Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans Headlines 08:34 - Feb 3 with 6142 viewsPrivate_Partz

Many, including me, criticise the press for reporting unfounded rumours without any direct quotes or named sources. Why therefore is Planet Swans now doing the same with headlines quoting the Daily Mail and Twitter?
All rumours can have a damaging effect on the club and the press just feed further upon this. I don't feel this helping the team and the battle we have to pull away from the drop zone.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Planet Swans Headlines on 08:40 - Feb 3 with 3391 viewsDull1Thomas

Good post.
It is easy to respond to these stories and I would urge more Swans fans to do so.
However, many stories are generated by trawling sites like this and only reflect what is common currency amongst our "fans".

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Planet Swans Headlines on 08:47 - Feb 3 with 3357 viewsPhil_S

Completely disagree - the point of the article is clearly to state that there are two differing reports within several hours of each other thus suggesting that most of what is written is guesswork.

The rumours are out there I would agree with you if they were being made up in the article

This post has been edited by an administrator
Planet Swans Headlines on 09:00 - Feb 3 with 3291 viewsPrivate_Partz

And I completely disagree Phil. If people want rumours they can go to News Now and see all the unsubstanciated press releases. Only recently we were quoting ML as a appearing to be a 'broken man'.
There are a lot of people out there who would love to see us fail. These are difficult times and unity by all is needed here. PS is not helping the cause.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:04 - Feb 3 with 3276 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:00 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

And I completely disagree Phil. If people want rumours they can go to News Now and see all the unsubstanciated press releases. Only recently we were quoting ML as a appearing to be a 'broken man'.
There are a lot of people out there who would love to see us fail. These are difficult times and unity by all is needed here. PS is not helping the cause.

Who was quoting ML as being a 'broken' man??

And where is the lack of unity?? What would you rather see as the headline "All is great, we all love each other?"

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:07 - Feb 3 with 3250 viewsPrivate_Partz

I sit corrected Phil. It was 'sounded like a beaten man'.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/33978/laudrup-on-disappoi

It still does not help though.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 9:08]

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:09 - Feb 3 with 3234 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:07 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

I sit corrected Phil. It was 'sounded like a beaten man'.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/33978/laudrup-on-disappoi

It still does not help though.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 9:08]

Exactly how he did sound and correct me if I am wrong but we were beaten at the time?
Planet Swans Headlines on 09:11 - Feb 3 with 3221 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Shock horror — fans footy site dependent on visitor numbers to generate money for owner displays sensational headlines. Hold the back page why don’t you.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 3180 viewsGretsch

Whilst I support Michael Laudrup and can see that if we win next week all in the garden will be rosey, there is a thing called shadow of the leader, if your leader is all lethargic, then so will the followers.

Whilst I and 99% of supporters dont know what goes on in the changing room or training ground, and know you cant change a personality, there is a duty I am sure to instill a little confidence. At the moment his body language is all drooping shoulders and he appears a beaten man to me anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 3145 viewsmonmouth

Huw has come out and said that Laudrup's position has 'categorically' not been discussed (or so radio Wales said). So perhaps we could just kill all the pointless speculation until after Saturday now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:21 - Feb 3 with 3127 viewsShaky

Phil, can I ask when you received your information that Laudrup had sanctioned the move for Emnes?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:24 - Feb 3 with 3112 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:11 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Shock horror — fans footy site dependent on visitor numbers to generate money for owner displays sensational headlines. Hold the back page why don’t you.

Well you were starting negative threads on here last year about the manager and players so if we go down you are as much to blame as anyone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:26 - Feb 3 with 3082 viewsPrivate_Partz

Indeed, the team, the club was beaten on the day, But I read it as ML beaten- as in devoid of ideas for the rest of the season. . 'West Ham won' would have been sufficient. Or the 'team were beaten on the day'. Having said that it was obvious to all it was the case that we had lost. The wording was very strange if all Planet Swans was saying is we lost.
I agree the comment is open to interpretation but it seemed unnecessary to me and an opportunity to fan the flames.
BTW this is not particularly having a go at you as I have witnessed you battling bravely against the negative posters on here. I just find it surprising that Planet Swabs appears to be jumping on the press bandwagon and posting such comments and feeding the negativity on here.

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:30 - Feb 3 with 3053 viewsperchrockjack

It seems to me that this board has taken on human form and in some way influences players that work for our club.They don't.
On one hand we have those who believe all is well and nothing dramatic needs to be done as there is nowt to be concerned about and on the other those who don't.

Those that don't are called negative posters

Those that do are positive and therefore are better fans and more worthy of "respect".

Would that be fair?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:34 - Feb 3 with 3030 viewsmonmouth

No.

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 3028 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:30 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

It seems to me that this board has taken on human form and in some way influences players that work for our club.They don't.
On one hand we have those who believe all is well and nothing dramatic needs to be done as there is nowt to be concerned about and on the other those who don't.

Those that don't are called negative posters

Those that do are positive and therefore are better fans and more worthy of "respect".

Would that be fair?

I'll tell what's fair the fact that you've been posting the same negativity slagging off player after player from the door to the conference to the top half of the PL.

One thing you couldn't be accused of though is not being consistent.

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:36 - Feb 3 with 3023 viewsShaky

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:21 - Feb 3 by Shaky

Phil, can I ask when you received your information that Laudrup had sanctioned the move for Emnes?

Also Phil, without revealing the source of your information could you perhaps tell us whether you received it as a result of an enquiry from you, or whether it was volunteered.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:37 - Feb 3 with 3018 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment, but how would you sum it all up.
Is it as simple as kluelesskunts v those who know best?

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:39 - Feb 3 with 3002 viewsmonmouth

No.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:15 - Feb 3 with 2920 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:24 - Feb 3 by Darran

Well you were starting negative threads on here last year about the manager and players so if we go down you are as much to blame as anyone.

Bore off you scruff.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:18 - Feb 3 with 2914 viewsperchrockjack

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:15 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Bore off you scruff.

IF you start a sentence with this little word then it follows that the sentence is not necessarily a positive one

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 2908 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:15 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Bore off you scruff.

Great comeback hypocrite.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:24 - Feb 3 with 2891 viewsperchrockjack

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:21 - Feb 3 by Darran

Great comeback hypocrite.

phucking thought that was for me then.
Darren, Are you certain we ll stay up?

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:26 - Feb 3 with 2878 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:24 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

phucking thought that was for me then.
Darren, Are you certain we ll stay up?

I'm not certain of waking up tomorrow.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 2870 viewsParlay

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:04 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

Who was quoting ML as being a 'broken' man??

And where is the lack of unity?? What would you rather see as the headline "All is great, we all love each other?"

You seem to get quite high and mighty over anyone stating the situation doesnt look good. It seems odd you now take this stance after spending all weekend sneering at such notions.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 2862 viewsDull1Thomas

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:17 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Huw has come out and said that Laudrup's position has 'categorically' not been discussed (or so radio Wales said). So perhaps we could just kill all the pointless speculation until after Saturday now.

But there are people on this site who know something is wrong and Huw is about to sack Laudrup

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024