Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Powell 16:10 - Jul 14 with 2096 viewsGeoffThom

News now reporting were in for a season long loan as replacment for mich hmmmm don't know what to make of this if true
Nick Powell on 16:12 - Jul 14 with 2078 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Good signing if true - apart from him being a replacement for Michu, nowhere near that level yet

Was a talented kid though

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Nick Powell on 16:13 - Jul 14 with 2068 viewsTom1912

Would be good addition to the squad although I'd hope we'd also sign someone like Gylfi as well.
Nick Powell on 16:16 - Jul 14 with 2035 viewstomdickharry

Cue - Hull,QPR.Crystal Palace,West Ham are interested in signing Nick Powell.Fine young player yet to be tested at PL level,would be a good addition to our squad.
Nick Powell on 16:18 - Jul 14 with 2008 viewsmagicdaps10

Capable of playing in the no 10 spot and can also play up top BUT would be uncomfortable if he was our main no 10.
If we got in Gylfi aswell as this kid then we would not have done to bad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Nick Powell on 16:21 - Jul 14 with 1979 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The transfer news coming out of Swansea City today is all very.. 'meh..'.

I hope we replace all the proven Premier League players leaving our squad with other proven players and not loan deals for young players not yet proven.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Nick Powell on 16:22 - Jul 14 with 1968 viewslonglostjack

Nick Powell on 16:21 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope we replace all the proven Premier League players leaving our squad with other proven players and not loan deals for young players not yet proven.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Nick Powell on 16:23 - Jul 14 with 1951 viewslondonlisa2001

what - like replacing the proven premier league player Pozuelo do you mean? Or the proven player Canas?

This is unlikely to be the main replacement for a 1st teamer is it? I've said before that your wind ups would have more credibility if they were less inane.
Nick Powell on 16:26 - Jul 14 with 1927 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nick Powell on 16:23 - Jul 14 by londonlisa2001

what - like replacing the proven premier league player Pozuelo do you mean? Or the proven player Canas?

This is unlikely to be the main replacement for a 1st teamer is it? I've said before that your wind ups would have more credibility if they were less inane.

I mean Hernandez, De Guzman, Michu and (possibly) Ben.

Plus whoever else will leave.

If we don't replace exiting players with better quality then we'll only go backwards. I've never been a fan of taking a bigger clubs youth player on loan, give him some games and send him back a better player.

Login to get fewer ads

Nick Powell on 16:27 - Jul 14 with 1907 viewsDarran

Nick Powell on 16:26 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I mean Hernandez, De Guzman, Michu and (possibly) Ben.

Plus whoever else will leave.

If we don't replace exiting players with better quality then we'll only go backwards. I've never been a fan of taking a bigger clubs youth player on loan, give him some games and send him back a better player.

We might make him a better player and he'll stay.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nick Powell on 16:30 - Jul 14 with 1875 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nick Powell on 16:27 - Jul 14 by Darran

We might make him a better player and he'll stay.

We might. Let's hope the board, Garry or whoever is in charge of sourcing and signing players makes the best choice possible.

Nick Powell on 16:31 - Jul 14 with 1872 viewstomdickharry

Be more specific.
Nick Powell on 16:32 - Jul 14 with 1851 viewsSkipTheJack

Swansea City will always be a club that gives opportunities to unproven talent, and rightly so.

More often than not, signing 'established' players means signing big reputations, big egos and big salaries, but not necessarily the quality to go with it. Trying to match the salaries the likes of QPR pay to well-known players would surely mean financial disaster and relegation.

The key is to separate the talented unknowns from the rubbish ones, and the club has been pretty good at that over the last 12 years. If Powell signs, he might be terrific for us.
Nick Powell on 16:34 - Jul 14 with 1835 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nick Powell on 16:31 - Jul 14 by tomdickharry

Be more specific.

It's difficult to be specific without knowing who's leaving and who's coming in.

Hypothetically..;

If Ben does leave, I hope that the young player from Falkirk isn't his replacement.

If De Guzman / Michu do not come back, I hope Nick Powell isn't their replacement.

If Hernandez leaves, I hope we replace him with someone of better quality.

If Chico leaves, I hope we replace him with someone of better quality.

Etc

Nick Powell on 16:37 - Jul 14 with 1808 viewsJackSomething

Nick Powell on 16:34 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's difficult to be specific without knowing who's leaving and who's coming in.

Hypothetically..;

If Ben does leave, I hope that the young player from Falkirk isn't his replacement.

If De Guzman / Michu do not come back, I hope Nick Powell isn't their replacement.

If Hernandez leaves, I hope we replace him with someone of better quality.

If Chico leaves, I hope we replace him with someone of better quality.

Etc

Taylor is Davies' replacement, Kingsley is Taylor's replacement. It's a temporary aberration for a club like us to have two players like Ben and Neil at the same time. If you're hoping for a proven left-back to come in, I feel you're going to be disappointed.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Nick Powell on 16:48 - Jul 14 with 1694 viewseddie71

Nick Powell on 16:37 - Jul 14 by JackSomething

Taylor is Davies' replacement, Kingsley is Taylor's replacement. It's a temporary aberration for a club like us to have two players like Ben and Neil at the same time. If you're hoping for a proven left-back to come in, I feel you're going to be disappointed.

Agreed, it was an incredible luxury to have two left backs of the quality of Taylor and Ben. It is an unnecessary luxury when we are short in other positions.
Nick Powell on 16:58 - Jul 14 with 1622 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nick Powell on 16:32 - Jul 14 by SkipTheJack

Swansea City will always be a club that gives opportunities to unproven talent, and rightly so.

More often than not, signing 'established' players means signing big reputations, big egos and big salaries, but not necessarily the quality to go with it. Trying to match the salaries the likes of QPR pay to well-known players would surely mean financial disaster and relegation.

The key is to separate the talented unknowns from the rubbish ones, and the club has been pretty good at that over the last 12 years. If Powell signs, he might be terrific for us.

I think it's safe to say our new policy is clearly not signing unknowns. You cannot do that in this league.

Nick Powell on 17:10 - Jul 14 with 1530 viewsJacksview

Nick Powell on 16:58 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it's safe to say our new policy is clearly not signing unknowns. You cannot do that in this league.

As a premier player he is an unknown player, who has not yet played at this level.
Nick Powell on 17:45 - Jul 14 with 1361 viewslonglostjack

Nick Powell on 16:48 - Jul 14 by eddie71

Agreed, it was an incredible luxury to have two left backs of the quality of Taylor and Ben. It is an unnecessary luxury when we are short in other positions.

Indeed - good left backs are a rarity across Europe and we're blessed with two. Not a reason to sell too cheaply mind - Taylor has proved that he's decent on the right too.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024