Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't ask much more against 8 men 21:50 - Mar 7 with 3785 viewsFrog

Much as I've supported Donnely over the season he was completely anonymous along with his namesake Porter. At age 50 I think I could have made more than an impact than they did. Please put Bunney in next time Keith.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:25 - Mar 8 with 808 viewsSaxonDale

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:04 - Mar 8 by Daley_Lama

The first post I read on here tonight and it is a GD bashing one.

1. I am never surprised in this life
2. I nearly am, as I normally agree with thee Froggy

I thought GD played the second half very well, he stuck close to Vincetti for our outlet, he won a few headers against Fatty Mills, he was god forbid honest and didn't go down when he was pulled back as we all saw.

I also usually agree with Frog but unfortunately can't on this one. Donnelly ran himself into the ground, managing somehow to keep an entire Bury defence on their toes meaning at no point could bURY entirely commit.

First game I've managed to watch since Leeds and was impressed with the maturity of the performance. Mentally the squad has grown incredibly since the start of the season and you can see the improvement made both by individual players and the team as a whole. I would've happily taken the point yesterday and even more so following Henderson's ridiculous sending off. Was the first given for handball or kicking the ball away? Terrible decision, absolutely rubbish.

I can't really single out any outfield player as I thought we defended superbly as a team in general. Lillis was absolutely superb and I'm delighted for him. The saves he's made over the last 2 games could be the difference between 3rd and 4th. Our ability to grind out results this season for me is what makes this team so special. We had no right to get a point tonight having gone down to 10 men but strangely I always felt confident, well done team Rochdale!
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:28 - Mar 8 with 791 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:22 - Mar 8 by Daley_Lama

I saw him from behind the net with my sight blotted by a blue stupid flare.

Porter went down twice and lept up like Lazarus, the views from opposition fans when we got him mentioned this, personally I don't like John Coleman tactics.

He did however look quite intelligent, when we did break he ran the gap between full-back and CH well and looked nippy too. It only went there once, the rest of the time it was pinged to Vinvetti's noggin.

I'm very much a non-basher no matter what and the fact that we matched them tonight with ten men and got a decent point will do for me.

I bow to your eye witness account, never one to criticize too harshly as I watched them in the early 80's so it's all good now!
Fingers crossed it keeps going the way it has............
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:33 - Mar 8 with 778 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:25 - Mar 8 by SaxonDale

I also usually agree with Frog but unfortunately can't on this one. Donnelly ran himself into the ground, managing somehow to keep an entire Bury defence on their toes meaning at no point could bURY entirely commit.

First game I've managed to watch since Leeds and was impressed with the maturity of the performance. Mentally the squad has grown incredibly since the start of the season and you can see the improvement made both by individual players and the team as a whole. I would've happily taken the point yesterday and even more so following Henderson's ridiculous sending off. Was the first given for handball or kicking the ball away? Terrible decision, absolutely rubbish.

I can't really single out any outfield player as I thought we defended superbly as a team in general. Lillis was absolutely superb and I'm delighted for him. The saves he's made over the last 2 games could be the difference between 3rd and 4th. Our ability to grind out results this season for me is what makes this team so special. We had no right to get a point tonight having gone down to 10 men but strangely I always felt confident, well done team Rochdale!

Completely agree about Lillis, was superb and as I've replied to Lama only saw the game on TV so my view is in slow motion and not a live view as I would have liked. Don't try to be negative as I'm a Daley through and through.
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:34 - Mar 8 with 776 viewsDaley_Lama

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:28 - Mar 8 by Frog

I bow to your eye witness account, never one to criticize too harshly as I watched them in the early 80's so it's all good now!
Fingers crossed it keeps going the way it has............

I guess we're similar ages then and therefore why we are normally similar opinions.

The early 80's. Yuck!

Poll: DF in or out

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:36 - Mar 8 with 766 viewsFrog

Can't ask much more against 8 men on 00:34 - Mar 8 by Daley_Lama

I guess we're similar ages then and therefore why we are normally similar opinions.

The early 80's. Yuck!

Ahh, when Steve Taylor was a god, Thommo flew down the wing and the pitch was mud with a a bit of lime on top!
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 06:44 - Mar 8 with 715 viewsseasidedale

Thought GD worked his socks off and cause the Bury defenders loads of trouble, thought Porter started well but seemed to drop back deeper into midfield and became quiet, has a lot of pace and will be useful I think
Can't ask much more against 8 men on 06:53 - Mar 8 with 708 viewspnc4eva1

The two Georges did well in my opinion.

Georgie D was a thorn in the side of the Bury defence and made their centre halves know they'd been in a game. Porter came on with a difficult role to play. He didn't put himself about like GD but still occupied their left back and left sided midfielder.

The real problem in the game was the terrible referee and his bizarre decisions. Henderson's sending off was weak for the second booking. Bury's 29 constantly tripped, pushed and fouled his way through the game yet remained unpunished
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 6:57]

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024