Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mot help please 15:05 - Jun 19 with 4147 viewsraynor94

My mot is due next week, but my management light has come on, no problem with car at the moment, is the light a failure?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

mot help please on 08:51 - Jul 17 with 726 viewsBaker

mot help please on 08:25 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

If they passed it with the EML on then they chose to ignore it.

A EML light on is a instant fail.

Much like your transfer speculation I am afraid you are wrong.

Again.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

mot help please on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 714 viewsmagicdaps10

Its not a discussion about if I am right or wrong................................its law that a car with a EML on is a automatic fail.

Garage will just say it was not on when they done the MOT.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

mot help please on 10:50 - Jul 17 with 707 viewsBaker

mot help please on 10:16 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Its not a discussion about if I am right or wrong................................its law that a car with a EML on is a automatic fail.

Garage will just say it was not on when they done the MOT.

"The garage will say it's not on at the time of test"

But I thought the public perception was that we (the motor trade) are all out to get you?

You think we would pass up an opportunity to repair a car with a light being illuminated and just let you off (nudge nudge, wink wink)?

The MIL, EML (call it what you will) is NOT a testable item, so therefore cannot fail.

Feel free to thumb through http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4i00000101.htm or http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm and get back to me when you find it (you won't)

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

mot help please on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 704 viewsDDCH

Not MOT related but light related

My last car (a diesel) started to chuck the engine managment light on every couple of hundred miles and the code suggested DPF filter needed to be unblocked.

They suggested the car needed to go on a long run, but as most of my trips are long runs and it came on on a round trip to Harrogate, they decided it must have been a faulty sensor somewhere rather than the filter as the car never lost power.

As it was an insane amount of money to fix, as new sensors meant a new DPF as well, I just went for the warning light switch off. I bought a fault code reader off Amazon for about £25 quid and could then look the code up online and reset it.

Was cheaper to buy the reader than pay a garage to read and reset it once.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

mot help please on 18:34 - Jul 17 with 686 viewsquiff

mot help please on 11:10 - Jul 17 by DDCH

Not MOT related but light related

My last car (a diesel) started to chuck the engine managment light on every couple of hundred miles and the code suggested DPF filter needed to be unblocked.

They suggested the car needed to go on a long run, but as most of my trips are long runs and it came on on a round trip to Harrogate, they decided it must have been a faulty sensor somewhere rather than the filter as the car never lost power.

As it was an insane amount of money to fix, as new sensors meant a new DPF as well, I just went for the warning light switch off. I bought a fault code reader off Amazon for about £25 quid and could then look the code up online and reset it.

Was cheaper to buy the reader than pay a garage to read and reset it once.

I'm afraid the DPF is the plague of the modern diesel engine.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

mot help please on 20:48 - Jul 17 with 666 viewsmartink

mot help please on 18:34 - Jul 17 by quiff

Engine mil light on is not an mot failure yet but who knows what will happen in the future.
mot help please on 21:25 - Jul 17 with 650 viewsDDCH

mot help please on 18:34 - Jul 17 by quiff

Made me downsize and switch back to Petrol for the first time in years. I know of 3 other people I work with who all are having or have had DPF problems. All different cars too, Mazda 6, Honda CRV and a Renault Laguna, so isn't even a manufacturer issue either

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024