Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your most treasured programme? 22:12 - Jun 6 with 3897 viewsTNT

Is yours one of the big games we've played in, or a scruffy old thing that has some other importance to you?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your most treasured programme? on 22:19 - Jun 6 with 2833 viewsTNT

I've got a scruffy old PNE programme from '64 with rusted staples, even though I wasn't at that game.

PNE in '81 I also have but was at that game.

WHU away in '79 is one I treasure for some unknown reason.

Southport home '76 being my first home game is a bit special too.

Your most treasured programme? on 23:48 - Jun 6 with 2767 viewschessgenius

I have a copy of the F A Cup Semi Final against Preston North End in mint condition
Your most treasured programme? on 00:20 - Jun 7 with 2746 viewsTNT

Your most treasured programme? on 23:48 - Jun 6 by chessgenius

I have a copy of the F A Cup Semi Final against Preston North End in mint condition

Many thanks, but I like my rusty stapled one...

...but there must be someone else out there who would like to have one?

Your most treasured programme? on 02:11 - Jun 7 with 2721 viewsRuDeMan1970

Leeds home, Saturday 29th August 1981. Tip-top condition.
Oh, the memories...the huge crowd, the blazing sunshine, "Super Swans" ringing out across the North Bank as Latchford plundered his hat-trick...and THAT goal by Curt. I was only eleven years old but remember it like it was yesterday. Aaah...

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Your most treasured programme? on 06:55 - Jun 7 with 2688 viewslatchford

Think the Preston one has to be my most treasured. The promotion one.
I also have a 1966 World Cup final programme. No sentimental value because I'm not an England fan but it has to be worth a bit???
Your most treasured programme? on 11:05 - Jun 7 with 2622 viewsJackFish

I've got one for the league game against Portsmouth in 1933.
Your most treasured programme? on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 2605 viewsStarsky

Your most treasured programme? on 06:55 - Jun 7 by latchford

Think the Preston one has to be my most treasured. The promotion one.
I also have a 1966 World Cup final programme. No sentimental value because I'm not an England fan but it has to be worth a bit???

Worth £150 ish

It's just the internet, init.

Your most treasured programme? on 11:29 - Jun 7 with 2587 viewsStarsky

My favourite from my collection is Bradford Park Avenue v Swansea Town from the 60s.
Although my quirkiest are from 1974 when we had to play 4 home games on a Sunday for the first time in our history. It was something to do with the energy crisis and they couldn't charge admission fees but could sell you a team sheet for 50 pence. I have all 4 team sheets pressed immaculately into my childhood scrapbook. Workington, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Reading.

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Your most treasured programme? on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 2558 viewspansypants

Leeds 1981 and Play off final 2011

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Your most treasured programme? on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 2544 viewsDewi1jack

Your most treasured programme? on 02:11 - Jun 7 by RuDeMan1970

Oh, the memories...the huge crowd, the blazing sunshine, "Super Swans" ringing out across the North Bank as Latchford plundered his hat-trick...and THAT goal by Curt. I was only eleven years old but remember it like it was yesterday. Aaah...

My favourite programme as well.
Mine's very battered though. I was a kid and didn't think if it would be worth money in the future.
Not that it's for sale.
Wembley for the Autoglass comes close though

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Your most treasured programme? on 13:00 - Jun 7 with 2523 viewsymaohyd

Were you at the game?

For some reason I've gotten out of the habit of programme buying. Got loads of old Swans programmes going back to the seventies...somewhere.

Probably my most treasured isn't the Swans, but the Liverpool v Newcastle 1974 FA Cup final which my dad took me to.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Your most treasured programme? on 13:57 - Jun 7 with 2486 viewsWitneyjack

1978 v Hartlepool. We won 8-0 and I have the Swans squad autographs inside. Those were the days!! ;-)
Your most treasured programme? on 14:17 - Jun 7 with 2464 viewsymaohyd

Your most treasured programme? on 13:57 - Jun 7 by Witneyjack

1978 v Hartlepool. We won 8-0 and I have the Swans squad autographs inside. Those were the days!! ;-)

Yes, I was at that game. Was a player named George Smith who used to play for us playing for them?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Your most treasured programme? on 14:26 - Jun 7 with 2461 viewsicecoldjack

Mt most treasured programme is Fawlty Towers ..
Your most treasured programme? on 20:59 - Jun 7 with 2369 viewsTNT

Your most treasured programme? on 14:26 - Jun 7 by icecoldjack

Mt most treasured programme is Fawlty Towers ..

Or Flowery Tw*ts even!

Your most treasured programme? on 21:03 - Jun 7 with 2357 viewsTNT

Your most treasured programme? on 13:57 - Jun 7 by Witneyjack

What a memorable game that was. George Smith did play for them that day. I've still got that programme too, but like so many others I don't buy / keep programmes as I used to.

Your most treasured programme? on 22:25 - Jun 7 with 2314 viewsstevethejack

2007 - Swans v Carlisle (Swans won 5-0). My son's first Swans game just before he was 3 years old. He's followed his dad, being an absolute Swans nut. Loves the Swans, and pretty much any type of football too. He makes me so proud!
Your most treasured programme? on 23:23 - Jun 7 with 2278 viewsCatullus

Your most treasured programme? on 02:11 - Jun 7 by RuDeMan1970

I have most of the programmes from that season. I have the programme from us versus Southampton, Kevin Keegans first game back here on his return from Germany with his autograph on the front. They are all in mint condition.
They are all treasured, as is the play off final programme versus Reading.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your most treasured programme? on 23:29 - Jun 7 with 2275 viewsTNT

Your most treasured programme? on 22:25 - Jun 7 by stevethejack

2007 - Swans v Carlisle (Swans won 5-0). My son's first Swans game just before he was 3 years old. He's followed his dad, being an absolute Swans nut. Loves the Swans, and pretty much any type of football too. He makes me so proud!

Treasure that more than anything else SteveTJ.

My lad and I were traipsing to places like Boston / England (on a Tuesday night!) when he was six years old. Yet, we've since been to Los Angeles, San Fransisco (et al) to watch The Swans.

Brilliant memories that I will take to my grave!

Your most treasured programme? on 02:46 - Jun 8 with 2233 viewsRuDeMan1970

Your most treasured programme? on 12:27 - Jun 7 by Dewi1jack

My favourite programme as well.
Mine's very battered though. I was a kid and didn't think if it would be worth money in the future.
Not that it's for sale.
Wembley for the Autoglass comes close though

Aye, the Autoglass final and - of course - the Reading play-off final are also highly-treasured. But there's something special about Leeds '81 which will always remain. Maybe it's the fact that it was the biggest crowd at the biggest game I'd ever seen experienced of the Swans at the time. The memories just keep flooding back...the anticipation of our first ever 'Canon Division One' game, the likes of even my mam (God rest her soul) being interested, 'Can Can' at number 2, 'Ghost Town' at number 1, my first 'Arrington, my first so-called 'proper girlfriend', owning one of the first BMX bikes in Skewen at the time, Lonlas Boys' Club's Friday night discos...Jeez, I could go on for ever........

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Your most treasured programme? on 06:42 - Jun 8 with 2208 viewsdameedna

Your most treasured programme? on 02:46 - Jun 8 by RuDeMan1970

Aye, the Autoglass final and - of course - the Reading play-off final are also highly-treasured. But there's something special about Leeds '81 which will always remain. Maybe it's the fact that it was the biggest crowd at the biggest game I'd ever seen experienced of the Swans at the time. The memories just keep flooding back...the anticipation of our first ever 'Canon Division One' game, the likes of even my mam (God rest her soul) being interested, 'Can Can' at number 2, 'Ghost Town' at number 1, my first 'Arrington, my first so-called 'proper girlfriend', owning one of the first BMX bikes in Skewen at the time, Lonlas Boys' Club's Friday night discos...Jeez, I could go on for ever........

Stopped keeping programmmes eg no idea where the Reading final programme is;

Have the original South Wales Echo from the night Cardiff won the FA Cup off me Gramps

Would have liked to have kept the 81 Leeds game programme, thats the only one, that Curtis goal was special and what a ru ck after, memorable, what an intro to the English League, tight as
Your most treasured programme? on 08:32 - Jun 8 with 2193 viewsDrizzle

Swansea v Exeter Feb 1976. The first game I remember being at(not the first game i went to ). Also the red and white stripey covered program when Soton brought the FA cup down in 76. Also Tony Millingtons testimonial "pamphlet".
Your most treasured programme? on 08:38 - Jun 8 with 2187 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea v Hartlepool 4th April 1970
My first game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your most treasured programme? on 08:40 - Jun 8 with 2186 viewsbuilthjack

My Dad was at this one but didn't get a programme

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your most treasured programme? on 09:37 - Jun 8 with 2170 viewsCatullus

Your most treasured programme? on 08:40 - Jun 8 by builthjack

My Dad was at this one but didn't get a programme

My dad has the programme, and he used to have the team sheet from the first ever derby match.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024