Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last nights 'game' 18:10 - Nov 3 with 2051 viewsReedy

With many threads already on here about last nights rather farcical proceedings at Spotland, I want to shed some light on what happened.

When the rain started falling at about midday the pitch was taking water brilliantly, as it did to up until between 5 and 5:30, when it started holding in certain areas of the pitch. Work then began to try and remove as much water as possible off the pitch and to the sides of the pitch, but the water was falling faster than we could get it off.

The referee gave it every chance, and at one stage the rain completely stopped, and the turnstiles were subsequently opened, in the hope that the rain would hold off and we would get a game on.

When the fans starting coming through the turnstiles, the rain again started to pour, and pour, and pour. I can honestly say I’ve never, ever been as wet as what I was last night, it was unreal.

Once the stands were filling up, the referee pretty much had to start the game, because there would have been even more uproar if there was no football what so ever.

The referee gave it every chance, but the rain was torrential and wouldn’t stop. I haven’t yet read a post blaming the ground staff, but if any of you even think about doing that, you need to take a look at yourself (Oldham or Dale fan) because we did all we could and more!

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024