Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 16:11 - Apr 1 with 1067 viewsDavillin

IMPORTANT!

I just went back to the site to post a message that this must be an April Fools joke,and the message didn't get sent. Instead, I got a text box saying "April Fools." Ha ha.

Never mind. Sorry.

As of midnight, 1 July 2014, set your clocks ahead to 12:09:21 because the Prime Meridian has been changed from Greenich to Paris. It'll be Paris Mean Time forward.

Who the hell had this bright idea?

Read:

http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/paris-meridian-gmt-obsolete.html
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 21:12]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 16:15 - Apr 1 with 1054 viewsThursday

A large number of posters have been on PMT for a long time already.
No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 16:59 - Apr 1 with 982 viewsLord_Bony

Does this mean we don't have to feck about adjusting clocks in future if so it's a good thang.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 17:01 - Apr 1 with 972 viewsPhil_S

I wonder if they should have moved them on April 1st instead...
No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 17:02 - Apr 1 with 968 viewsSA1_Jack

Looks like some sort of April fools joke?

To be honest I would hope its true as the clock as in my car is only ever right for 6 months of the year currently.
No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 21:14 - Apr 1 with 842 viewsDavillin

No More Greenwich Mean Time as of Midnight, 1 July 2014 on 17:01 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

I wonder if they should have moved them on April 1st instead...

[And SA1 Jack's similar post. See the O.P. above for my update.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024