Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? 21:31 - May 2 with 1447 viewsTNT

Would you rather finish eighth this season with no European football...

... or 10th / 12th with our European involvement?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:35 - May 2 with 1435 viewsItchySphincter

After the season we've had I'd be happy to take on European football again. Lessons have been learned this year and maybe we could approach it differently but it's a small members' club and a great sense of achievement. Eighth would be great too bit winning a cup would be better.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:36 - May 2 with 1430 viewsPhil_S

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:35 - May 2 by ItchySphincter

After the season we've had I'd be happy to take on European football again. Lessons have been learned this year and maybe we could approach it differently but it's a small members' club and a great sense of achievement. Eighth would be great too bit winning a cup would be better.

What he said
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:38 - May 2 with 1427 viewsmarchamjack

finish 8th every year defintiely

stay in the Prem

NO EUROPE

no excitement

never win anything or try to

just finish 8th every year and stay in the Prem

mid table is where its at

end of thread

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:39 - May 2 with 1420 viewsadamswan

Heart says, finish as high as possible. Head says, Europe is maybe too big a task for our squad at the moment, and hopefully we can consolidate our position in the premier league for now.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:39 - May 2 with 1418 viewsPhil_S

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:38 - May 2 by marchamjack

finish 8th every year defintiely

stay in the Prem

NO EUROPE

no excitement

never win anything or try to

just finish 8th every year and stay in the Prem

mid table is where its at

end of thread

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:43 - May 2 with 1405 viewsTNT

What would a Southampton fan say in response to this question, I wonder?

As a Swans fan, I think I would have been envious of watching Southampton on TV in Malmo, Valencia, Napoli et al, and earning huge respect in football circles along the way.

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:54 - May 2 with 1381 viewsGlyn1

Mid table safety every season, earning a bit more money but without any glory. Happy to settle for mediocrity providing it means that there is nothing to worry about after February.

Or testing yourself against better sides in Europe but with an increased chance of relegation.

Please give me Europe every time.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 22:25 - May 2 with 1346 viewsTNT

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 21:54 - May 2 by Glyn1

Mid table safety every season, earning a bit more money but without any glory. Happy to settle for mediocrity providing it means that there is nothing to worry about after February.

Or testing yourself against better sides in Europe but with an increased chance of relegation.

Please give me Europe every time.

I agree.

As much as I've envied watching Southampton this season (I think their best football has been on a par with ours in recent seasons), I'm sure they will have envied us winning The League Cup and enjoying our European adventure.

Having said that, were they to win The League Cup next season, would their fans be content with flirting with relegation as part of the package?

Login to get fewer ads

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 03:33 - May 3 with 1244 viewsHighjack

Yeah next time we get to a major cup final or look like finishing high in the league we should deliberately lose because winning major trophies and ending up in Europe will hinder our chances for glory...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 05:53 - May 3 with 1217 viewsJethroJack

Every premier league game still feels like a Cup Final to me.....long may that feeling last.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 07:59 - May 3 with 1169 viewskarnataka

Saints have done incredibly well this season but it's only their second since promotion so 8th without Europe is a fantastic season for them and good luck to them, they play decent football and don't try to kick their opponents off the pitch. It now remains to be seen whether or not they can push on from where they are.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 09:32 - May 3 with 1107 viewsPacemaker

Earlier in the season Pochettino stated he was not interested in Europa he only wanted Champions League, so I guess they are happy just finishing as high as they can because there is no way that they will break into Champions League places.

They have had an excellent season with excellent players, but like us they will always be vulnerable to bigger clubs coming in for their best players, like us they seem pretty stable financially following the last owners huge investment but the daughter is looking to sell so anything could happen with the likes of Luke Shaw, Jay Rodrieguez and Lalanna.

The biggest problem may be to hold onto their manager.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2444164/Mauricio-Pochettino-Fo

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 09:35 - May 3 with 1098 viewsUxbridge

Yeah, I bet they'll look forward to telling their grandkids of their wonderful season where they finished 8th and won nothing and didn't compete in Europe.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 10:27 - May 3 with 1029 viewsReaver

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Europe clearly didn't go on any of the trips.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 10:49 - May 3 with 1008 viewsbuzzbox

Which of the two is more rewarding money wise to the club, an eighth place finish or getting as far as the last 32 of the Europa.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 10:53 - May 3 with 999 viewsbuzzbox

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 09:35 - May 3 by Uxbridge

Yeah, I bet they'll look forward to telling their grandkids of their wonderful season where they finished 8th and won nothing and didn't compete in Europe.

I would have thought finishing 8th in the Premier league is a great achievement for a club like Southampton, i think the players and there fans will be well pleased with that.
Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 12:11 - May 3 with 936 viewsTrundle10

Better to be a Saint or a Swan this season? on 10:27 - May 3 by Reaver

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Europe clearly didn't go on any of the trips.

very true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024