Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 19:59 - Jun 27 with 4359 viewsScoobyWho

Two players sold, Shaw and Llalana. 58 million squids banked. And Lambert nearly 5 million thats 63 million. Shit ! Anyone get the feeling they are about to asset strip and leave ? If I was a saints fan I would be thinking about some positive action.

PDQ.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Southampton on 12:26 - Jun 28 with 1225 viewsJethroJack

Southampton on 20:29 - Jun 27 by raynor94

Plus they got some fantastic youngsters coming through, I think they'll have a good season again

Got some names? positions?

What was it that Hansen said..." you won't win anything with kids".

He was wrong about Utd, but might be right about the Saints....too made kids could even take them down, let alone not win anything....however fantastic they are.
Southampton on 12:29 - Jun 28 with 1215 viewsmark555

Think back to when Brendan left in 2012, Joe Allen followed him,Scott Sinclair went to City, Sigurdsson went to Spurs, very similar situation and the Swans survived.
Southampton on 12:30 - Jun 28 with 1212 viewsmax936

I think Brendan was chasing their Croatian centre half Lovren to,
[Post edited 28 Jun 2014 12:34]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Southampton on 13:01 - Jun 28 with 1169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Southampton on 11:21 - Jun 28 by mitchwales

Anything that gives us an advantage over another team is a good thing. They still have enough about them to finish above at least three teams easily, even before spending some of the cash though.

I think they have quite a bit of debt to service so perhaps the replacement won't be of anywhere near a similar quality. Then they will struggle

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Southampton on 17:02 - Jun 29 with 1096 viewsthedelldays

Southampton on 21:47 - Jun 27 by Watchman

The problem Saints had was that they had to repay at least £52m in debt this summer due to player aquisition and redevelopment of their academy infrastruture. THey are acutely aware of Cat A academy status hence their investment in upgrading

£52m debt? where on earth did you get that from?????

we owe transfer money this season, much like very single other club in the league.
with the huge TV deal and about £70m worth of player sales (when Lovren and Schniederlin do go)
also, we have just signed a huge sponsorship agreement and the £30m upgrade to the training ground/academy has finished

the club will have £80m-£100m to rebuild

it is going to be tough but Koeman has stated that he wants 7-8 players

we have bid for Graziano Pelle, Ings, rumours are we want your left back, Dusan Tadic, Blaczikowski, Nathan Redmons etc etc

the owners are worth about £3bn so I dont think we are financially screwed as you lot seem to think. I cant see Koeman coming also, if that was the case

we probably wont have a good as season as last year, where did not fall out of the top 10 but I dont think we will go down at all....it will be a bumpy road as we rebuild but we have a decent manager and a shed load of money to do so..

as for youngsters, when we had 4 players called up for the england friendly before the world cup, that brought the total to 17 players called up for england at various age levels that weekend
we were in the top 8 clubs in europe for having the number of players called up to the world cup at the time...

[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 17:06]
Southampton on 17:41 - Jun 29 with 1042 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Southampton on 17:02 - Jun 29 by thedelldays

£52m debt? where on earth did you get that from?????

we owe transfer money this season, much like very single other club in the league.
with the huge TV deal and about £70m worth of player sales (when Lovren and Schniederlin do go)
also, we have just signed a huge sponsorship agreement and the £30m upgrade to the training ground/academy has finished

the club will have £80m-£100m to rebuild

it is going to be tough but Koeman has stated that he wants 7-8 players

we have bid for Graziano Pelle, Ings, rumours are we want your left back, Dusan Tadic, Blaczikowski, Nathan Redmons etc etc

the owners are worth about £3bn so I dont think we are financially screwed as you lot seem to think. I cant see Koeman coming also, if that was the case

we probably wont have a good as season as last year, where did not fall out of the top 10 but I dont think we will go down at all....it will be a bumpy road as we rebuild but we have a decent manager and a shed load of money to do so..

as for youngsters, when we had 4 players called up for the england friendly before the world cup, that brought the total to 17 players called up for england at various age levels that weekend
we were in the top 8 clubs in europe for having the number of players called up to the world cup at the time...

[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 17:06]

Ignore some of our ignorant supporters. Many pride themselves on believing we are some sort of model football club and an inspiration for others. It's extremely self righteous and ignorant and I find it cringe worthy and embarrassing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Southampton on 18:01 - Jun 29 with 1007 viewsjackonicko

Genuine question: have things improved since the end of March then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

That article has similar numbers to what Watch posted. Obviously, things have changed a little as the article says you won't need to sell Shaw and Lallana...
Southampton on 19:08 - Jun 29 with 956 viewsexiledclaseboy

Southampton on 17:41 - Jun 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ignore some of our ignorant supporters. Many pride themselves on believing we are some sort of model football club and an inspiration for others. It's extremely self righteous and ignorant and I find it cringe worthy and embarrassing.

Don't be so harsh on yourself, Dwighty. Darran will look after you.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 19:10 - Jun 29 with 948 viewsDarran

Southampton on 19:08 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Bully.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Southampton on 19:11 - Jun 29 with 946 viewsthedelldays

Southampton on 18:01 - Jun 29 by jackonicko

Genuine question: have things improved since the end of March then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

That article has similar numbers to what Watch posted. Obviously, things have changed a little as the article says you won't need to sell Shaw and Lallana...

what has changed?

it was made clear that the comment quoted was a commercial sense.
we ha no new sponsor lined up and no kit amnufacturer due to Cortese quitting in mid negotiations...

we have a new sponsor (that signed a big contract) and the kit this season will be the clubs own brand with a change to Nike the following season (deal to be tied up soon)

we shall see, as I said, I fully expect this season to be a bit bumpy and it is a bit unprecedented that a club with no financial difficulties loses so many key members in a short space of time....be interesting, no doubt

fancy a bit of Bony at saints........yeah yeah, I know, no chance :-)
good to wish though
Southampton on 19:14 - Jun 29 with 933 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Southampton on 19:08 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

I'm beginning to think that JethroJack is a second account of yours. The similarities are stark.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Southampton on 19:15 - Jun 29 with 927 viewsexiledclaseboy

Southampton on 19:14 - Jun 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm beginning to think that JethroJack is a second account of yours. The similarities are stark.

You reckon? If I was JethroJack old son, you'd know about it. Darran would have told you for a start.

Southampton on 19:16 - Jun 29 with 921 viewsDarran

Southampton on 19:15 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

You reckon? If I was JethroJack old son, you'd know about it. Darran would have told you for a start.

F*ck off mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Southampton on 19:26 - Jun 29 with 897 viewsmonmouth

Southampton on 19:14 - Jun 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To be fair, there never could be a similarity to Jethro. He is a genuine singularity.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 19:27]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Southampton on 19:33 - Jun 29 with 873 viewsexiledclaseboy

Southampton on 19:16 - Jun 29 by Darran

F*ck off mun.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024