Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats more important to you 00:41 - Feb 18 with 2950 viewsSCB1985

Poll: whats more important to you

whats more important to you on 00:42 - Feb 18 with 2941 viewslovejuicejack

Daddy or chips
whats more important to you on 00:43 - Feb 18 with 2937 viewsSCB1985

Coke or pepsi?

whats more important to you on 00:44 - Feb 18 with 2932 viewslovejuicejack

Minge or bullet hole
whats more important to you on 00:57 - Feb 18 with 2912 viewsSwansNZ

so, are we back in the FA cup?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

whats more important to you on 01:01 - Feb 18 with 2905 viewsscottishjack

whats more important to you on 00:57 - Feb 18 by SwansNZ

whats more important to you on 09:21 - Feb 18 with 2788 viewsbuilthjack

Has to be the league now!!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

whats more important to you on 10:30 - Feb 18 with 2735 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 00:57 - Feb 18 by SwansNZ

No we lost to Everton mate. Just asked the
'hypothetical ' question as lot of people still banging on about the fa cup.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 10:32]

whats more important to you on 10:49 - Feb 18 with 2699 viewsStarsky

What a pointless question.
My choice could have been to win the cup(s) and stay up.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

whats more important to you on 11:01 - Feb 18 with 2668 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 10:49 - Feb 18 by Starsky

What a pointless question.
My choice could have been to win the cup(s) and stay up.

Not a pointless question as you seemed to give your own answer. I was just trying to point out that the fa cup could of been an huge distraction. Personally I'm kind of glad we out but gutted that this year could of been an easier route to final. We got Europa we should get on with that and the league of course, the fa cup was another distraction

whats more important to you on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 2659 viewsStarsky

whats more important to you on 11:01 - Feb 18 by SCB1985

Not a pointless question as you seemed to give your own answer. I was just trying to point out that the fa cup could of been an huge distraction. Personally I'm kind of glad we out but gutted that this year could of been an easier route to final. We got Europa we should get on with that and the league of course, the fa cup was another distraction

The question would have been more apt if you'd listed the choices as Europa or Premier.
My answer would have been... again... both.

It's just the internet, init.

whats more important to you on 11:26 - Feb 18 with 2625 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 11:03 - Feb 18 by Starsky

The question would have been more apt if you'd listed the choices as Europa or Premier.
My answer would have been... again... both.

Anybody would take both. But I simply wanted to now what was more important to people between 2 scenarios. That if cup success meant relegation or losing a cup game then sitting well in the league.

whats more important to you on 12:26 - Feb 18 with 2583 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There will be another FA Cup next year and hopefully we will have an even stronger squad next year to take advantage of it.
Whereas if we went down how many of our great players would we lose?
whats more important to you on 12:43 - Feb 18 with 2556 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 12:26 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

There will be another FA Cup next year and hopefully we will have an even stronger squad next year to take advantage of it.
Whereas if we went down how many of our great players would we lose?

Exactly, fa cup comes every year. The more established we get the more the cups can be fought for. Our squad can get stronger and deeper to cope with the demands. This year we are overworked, personally I find Europa more important than the fa cup, it gives us more exposure, I don't care about tradition. I think we can survive and concentrate on 1 cup only. My cup choice would of been Europa any way.

whats more important to you on 12:48 - Feb 18 with 2542 viewsJokeren1943

Would be more interesting to ask

Win the Europa League

or

Premier league survival

But still people would be stupid to pick anything els but Premier league survival.
whats more important to you on 12:55 - Feb 18 with 2524 viewsscottishjack

whats more important to you on 12:48 - Feb 18 by Jokeren1943

Win the Europa League

or

Premier league survival

But still people would be stupid to pick anything els but Premier league survival.

I would absolutely take a European trophy... If that makes me stupid then so be it.
whats more important to you on 12:57 - Feb 18 with 2520 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 12:48 - Feb 18 by Jokeren1943

Win the Europa League

or

Premier league survival

Prem survival for me, you can't get a crack at Euro qualification if you not in premier league, unless your sheff utd and by a freak of results you qualify via fa cup. But yeah some people like the cups too much and they don't care what the consequences are.

whats more important to you on 15:10 - Feb 18 with 2423 views_Kieran

#1 - Premier League, by a mile.

#2 - Europa League KO games against teams like Napoli.

#3 - Keeping players fit.

#4 - The FA Cup tie at Everton.

Sunday the 16th, 1:00.

G to the Monk knew the score (Once again, this LAD is insane.)

At least he can do midfields, LEON - ALLEN - DOBBIE. Mark it down Brandon! At least he got the message in the end, next story we're in the Premier League.

P.s - Has anyone heard Darren Crapley's name since he bailed on us? I could not believe it when we were allegedly prepared to make him the highest paid player at the club, an injured LEON was worth double him at all times, like the defence (Monk (c) + the captain of Wales and current on field leader Ashley)

Meanwhile what's DDV doing? I 'liked' him at least he had a tidy attitude. He went to Forest, didn't he? Has he played? He didn't play a game at Wolves except for when they lost 6-0 in the cup.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 15:32]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

whats more important to you on 15:15 - Feb 18 with 2413 views_Kieran

Michael Laudrup picked 'half a team' at Birmingham (A decision I also agreed with), after picking the 'A-Team' in the glamour game at OT. Did he take any pelters for the team selection or didn't it matter because we won? (Against a crap team, may I add)

Bit odd, the inconsistency.

Rest assured, the priorities would had been discussed between GM + HJ. For this season only, f*ck the FA Cup. If we had a bigger squad and/or no game against Napoli coming up I'd agree with the dissenters.

GARRY MONKS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

EDIT - At least the majority are with the blue team, RED is a minging colour anyway.

DOUBLE EDIT - You could replace FA Cup with the much bigger (at this point, for us) Europa League and I'd answer the same.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 15:33]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

whats more important to you on 16:06 - Feb 18 with 2369 viewsNaughty71

The problem with football today, is the money involved in both the Premier League and the Champions League. The cash that can be generated by being involved in these two competitions is astronomical. The money that you need to keep players who want to be involved in these competitions is astronomical.

It doesn't matter what the fans want their football team to do or be involved in, the aim of teams is to reach either of these two competitions. This will be to the detriment of any other football, so the club's priorities will always to maximise cash into the coffers. This means that Premier League survival is first on the list. For those clubs that can afford the best players, top 4 is a must. Without top 4, there is no Champions League, and no lure for big money players to come to your team.

For the rest of us, it is a bun fight to stay in the league no matter what.

F.A cup? If you have enough points in the league, yeah, go for it. Europa? Same. League Cup? No-one inside the top 8 gives a t*ss about this competition.

So basically every club that realistically has no chance of getting top 4, prioritises the cash flow, and that means Premier League survival.

I want my team to compete to it's best ability in every competition it is involved in and try to win it. Strongest team out EVERY time.

Is it up to me to make this happen? Nope. Cash is King. F.A cup gets pushed down the list, same with the League cup and to a certain extent Europa. EVERYTHING is riding on staying up, and no matter what you or I think, the club will do anything to stay in the top league even if it means putting out a vastly changed side in the cup to save the best players for the priorities.

This year for us is Premier League survival and Europa league. Monks will definitely have a good go at Napoli, who knows if we'll ever be in Europe again? But make no mistake, he will have one eye on the league as both this clubs recent success and his job absolutely depend on staying up.

Sad, but there it is, the race for glory always ends up in a sordid money grab, as the increased cash from TV rights and Euro games almost forces teams to over stretch finances to stay in touching distance of the golden number of 40 points. It's all that matters any more.

Cash not glory. Sad days.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

whats more important to you on 19:03 - Feb 18 with 2306 viewsPlasticman

whats more important to you on 15:15 - Feb 18 by _Kieran

Michael Laudrup picked 'half a team' at Birmingham (A decision I also agreed with), after picking the 'A-Team' in the glamour game at OT. Did he take any pelters for the team selection or didn't it matter because we won? (Against a crap team, may I add)

Bit odd, the inconsistency.

Rest assured, the priorities would had been discussed between GM + HJ. For this season only, f*ck the FA Cup. If we had a bigger squad and/or no game against Napoli coming up I'd agree with the dissenters.

GARRY MONKS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

EDIT - At least the majority are with the blue team, RED is a minging colour anyway.

DOUBLE EDIT - You could replace FA Cup with the much bigger (at this point, for us) Europa League and I'd answer the same.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 15:33]

regarding the team selection, I'm am going to make a wild guess and think it had to do something with the opposition he was sizing.

"don't do more than needs to be done" and all that.

Plastic since 2012

whats more important to you on 19:08 - Feb 18 with 2292 viewsLiam12345

who ever the three that voted FA cup are own up

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

whats more important to you on 19:14 - Feb 18 with 2271 views_Kieran

whats more important to you on 19:03 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

regarding the team selection, I'm am going to make a wild guess and think it had to do something with the opposition he was sizing.

"don't do more than needs to be done" and all that.

''7 games in 21 days''

I stand by his team selection, as I would have if ML was in charge.

whats more important to you on 19:15 - Feb 18 with 2269 viewsLeonisGod

whats more important to you on 11:01 - Feb 18 by SCB1985

But then it might not have been a distraction. Our best form this year in the league was when we were playing the European qualifying rounds.
whats more important to you on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 2157 viewsSCB1985

whats more important to you on 19:15 - Feb 18 by LeonisGod

But then it might not have been a distraction. Our best form this year in the league was when we were playing the European qualifying rounds.

If our best form was when we were playing the group Euro games, then that could be down to i
t being the begining of the seasons and no other cups to think about. I want us to beat napoli tho. One cup is enough we not world beaters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024