Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best goal scored by a Swans player 18:26 - Mar 8 with 10939 viewsdgt73

For me its Andy legg's goal v stoke. Anyone with a better goal that that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:33 - Mar 8 with 2150 viewsplannerjack

Chopper Harris at the Vetch was one of my favourites. The one when he run done the left wing (from his own half) beat about three/four opponents and slotted it past the keeper. Cannot remember the opponents though. I think we won 2-1. It may have been in the fa cup,
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:37 - Mar 8 with 2133 viewsNewhousemustscore

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:33 - Mar 8 by plannerjack

Chopper Harris at the Vetch was one of my favourites. The one when he run done the left wing (from his own half) beat about three/four opponents and slotted it past the keeper. Cannot remember the opponents though. I think we won 2-1. It may have been in the fa cup,

Apart from seeing it live I've never seen the mark harris goal since. It's not often you see a centre half waltzing through an entire team.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:43 - Mar 8 with 2120 viewsplannerjack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:37 - Mar 8 by Newhousemustscore

Apart from seeing it live I've never seen the mark harris goal since. It's not often you see a centre half waltzing through an entire team.

Any idea who we were playing that day?
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:45 - Mar 8 with 2114 viewstylagarwjack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:43 - Mar 8 by plannerjack

Any idea who we were playing that day?

It was Stoke late in 1990-91 season. We won 2-1.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:47 - Mar 8 with 2108 viewsplannerjack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:45 - Mar 8 by tylagarwjack

It was Stoke late in 1990-91 season. We won 2-1.

Thanks for that.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:53 - Mar 8 with 2098 viewsLiberty

Best Trundle v Yeovil.

Most important James Thomas v Hull

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:06 - Mar 8 with 2073 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Gary Stanley v Man City was a cracker.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:08 - Mar 8 with 2069 viewsNewhousemustscore

My favourite trundle goal is not Yeovil or Carlisle. I love his goal against Preston in the cup. 99% of strikers would have headed a ball received just outside the 6 yard box. Only lord lee would think of of chesting it and then volleying it cos, to quote the man himself, "it looks better on tv ".
Login to get fewer ads

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:16 - Mar 8 with 2058 viewsRancid

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:06 - Mar 8 by OhRobbieRobbie

Gary Stanley v Man City was a cracker.

Yep that was great too.Man City had a black keeper Alex Williams in goal that day.I can remember it being mentioned in the paper and maybe MOTD.Shows how long ago it was and such a deal.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:07 - Mar 8 with 1996 viewstreboethjack

I remember Scotland scoring a decent one V Bristol Rovers at the Lib. Not in the same bracket as the others mind but I remember a cracking finish. Think it may have been his second in a 2-0 win although I could be wrong.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:11 - Mar 8 with 1988 viewsDarran

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:07 - Mar 8 by treboethjack

I remember Scotland scoring a decent one V Bristol Rovers at the Lib. Not in the same bracket as the others mind but I remember a cracking finish. Think it may have been his second in a 2-0 win although I could be wrong.

We were losing 2-0 and came back to draw 2-2 with two from JS,Easter Monday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:19 - Mar 8 with 1978 viewsRancid

Here's the Max Thompson goal I was on about.I thought it was a corner but it was a free kick from Jimmy.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:22 - Mar 8 with 1975 viewsDewi1jack

Max Thompson V Arsenal
Trunds V Carlisle for the LDV/ unnamed cup
Ferrie V Preston
Joey Allen at Onion park. Wish dean had been hit with a baseball bat though!
Jimmy Gilligan in a league cup? game, early 90's against Spurs (I think) about 30 yards out
This could be a long list

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:26 - Mar 8 with 1965 viewsUxbridge

That Trundle goal vs Yeovil wasn't even that good. Great vision of course but the ball bounced in the 6 yard box and the keeper made a bit of a mess of it. He scored a dozen better than that down here, especially that volley in the JPT.

My personal fave was Johnny Coates' at Orient. 40 yard howitzer. That'd still be travelling now if the net wasn't there. That season he was invincible. Oh what could have been.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:30 - Mar 8 with 1959 viewsNeathJack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:33 - Mar 8 by plannerjack

Same here.

It was a simply astonishing goal completely out of character with the player.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:33 - Mar 8 with 1903 viewstreboethjack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:11 - Mar 8 by Darran

We were losing 2-0 and came back to draw 2-2 with two from JS,Easter Monday.

ah, cheers. Remember his scoring 2. Wasn't his other goal from a tight angle too?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:35 - Mar 8 with 1898 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1st any goal v Cardiff red dragons
2nd Bodde v Preston
3rd Stanley v City

Although Andy Robinson's free kick against Preston was a cracker .
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 21:43]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:37 - Mar 8 with 1896 viewsDarran

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:33 - Mar 8 by treboethjack

ah, cheers. Remember his scoring 2. Wasn't his other goal from a tight angle too?

His other was definitely a close ranger.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:58 - Mar 8 with 1873 viewsScoobyWho

Steve Jenkins away at Exeter when they switched the lights out.
Game called off.
Best ever, stunning strike.

Failing that Garry Stanley v Man City 1981 / 82 season.
Goal of the season ?

Just read the thread, 25 yards out ? I don't think so. More like 35.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 22:00]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:58 - Mar 8 with 1871 viewssomersetsimon

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:19 - Mar 8 by Rancid

Here's the Max Thompson goal I was on about.I thought it was a corner but it was a free kick from Jimmy.

Although lots of players occasionally cross the ball with the outside of their foot, I've seen any player do it so often and so well as Jimmy. How many players would even attempt to cross a dead ball from the left wing with the outside of their right foot?
The best goal scored by a Swans player (n/t) on 22:01 - Mar 8 with 1858 viewsNeath_Jack

[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 22:02]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:02 - Mar 8 with 1855 viewsNeathJack

Honourable mention for Alan Davies' outside of the boot free kick at Ninian Park circa 1989ish.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:02 - Mar 8 with 1854 viewsNeath_Jack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:58 - Mar 8 by somersetsimon

Although lots of players occasionally cross the ball with the outside of their foot, I've seen any player do it so often and so well as Jimmy. How many players would even attempt to cross a dead ball from the left wing with the outside of their right foot?

Wayne Routledge.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:03 - Mar 8 with 1853 viewsDarran

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:58 - Mar 8 by somersetsimon

Wayne Routledge?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:03 - Mar 8 with 1851 viewstreboethjack

can't leave out one from the legend!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024