Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday 19:48 - May 12 with 1109 viewsjacksinceever

Starring Tom Hanks. Brilliant film
Also so the second Hobbit film - very long and drawn out. Not so brilliant
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 19:52 - May 12 with 1101 viewsGowerjack

Just like the 1st one then....

Seriously I could read the book in less time than it take to watch even the 1st instalment of the Hobbit.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 19:59 - May 12 with 1091 viewsjacksinceever

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 19:52 - May 12 by Gowerjack

Just like the 1st one then....

Seriously I could read the book in less time than it take to watch even the 1st instalment of the Hobbit.

I know the first one was long, but I enjoyed it and was expecting more of the same, but no ....
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:01 - May 12 with 1088 viewsDarran

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 19:59 - May 12 by jacksinceever

I know the first one was long, but I enjoyed it and was expecting more of the same, but no ....

I watched The Taking of Pelham 123 and Déjà Vu over the weekend ,both average.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:25 - May 12 with 1065 viewsjacksinceever

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:01 - May 12 by Darran

Did you get the feeling you'd seen the second film before?
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:26 - May 12 with 1062 viewsCatullus

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 19:59 - May 12 by jacksinceever

No? Bugger it, I bought the darn film today! I enjoyed the first one. Thought the Des of Smaug would be better. Oh well.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:31 - May 12 with 1054 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:01 - May 12 by Darran

Did you see the original or the remake of Pelham 123. Always thougt the first was more a edgy film.
Mind you heard they are making a remake of Point Break that's so wrong,
[Post edited 12 May 2014 20:33]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:31 - May 12 with 1053 viewsexiledclaseboy

We watched Pacific Rim the other night. It was sh*t.

Stretching The Hobbit out over three films of three hours length each is an act of criminality that Peter Jackson should be severely punished for. Desolation of Smaug is three hours of pointless filler. With big spiders.

Poll: Tory leader

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:31 - May 12 with 1053 viewsjacksinceever

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:26 - May 12 by Catullus

No? Bugger it, I bought the darn film today! I enjoyed the first one. Thought the Des of Smaug would be better. Oh well.

TBH I watched the first one, having not seen the Lord of The Rings Trilogy, so I missed out on lots of the background. A more avid fan may find it more enjoyable (and if you like lots of fighting)
Login to get fewer ads

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:33 - May 12 with 1047 viewsjacksinceever

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:31 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

We watched Pacific Rim the other night. It was sh*t.

Stretching The Hobbit out over three films of three hours length each is an act of criminality that Peter Jackson should be severely punished for. Desolation of Smaug is three hours of pointless filler. With big spiders.

My wife said that, having read both LOTR and the Hobbit. I wasn't interested in them so I never had a prior opinion.
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:36 - May 12 with 1041 viewsDarran

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:31 - May 12 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Did you see the original or the remake of Pelham 123. Always thougt the first was more a edgy film.
Mind you heard they are making a remake of Point Break that's so wrong,
[Post edited 12 May 2014 20:33]

Remake.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:44 - May 12 with 1031 viewsjacksinceever

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 20:36 - May 12 by Darran

Remake.

I watched Cape Fear (both versions) recently .... enjoyed the newer one just as much
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 08:59 - May 13 with 990 viewsswanny

I watched Captn Phillips on the 'plane home - it was brilliant...I never really understood how a couple of men with guns could take over an entire ship, but they were impossible to talk to - they were so off their heads on (kat, is it?) It was very well done.
I also sat through all of the LOTR films including The desolation of Smaug (it was a long flight). I have nothing to say on that, although I once sat through all the Matrix films on a Transatlantic flight and felt equally brain dead afterwards.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 10:53 - May 13 with 960 viewsItchySphincter

The thing about Cpt. Phillips is that it's all his account of events so it amused me somewhat when he's this all singing and dancing action hero when he is held captive but the 'true' bit that can be verified by others is the bit where he has a breakdown and is a blubbering wreck after rescue. It was a bit sh!t tbh, like most Tom Hanks films.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 11:39 - May 13 with 946 viewsLord_Bony

The Lord of the Rings was pure class.

To get three films like that so perfect was a real achievement for all involved.the story line is what made them and those films will stand the test of time,hard to believe they were made with that cutting edged CGI over 15 years ago.

I was a real fan and waited fot The Hobbit....along with many fans worldwide I was soon disappointed ...it was shite....never even seen the second one.to make three films from about 8 pages on the hobbit from Tolkiens book is stretching it a bit and as a result the story line is very thin and weak.

Captain Phillips I enjoyed,I like true stories....bloody pirates!
[Post edited 13 May 2014 11:44]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 11:43 - May 13 with 932 viewsDrizzle

Thanks to mega share and other sites(my security software is earning its keep). I have watched a plethora of films. Ones that stick in my mind are
Spiderman 2, Bad Neighbours, The Pledge, This is the end, The worlds end.

Special mention to the worst film I have seen in decades. Called 'Gods not dead' and made by a bunch of hateful Christians( Surely an oxymoron? well not on this evidence. I've never seen such bile directed at non believers and I'm very open minded when it comes to theological matters, they even manage to have a dig as Islam as well. Just staggering really)
Watched Captain Phillips Yesterday on 12:36 - May 13 with 903 viewsSA1_Jack

Yes I agree that Captain Phillips is a very good film. I didn't think much of either of those Hobbit films to be honest even though I liked the original trilogy.

I have watched The Wolf of Wall Street and 12 Years a Slave recently and I will highly recomend both of these films.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024