Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cracked notepad 20:04 - May 5 with 2288 viewsthe_gasman

I just dropped my acer notepad and the glass has cracked and basically its busted. Any one know how easy they are to repair and how much ??

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

cracked notepad on 20:08 - May 5 with 2278 viewsreddythered

Had a screen crack on an old one - getting it fixed by a company cost £100.

When it got broken again by my youngest, found it easier to buy a new screen and fit it myself, was around £50 total.

It's not a difficult job to fix it yourself, just need to be careful about the connections and more importantly the hinges. Make sure you look for detailed instructions, youtube videos can help.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

cracked notepad on 20:15 - May 5 with 2270 viewsLord_Bony

If it s not functioning then you need a new screen.
Tons of them on ebay just type in your model number.

Fitting is easy just unscrew the cover off it then just two connectors..as said be careful no wires are chaffing around the hinges when putting back together.

Switch it on and all should be perfect...takes about 10 mins.

Being a qualified gas fitter this should be easy

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

cracked notepad on 21:20 - May 5 with 2226 viewsNogginthenog

When i dropped my notepad in a puddle all the pages got wet.
cracked notepad on 21:32 - May 5 with 2207 viewsborinifanclub

I was a computer engineer for 30 years............some note books are easy to do and some...toshiba and dell can be complicated take care and make sure you are earthed when taking the lap top apart....if you don't it will work ok for a few months then the static introduced from yourself will slowly destroy the pc

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

cracked notepad on 16:56 - May 6 with 2132 viewsthe_gasman

Thanks for the advice... I went out and bought a new one :) I'll do what you suggest Paul and buy a kit and have a go. The stepdaughter can have it then ...

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

cracked notepad on 19:30 - May 6 with 2097 viewsreddythered

cracked notepad on 21:32 - May 5 by borinifanclub

I was a computer engineer for 30 years............some note books are easy to do and some...toshiba and dell can be complicated take care and make sure you are earthed when taking the lap top apart....if you don't it will work ok for a few months then the static introduced from yourself will slowly destroy the pc

Mine was a Toshiba, was actually fairly simple and I'm not a hardware person. Only tricky part I found was the hinges.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

cracked notepad on 08:20 - May 7 with 2047 viewsdameedna

general rule is half the current RRP
I paid 125 for an Asus tablet with RRP 300
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024