Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea shame the FA Cup 23:25 - Feb 16 with 5538 viewsDarran

Wha a load of f*cking shit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-3-1-swansea-toffees-stroll-3

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:17 - Feb 17 with 1064 viewsDyfnant

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 08:42 - Feb 17 by NOTRAC

Sensibly though was there a need for all those changes.Shouldn't the substitutions have been handled better when we were still in with a chance of getting something from the game.And for all those who say the F A Cup is not important think of 1927 and how if we could win it we would stop the bragging rights of Cardiff for ever and a day.

Bragging rights of 1927 lol

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:29 - Feb 17 with 1032 viewsperchrockjack

Im ot exactly one to hold back as regards criticism but shame-my arseoe.
Shame is when a shuite like KEANE deliberately tries to maim another fellow pro and then revels in it,one who tawates paper boys and ewalks out on his country During Words cup. . On paper it looked an insulting line up but they played well enough especially first half and two mistakes killed us.

Goodison was like a a morgue until they got that Naismith goal and it showed how arrogant they were all.

saddest thing for me was fact it showed how badly we screwed up in the Transfer window because this vasquex really should never wear our shirt. Booing him is stupid as its not his fault;its the d1ck who brought him into our club. Lamah made some good crosses which any average striker would have buried

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 1024 viewsLobo

Why haven't they mentioned the other teams who rested players. Arsenal did the same because they have a midweek European tie like us. The difference being they won. The worst team on the weekend were Southampton, they played a weakened side and didn't even try to win even though they have nothing else to play for this season.

I would have loved to win the FA cup but you need luck to do that as well and we had none this year, we had difficult away ties each round and would have had another one in the next round. I think we had a good cup run, it's not as if we went out to lower league opposition at home like Fulham or Villa
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:37 - Feb 17 with 1008 viewsperchrockjack

I recorded this prog and to see a tug a pishead and a nomark basically slag off our cloub made me seethe.
Chiles is bad enough on his own.
Don't they haver balanced panels anymore.
In old days Allison would squabble with Channon, Dougan or anyone really.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:40 - Feb 17 with 999 viewsDarran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:37 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

I recorded this prog and to see a tug a pishead and a nomark basically slag off our cloub made me seethe.
Chiles is bad enough on his own.
Don't they haver balanced panels anymore.
In old days Allison would squabble with Channon, Dougan or anyone really.

Go to the game next time and you won't have to listen to them.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 987 viewsscottishjack

The Mirror has been on our case since last Summer, very strange?
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:45 - Feb 17 with 984 viewsmonmouth

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 08:42 - Feb 17 by NOTRAC

Sensibly though was there a need for all those changes.Shouldn't the substitutions have been handled better when we were still in with a chance of getting something from the game.And for all those who say the F A Cup is not important think of 1927 and how if we could win it we would stop the bragging rights of Cardiff for ever and a day.

Eh? Cardiff have no bragging rights about anything. None.

As to the mirror article. Wouldn't wipe my arse on it, might catch something horrible. ITV were self righteously p*ssed off because they thought we'd spoilt their lunchtime tv. Half time they were backtracking, full time about turn again because we lost. Just w*nkers.

This 'article' just picks up on that to save them having to do any work for themselves. Non-story, non-issue.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 09:50 - Feb 17 with 976 viewsSpratty

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 01:11 - Feb 17 by ymaohyd

The FA Cup is a wonderful competition. However as with all cup competitions it is a lottery. Having been drawn away to Man U, then Birminham, we were dealt the hammer blow of yet another away tie to another Premier league club!

When that draw was made a few Sundays back, my interest went and I'm sure so did the board and management. Seems negative, yes, but that's the way it is. A home tie against anyone would have seen us filed a strong side, away again though, no chance.

The equation for a Prem side at this stage of the season as far as fielding a strong side in the Fa Cup is concerned is to have points in the bank. This time last season we were about 8 points to the better.

So all in all the equation this season is - yet another shi* draw + involvement in a relegation battle + involvement in the Europa on Thursday = a 2nd string side.

If the media can't accept or see that well that's their problem.

"This time last season we were about 8 points to the better"

How does that compare when you look at points earned against comparable teams

Lets ignore the many key injuries we have had to cope with
Lets ignore our tremendous achievement in Europe and all the games and travelling that entailed
Let us ignore historically beating Manu to stay in the FA cup
Lets ignore the beast that is Bony bedding into the team

Looking at points earned against comparable teams we achieved comparable results to last year when we had our best finish in the PL ever (and as I recall only missed out on 8th by goal difference). Does playing our games in a different order with almost identical results make us a worse team?

Meaningful stats suck don't they. But lets behave with a bit of perspective and dignity and at least not delude ourselves
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:05 - Feb 17 with 957 viewsSpratty

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 02:47 - Feb 17 by _Kieran

Were the media writing the same bullsh!t after Birmingham City away because we fielded half a team then too.

The point being Bony came off the bench to score a brace. Which is what many were crying for yesterday.

You decide about the team for Birmingham I think you will find it is a weakened but more balanced team with plenty of experience plus firepower on the bench which we were willing to and did use.

Swansea City
25 Tremmel
19 Tiendalli
03 Taylor
07 Britton
04 Chico
06 Williams
11 Hernández (Bony - 45' )
02 Amat
26 Alvaro (Routledge - 64' )
14 Lamah
24 Pozuelo

Substitutes
10 Bony
13 Cornell
15 Routledge
29 Richards
31 Lucas
33 Davies
41 Donnelly
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 944 viewsClinton

The main difference is that Vasquez actually came off during the Birmingham match.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 919 viewsSpratty

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:09 - Feb 17 by Clinton

The main difference is that Vasquez actually came off during the Birmingham match.

I would say the main difference was that Bony came on and scored a brace.

That and a more balanced team.

As I recall it was also where Bony played the most delightful, cool and audaciously skilled repeated game of cat and mouse with them in our corner. Keeping the ball to kill any danger of Birmingham equalising in the dying minutes. What a player
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:26 - Feb 17 with 909 viewsBloodyhills

What a load of bollocks. It should be, lazy journalist shames tabloid rag with utter crap reporting.

As for Keane and that other idiot's comments before the match. w@ankers.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:28 - Feb 17 with 902 viewsLord_Bony

What lazy journalism,that was a good match for all to watch yesterday,very entertaining I thought.

Good thinking,good strategy by Monk.

As I said this season the FUCup is not that important.Europa is a bit of glamorous,prestigious adventure for the club but nothing more than that,we re not going to win it.

Number one aim is to consolidate our standing in the Prem,that is a no brainer.

I m glad he put out a second rate team and rotated yesterday. To pick up another poxy injury in the qualifiers this season is just not worth the risk especially as it s so tight in the league ATM.

Bollox to the cup this season lets get behind Michu And Bony now and finish the job and look forward to many years in the top flight with all the riches that brings.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 888 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 23:57 - Feb 16 by JackFish

"Is the Europa League really that much more important than the world’s oldest knock-out ­competition?"

Umm yes, I'd say for a small club like us it is because the opportunity to compete in Europe doesn't come around very often.

Would have loved to seen a stronger team today but definitely third on our list of priorities this season.

I agree, competing in Europe is more important than the F.A Cup. Anyone can play in the F.A cup, just have to fill out some forms to enter.

It's not so easy to get to play in Europe.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:38 - Feb 17 with 875 viewsFar_Post

What a lazy piece of journalism. Utter rubbish.

Every team in the Premier League prioritises certain competitions, it is not as if we put out 11 players from our youth team yesterday. They were all senior players, granted it was not our first XI but players like Canas, Amat, Pablo, JDG, Routledge, Taylor have racked up a fair amount of game time this season. We were also well in the game for 55 minutes and it was far from a stroll for Everton.

Blog: The C Word

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 851 viewsSpratty

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:31 - Feb 17 by Bloodyhills

I agree, competing in Europe is more important than the F.A Cup. Anyone can play in the F.A cup, just have to fill out some forms to enter.

It's not so easy to get to play in Europe.

Totally agree

How do you qualify for Europe again Ummmmmm .......

Oh that's right - runner up in the FA cup likely do it
Swansea shame the FA Cup on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 849 viewsperchrockjack

Its simple lack of respect. It seems some still see us as not really worthy to be in PL and frankly listening to the endless fawning over the big clubs by Laudrup I can see why.

We ve come a long way to get where we are and have been right at the bottom of the well now we re climbed out at are looking down at many of the so called big clubs like Leeds and the basket cases that are Sheffield clubs.

We should actually be looking down on the likes of Man City and Chelsea who have been rescued by bored billionaires looking for a new toy to play play. Personally I have complete contempt for these clubs .

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 13:19 - Feb 17 with 790 viewsAndy1300

It's ok for Man Utd to not enter at all though.....fecking ejits.

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 789 viewsDarran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 13:19 - Feb 17 by Andy1300

It's ok for Man Utd to not enter at all though.....fecking ejits.

I don't understand why that keeps getting used as an argument when the FA told them to go to Brazil instead.

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:01 - Feb 17 with 731 viewsCatullus

Monk's only mistake was not putting Bony and Dyer on at half time. We could have won it with those two on. Vasquez just needs sending back. Feel a bit sorry for him but that's the truth.
The mirror can shove it. One eyed journo's typing more rubbish than a Cardiff team sheet!!
Roy Keane can shove it too. A great player but a dirty one, a useless manager and not a very nice person either, I reckon. To have him call us shameful is irony of the highest order.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:12 - Feb 17 with 716 viewscrackerjack

If the FA Cup is still so prestigious, then maybe the FA should award a Champions League place for the winner and revert to the final being the last game of the season.......

...... but they won't.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:41 - Feb 17 with 693 viewsmonmouth

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:12 - Feb 17 by crackerjack

If the FA Cup is still so prestigious, then maybe the FA should award a Champions League place for the winner and revert to the final being the last game of the season.......

...... but they won't.

I'd love that. Much better than the scabby fourth place team entering the 'champions league'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:45 - Feb 17 with 685 viewsDarran

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:12 - Feb 17 by crackerjack

...... but they won't.

Are they able to do that then?

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 15:10 - Feb 17 with 662 viewsjackharris

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:45 - Feb 17 by Darran

Are they able to do that then?

Yes they are allowed to do that! It should have been done a long time ago.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 18:01 - Feb 17 with 621 viewsDyfnant

Swansea shame the FA Cup on 14:41 - Feb 17 by monmouth

I'd love that. Much better than the scabby fourth place team entering the 'champions league'.

Teams finishing 4th, 5th & 6th in the Prem should go into a playoff with the FA cup winners. Prize being the final Champions league spot

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024