Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice story 02:31 - Apr 11 with 1132 viewsSonofNorfolt

I received a letter today, to my mums address, from someone my father and I used drink with about thirty years ago.
He had heard about my dad, incredibly randomly, from some Rangers supporters who he met at The Grand National last week. Somehow, someone knew someone else who knows me, (he is not Rangers BTW)
He can't remember the names of the people he met but it was enough for him to search out funeral details etc and get in touch.

I was just wondering who it was he met? I know Lambourn and his friends were up there, but I'm just wondering who it was?

His name is Phil, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was still wearing at hat, probably a trilby!

It was a nice touch.

Identify yourselves fellow 'R's.
Nice story on 06:48 - Apr 11 with 1056 viewssingapore_dave

Mel, We met once ( outside the Goldhawk drunk after the Leeds promotion party, so you won't remember ) but I met your dad a few times. All my family used to sit behind him in the South Africa Rd and my dad, mum and two brothers knew him well and we were all sad to learn of his passing.
My older brother Rob tells a story about your dad and he still says it is the funniest thing he has heard at the Rangers.
In the dark old days of league one and administration Rangers were putting in yet another inept performance and were losing comfortably. A really quiet bloke who sat near your dad and always suffered in silence finally broke when Matthew Rose hacked a ball into touch under no pressure whatsoever.He jumped up to leave and shouted out " Rose , you are awful ".
Without missing a beat your dad replied " but we like you " .Cue laughter all round and a brief respite from the frustration. ( you have to be of a certain age to get that joke )
RIP John and condolences from the Rowe family.
Nice story on 09:37 - Apr 11 with 877 viewsresurrectedlambourn

I met people from hayes i gave corporate to who mentioned Your dad perhaps them? But didn't get there names. only knew they were rangers from loftus road cufflinks i saw in the betting enclosure. Sam who flew back with me to dorset after the last race for the bournemout piss up was it you bud?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024