feel loved" like Emnes to get the best out of him - can't you palm him off to the "redbirds" down the road now they are slumming it back in The Championship?

UTB
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 23:39 - May 13 with 1511 viewsoldcob

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 23:24 - May 13 by MFC1876

Routledge had 9 clubs in 10 seasons before he joined Swansea and he has been with you for 4 seasons now ... so he's long overdue a move.

Also he is best mates with Danny Graham so I reckon the writing is on the wall for a move up to God's country. ;)

Anyway as long as Boro don't get that goal machine Alvaro Vazquez as part of a swop deal that will be a relief. Maybe he needs to "feel loved" like Emnes to get the best out of him - can't you palm him off to the "redbirds" down the road now they are slumming it back in The Championship?

UTB

Dannys best mates were Black Jack and Roo Lett from what i've heard.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:43 - May 14 with 1380 viewsQuakerJack

UTB

Trust us, you will not be getting Routledge. He's a premier league player, why on earth would he trade that for championship football for less money?

Vasquez isn't our player, his loan finished. Bit like Graham, who also isn't your player.

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 08:04 - May 14 with 1365 viewsStarsky

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 07:43 - May 14 by QuakerJack

Trust us, you will not be getting Routledge. He's a premier league player, why on earth would he trade that for championship football for less money?

Vasquez isn't our player, his loan finished. Bit like Graham, who also isn't your player.

You didn't quite pick up on the humour aspect of his post did you?

It's just the internet, init.

BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 14:42 - May 14 with 1236 viewsA_Fans_Dad

UTB

Even if Vazquez was ours to move on and you probably know we don't rate him, but we still couldn't do that to a player.
Wouldn't wish Cardiff football on anyone.
BORO FAN HERE RE EMNES on 14:50 - May 14 with 1223 viewsMagicDaps

Routledge? Should we chuck in Wilfried Bony and Ben Davies as well to secure the tell. Jesus.

No, Wayne Routledge is not going to be joining Middlesbrough.

I don't really think you're in a position to demand as much as £1.5 million for him, he's got what a year left on his contract and hasn't done very well for you. £500k seems more realistic.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024