Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England..... 18:24 - May 14 with 5466 viewsymaohyd

Do people want England to do well in the world cup?

Must be honest I am usually an 'Anyone but England' man, however, considering the part that our English players have played to get to where we now are, I am going to hope they do well.

Having said that, with their complete reluctance to cap our players that also leaves a bad taste. Would Vorm and JDG had been chosen for England had they been English...probably not.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

England..... on 19:23 - May 14 with 1135 viewsGeoffThom

Well like it or not were welsh first british second and as a British person who watches English football and my team play in the English pyramid system I hope they do well and will watch their games but also as a British person I'd do the same if Scotland Northern Ireland or Eire were there unfortunately at the moment there's no chance of wales being there sadly
England..... on 19:24 - May 14 with 1127 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If England got to the final and were playing Ivory Coast or Netherlands (let's pretend JDG has signed for us before then), who would you want to win?

It's still England for me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England..... on 19:26 - May 14 with 1128 viewscaerleon_jack

Don't mind them doing well, but don't want them to win. The only advantage I can see to them winning it would be that Geoff "I won the World Cup" Hurst would have to shut it.

Feel the Hodgson gets unfair criticism though. International record is very good, knows how to organise a team. Media still bang on about 'ow 'ard done by 'Arry was and it does my nut it. I'd be happy to see them go out at semi-final stage, losing honourably to eventual winners (whoever they may be).

Insert something witty here

England..... on 19:29 - May 14 with 1114 viewsepaul

Fuk em, they have this air of they think they have got some god given right to win it after 66 and all that shoite

ABE

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

England..... on 20:00 - May 14 with 1075 viewsQuakerJack

England..... on 19:29 - May 14 by epaul

Fuk em, they have this air of they think they have got some god given right to win it after 66 and all that shoite

ABE

Agree completely. Fuke England!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

England..... on 20:06 - May 14 with 1065 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, screw England. Let's go play in our own league, the mighty League of Wales. Screw the F.A, too. They don't know how to run a football association, unlike the mighty F.A.W who have helped ensure that the League of Wales proudly stands tall alongside the Finnish and San Marino national football leagues.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England..... on 20:20 - May 14 with 1064 viewsGixerJack

England..... on 19:11 - May 14 by stevethejack

A.B.E.

Does that mean any body else????

Coz that's how I feel
England..... on 20:26 - May 14 with 1055 viewsDanielswan

Teams I dont want to win anything:

England ... just because dont want to hear them brag for centuries.

France ... cocky frogs and all that.

Germany ... they already won it too many times.

Italy ... Berlusconi, too many voted for that bastard, too many rotten apples in the yard.

Teams I want to win:

Spain, Portugal and Brazil.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Login to get fewer ads

England..... on 20:27 - May 14 with 1053 viewsJackfath

England..... on 20:20 - May 14 by GixerJack

Does that mean any body else????

Coz that's how I feel

What does it stand for?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

England..... on 20:32 - May 14 with 1048 viewsbuilthjack

Fuc£ em. First plane home after the group games hopefully.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

England..... on 20:39 - May 14 with 1038 viewsGixerJack

England..... on 20:27 - May 14 by Jackfath

What does it stand for?

Dunno, that's why I asked...
England..... on 20:40 - May 14 with 1036 viewsItchySphincter

England..... on 19:24 - May 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If England got to the final and were playing Ivory Coast or Netherlands (let's pretend JDG has signed for us before then), who would you want to win?

It's still England for me.

Good question. It would be our players over England for me.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

England..... on 20:46 - May 14 with 1029 viewsreddythered

England..... on 20:40 - May 14 by ItchySphincter

Good question. It would be our players over England for me.

Wales aren't in it, surprisingly, therefore not one s1t is given about it by me.

Well, hoping Chile do well to maximise the fee for Medel possibly.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

England..... on 21:39 - May 14 with 997 viewsstevethejack

England..... on 20:27 - May 14 by Jackfath

What does it stand for?

A - nyone
B - ut
E - ngland
England..... on 21:49 - May 14 with 980 viewsBongoman

England..... on 20:32 - May 14 by builthjack

Fuc£ em. First plane home after the group games hopefully.

Yes I agree; either that or a controversial exit at a later stage to feed the Engerland machine with delusion for the next 20 years!!!! Ha!
England..... on 21:52 - May 14 with 965 viewsJackoBoostardo

Surely I'm not the only one here who feels the England squad is made up of Ego's above talent.

Of course I want them to lose.

This World Cup, Spain has once again gone all-in and will be the team to watch. Also I'm half-Belgian but they aren't going to win.

Either way - i will be watching the tournament strictly as a neutral.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

England..... on 22:00 - May 14 with 946 viewsSwansNZ

With the Swans hopefully supplying players to 2 or 3 countries, I’d rather support them than England. I don’t support England and don’t support or particularly like any of their players, so why would I want to support them?

Ivory Coast, Netherlands or South Korea for me — assuming they pick our players

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England..... on 22:01 - May 14 with 944 viewsJonnyTheJack

England..... on 18:55 - May 14 by Drizzy

If they had just given ONE of our players - during our time in the Premier League - just a five minute substitute appearance in a meaningless friendly I'd probably root for them. We've had plenty of legitimate contenders for England squad places - Dyer, Graham, Routledge and Britton yet they haven't even been given a sniff. Not even come along as unused substitutes. It didn't really bother me though until I looked at some of the players they've called up over the last few years: Bothroyd, Frazier Campbell, Tom Cleverley, Matt Jarvis etc. Really? I mean that group of players and someone like Dyer, who's had periods of scintillating form, can't even get in the squad? You've got to be kidding me. I don't believe it's some kind of conspiracy, just a massive f*cking sense of complacency. They're rooted in their archaic methods.

They're boring as f*ck too. Absolutely dire to watch. Should be better this year with the influx of young players, but pales in comparison to the likes of Brazil and Spain. Oh and Wales will reach a major tournament, one way or another, in the not too distant future so don't give me that bullsh*t please.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 19:00]

Great post.
England..... on 22:02 - May 14 with 940 viewsGixerJack

England..... on 21:39 - May 14 by stevethejack

A - nyone
B - ut
E - ngland

Thanks, I was close,
England..... on 22:05 - May 14 with 937 viewsKilkennyjack

ABE

Not supported them since 1984 when they ended the Home Internationals.
They blamed Wales and NI for failing in all comps since 1966 and so this was to sort that out. How did it all work out in the end anyhow ? :-)

And they are dreadful to watch. Defo not sexy football since 1990.

Beware of the Risen People

England..... on 22:10 - May 14 with 931 viewsGowerjack

England..... on 18:43 - May 14 by Jackfath

It's always the same. It's "cool" and "trendy" to want England to lose. However most of those who want them to fail are indeed plastic ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs or whoever was the best team when they were growing up.

With Wales likely to never qualify for a World Cup whilst I am on this earth, of course I would like them to do well. Anyone who says they'd like them to get stuffed really needs to grow up.

They should also take the chip off their shoulder.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 18:46]

Hells teeth.

I'm in complete agreement with Jackfath of all people.

I feel a little queasy.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

England..... on 22:29 - May 14 with 904 viewsJACKARSE

Like to see them get to semi's to keep interest levels up .... 'Daddy Cool' and Drogba to knock them out in semi's on penalties ..... that will do .....
England..... on 22:43 - May 14 with 887 viewsTrundle10

The England team is full of players that we recognise so in an ideal world without the overkill, hype etc Id like them to do well however by the time the thing starts itll be horrendous as always.

ABE for me.
England..... on 00:29 - May 15 with 841 viewskopperburgjack

No! However it's Ivory Coast for me

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

England..... on 00:37 - May 15 with 838 viewsjaf69

fvck England even though most of my family are English.

my support goes to argentina as its the closest we will ever get to being there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Argentine
its a slightly tenuous link to wales but its good enough for me

ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024