Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes 20:39 - Mar 2 with 10095 viewsJackfath

Why?

Who is going to come on here tonight and explain?

Yes, I know you pay your money and you can do what you like.
Yes, I know I shouldn't let it bother me.
Yes, I know it has nothing to do with me.
Yes, I know I should be watching the game.

But, what's your excuse for not supporting your team for 90+ minutes after they performed so heroically in Italy a few days ago. Some people really need to take stock and think what it is they are watching in front of them because it wont last forever.

Having said that, neither will your "support" I guess.

#stayforthe90

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:37 - Mar 3 with 2027 viewsStarsky

Another fecking moaning thread.
I guess it's alright for the lads that drink in the bar before and after half time though?
...and getting to their seat 10 minutes after kick off?
# for the pissheads

It's just the internet, init.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:38 - Mar 3 with 2025 viewsAl_Bundy

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:27 - Mar 3 by Catullus

I parked over by Lytes Ladders. I left on full time and was home about 20 minutes later. it took me around fifteen minutes to walk to the car and around 5 to drive back up to the house.
Maybe if more people car shared, used the buses and trains and actually accepted that when nigh on 20000 people leave a sports ground, there will be heavy traffic and hold ups.
It is true our infrastructure needs work though. Shutting off a whole length of dual carriageway after a game is just crazy.

When i got back to the car park everything was stationary.

We could learn a lot from Stoke City. Their ground is in a similar environment to us and what they do is turn the two way roads into a one way system which got everybody out very quickly on to the principal A roads. Its a bit bit of a loop but its effective.
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 14:33 - Mar 3 with 1973 viewsBravoJack

Thinly veiled...

IMO
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 14:54 - Mar 3 with 1945 viewsWantagejack

We left after the final whistle, soaking wet from being in the 3rd row of the Lower East. Walked up Siloh back to the car off Eaton Road in Brynhyfryd, to find some 'kind' person had removed both my front windscreen wipers. 140-mile drive home in the rain without any wipers was not much fun. Please PM me if anyone knows of a windscreen wiper thief operating in the Brynhyfryd area...
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 1945 viewsJesusJack

What I don't get about the whole leaving early is, all (or at least the majority) of those who go to the game presumably enjoy football, for all of it's thrills and spills.
Now, the last 5-10 minutes are normally the most crucial in a match. The most tense and exciting moments of the game normally come at the end of the game (particularly for us lol).

It's comparable, for me, to going to the cinema and leaving before finding out what happens to the killer.

I know some people have mobility problems and that is fair enough, but I have never fathomed why anyone in their right mind and good health would ever park so close to any venue that will obviously have a traffic nightmare occur at the end.
Whenever I have taken the car, I park opposite the Commercial. A 10 minute walk from the stadium and by the time I get there, the traffic has died down enough to drive home with no problems. I'd rather that than sit in traffic for 10 minutes.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 15:13 - Mar 3 with 1920 viewsperchrockjack

COUNTRYFILE was on

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:00 - Mar 3 with 1876 viewsBanosswan

My wife actually rang me and asked where i was. When i replied the game was still going she said "oh, there's hundreds of people walking past ".

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:16 - Mar 3 with 1865 viewsJackfath

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:38 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

When i got back to the car park everything was stationary.

We could learn a lot from Stoke City. Their ground is in a similar environment to us and what they do is turn the two way roads into a one way system which got everybody out very quickly on to the principal A roads. Its a bit bit of a loop but its effective.

Been saying this for a while.

I would like a two lane road from the entrance to KFC/Parc Morfa going up passed the Tennis centre. Two lanes out from the Car park there and Morrisons/official parking. There is room for it. A few cones out and signs and hey presto, double the movement of traffic up to the roundabout where traffic disperses and is free flowing.

As for those slating me on here. Do one as you know I am clearly right, and you can see people are starting to recognise you're in the wrong.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 19:43 - Mar 3 with 1826 viewsStarsky

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:16 - Mar 3 by Jackfath

I would like a two lane road from the entrance to KFC/Parc Morfa going up passed the Tennis centre. Two lanes out from the Car park there and Morrisons/official parking. There is room for it. A few cones out and signs and hey presto, double the movement of traffic up to the roundabout where traffic disperses and is free flowing.

As for those slating me on here. Do one as you know I am clearly right, and you can see people are starting to recognise you're in the wrong.

I don't care what other people do.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 20:12 - Mar 3 with 1813 viewsshingle

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:30 - Mar 3 by Oldjack

I hope you all realize The Doc is the biggest wind up merchant on here ,you shouldn't take any notice of him mun ,he was more than likely watching his first love ,rugger somewhere

He is also one of the easiest posters to wind up on here as well. poor guy nearly had a breakdown over the young lad who give him a slap story.
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 12:27 - Mar 4 with 1743 viewsDewi1jack

People who leave early for a good reason (illness, public transport links and times (which are cr@p!) work etc) cannot be included in this sort of debate.
The public transport operators do need to get their act together, for fans all over the UK (but that's a different debate.)
I know I'll get abuse for this opinion but I suppose the rest who leave early demonstrate the difference between fans/ supporters and customers.
Fans/ supporters will stay and try to gee the team up to get to the final whistle, hopefully pulling a result out of the bag.
Customers will leave because they're bored, wet or some other inane reason.
It is embarrassing to see any stadium emptying long before the end of a game.
But hey ho. You pay your money, it's your choice.
Just didn't know we had gained so many customers since hitting the PL.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 12:41 - Mar 4 with 1734 viewsLeonisGod

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 14:55 - Mar 3 by JesusJack

What I don't get about the whole leaving early is, all (or at least the majority) of those who go to the game presumably enjoy football, for all of it's thrills and spills.
Now, the last 5-10 minutes are normally the most crucial in a match. The most tense and exciting moments of the game normally come at the end of the game (particularly for us lol).

It's comparable, for me, to going to the cinema and leaving before finding out what happens to the killer.

I know some people have mobility problems and that is fair enough, but I have never fathomed why anyone in their right mind and good health would ever park so close to any venue that will obviously have a traffic nightmare occur at the end.
Whenever I have taken the car, I park opposite the Commercial. A 10 minute walk from the stadium and by the time I get there, the traffic has died down enough to drive home with no problems. I'd rather that than sit in traffic for 10 minutes.

This^. I could drive but chose to get the bus in / walk back into town because I want to see the whole match. I suppose I'm lucky in that I live no more than about 5 miles away, but i bet plenty drive and leave early who live closer. It's their call. But I think we pay plenty for the tickets, so I'll be buggered if I'm going to miss a second of play

The infrastructure is poor though and we'll struggle with a bigger capacity. The most obvious thing to do, although costly, would be to put a halt stop on the rail next to the stadium. Better parking for those coming in from the motorway would help. And they need to work on the log jam that is the Hafod. Why the feck they don't use the bus relief road for evening and Sunday matches is beyond me. No point having it if they are not going to use it. Oh, and more buses at start and end would be nice. it's not as if its' a great surprise that there will be higher demand. Getting back into town is almost impossible - they should have 10 buses lined up ready to go.
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 12:53 - Mar 4 with 1724 viewsJackhero

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 14:54 - Mar 3 by Wantagejack

We left after the final whistle, soaking wet from being in the 3rd row of the Lower East. Walked up Siloh back to the car off Eaton Road in Brynhyfryd, to find some 'kind' person had removed both my front windscreen wipers. 140-mile drive home in the rain without any wipers was not much fun. Please PM me if anyone knows of a windscreen wiper thief operating in the Brynhyfryd area...

That's shocking, maybe if you had left 10 minutes earlier you would have caught the wiper thief

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 1677 viewsjacksinceever

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 13:00 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

I parked on that industrial estate behind the South Stand yesterday. If i left on 84 minutes i might of got out of Swansea at 6.15 last night. I stayed until the whistle then went to the club shop (why the feck is a club shop not open after the final whistle of a home match even for a short while is beyond me) then walked back to the car and was gridlocked until 7.20 then got out of Swansea getting home at 11pm. And we are thinking of ground expansion !? we can't even cope infrastructure wise with what we already have and last night there wasn't even any shoppers.

Yes I know it takes me about that long to get to Skewen most games
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:29 - Mar 4 with 1673 viewsJackfath

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 20:12 - Mar 3 by shingle

He is also one of the easiest posters to wind up on here as well. poor guy nearly had a breakdown over the young lad who give him a slap story.

You mean the story you made up to try to wind me up and we then made to look a complete and utter fool when you backtracked?

Fair play, takes a "special" kind of WUM to attempt to bring up something like that.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:36 - Mar 4 with 1645 viewsBravoJack

Where do you park/live?
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:38 - Mar 4 with 1642 viewsJackfath

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:36 - Mar 4 by BravoJack

Where do you park/live?

Morrisons.
SA6.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:41 - Mar 4 with 1641 viewsshingle

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 17:29 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

You mean the story you made up to try to wind me up and we then made to look a complete and utter fool when you backtracked?

Fair play, takes a "special" kind of WUM to attempt to bring up something like that.

Oh dear you are off on one again, your head was wrecked and you still have not got over it.
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:42 - Mar 4 with 1634 viewsJackfath

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:41 - Mar 4 by shingle

Oh dear you are off on one again, your head was wrecked and you still have not got over it.

Yeah. I haven't slept since.

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 19:08 - Mar 4 with 1623 viewspansypants

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 19:43 - Mar 3 by Starsky

I don't care what other people do.

Don't you? I think I'll roast your missus then

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 21:02 - Mar 4 with 1583 viewsStarsky

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 19:08 - Mar 4 by pansypants

Don't you? I think I'll roast your missus then

Yeah, just tell her your username when you call round.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2014 21:02]

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 1571 viewspansypants

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 21:02 - Mar 4 by Starsky

Yeah, just tell her your username when you call round.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2014 21:02]

Thank you.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 21:34 - Mar 4 with 1550 viewsJackFish

I don't understand why they close the roads around the stadium, but still allow traffic to come up the dual carriageway by the park & ride only to have to turn around again and join the queue of traffic leaving the game! It would make much more sense to have four lanes of traffic heading down towards the roundabout over the river, allowing the P&R to empty from both sides as well.

In the other direction, a few police or stewards to direct traffic down by Dyfatty lights would get the traffic moving through Hafod so much quicker and avoid all the delays at the moment.

This sort of things is what the clubs' travel plan should have included, not nonsense like trying to get 20% of people to cycle to matches.

Leeds do this and it works really well, four lanes of traffic all going away from the ground means it clears much faster.
FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 21:40 - Mar 4 with 1547 viewsScoobyWho

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 20:41 - Mar 2 by treboethjack

You could also add to this where was the support for the team when the palace fans were quite easily out singing us even at 1-0.

Very tired after Italy maybe ? they didn't really out sing us, they may have but who cares ? Is making a noise important to you ? Is shouting the way you get along ? Why is it important ? If it is what are you doing about it ? Do i care ? No, maybe yes, possibly.

So, we earned a point but had three denied us by a ref yet again,that's four good points lost at the hands of refs this season at home to non penalties. Add that to our failure to win a number of games, and this is where the importance of being a swans fans starts. I will add also that Bony is bordering on fecking useless at times.

Not by being noisy, he cant pass a ball to save himself, although i too like noise, except my youngest who screams very loud indeed.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 08:26 - Mar 5 with 1499 viewsshingle

FAO Those who left at 84 minutes on 18:42 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

Yeah. I haven't slept since.

Who is saying you have not slept, the fact is a harmless story was made up in jest and it done your head in, all we got from you were messages and posts of this did not happen or come on prove it then, and plenty of name calling of course, the so called forum wind up merchant was in a right state, and by the way i`m still getting you to bite, you again seem to be getting worked up a bit.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 8:26]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024