Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do we not talk about Riga? 11:49 - Aug 5 with 2119 viewswe_are_Superior

Anyone else find it strange how little we speak about the manager? Maybe it's the off the field stuff or the fact we've not really seen him 'in action' but the Riga contacts thread is one of few mentions I've seen about him!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 2115 viewsMephistopheles

First rule of Riga club...
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 2092 viewsBlade01

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 11:50 - Aug 5 by Mephistopheles

First rule of Riga club...

Should have given Warnock the job, you'd have heard plenty from him

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 2072 viewsvoyeur

Watch and discuss..

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:04 - Aug 5 with 2067 viewss88bfc

Until he talks we can't really, he has to open up a bit this week surely?
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:05 - Aug 5 with 2062 viewsTangerineposh

After his initial speech about everyone pulling together and including the fans in that, he has totally disregarded/ignored us.Now I know there has been mitigating circumstances , but to alienate us totally I think is poor on his part, and he soon has to change that for his own sake, because if the team get off to a slow start the flack will soon be aimed at him as well
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 2050 viewsSeasideKurt

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:05 - Aug 5 by Tangerineposh

After his initial speech about everyone pulling together and including the fans in that, he has totally disregarded/ignored us.Now I know there has been mitigating circumstances , but to alienate us totally I think is poor on his part, and he soon has to change that for his own sake, because if the team get off to a slow start the flack will soon be aimed at him as well

Let's hope he comes out and talks to us during the season then or at least gets his assistant to.

I think he has had the biggest job in the Football League and working for Karl will have been his hardest job yet.

Let's give him a chance to get the season under way. This week will probably be the most stressful of the pre-season so far.
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 2030 viewsvoyeur

I have no problem with him staying silent. I think he has made a very strong point by doing so, and highlighted the fact that KO wants everything his own way. He has done it to put pressure on KO, and I think it has worked. In terms of media attention, fans focusing on KO's shortcomings, and forcing the introduction of some decent players.

Judge him by performances and results. Actions, not words.

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 2013 viewsEastPaddockKid

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:18 - Aug 5 by voyeur

I have no problem with him staying silent. I think he has made a very strong point by doing so, and highlighted the fact that KO wants everything his own way. He has done it to put pressure on KO, and I think it has worked. In terms of media attention, fans focusing on KO's shortcomings, and forcing the introduction of some decent players.

Judge him by performances and results. Actions, not words.

When I met Riga he was very approachable and confident of great things ahead.. He reassured me and my doubts concerning his silence and his commitment! It was only an informal meeting and albeit brief but I came away very impressed. I understand the concern over his media silence but I feel he wants to get it right before coming out and addressing the masses ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 2008 viewsvoyeur

How did you get to meet him?

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:26 - Aug 5 with 2003 viewsLytham_Pool

Will Watt suggested over the weekend that he's had a verbal agreement with Jose for an interview this week, so hopefully we should see something in the Gazette this week.
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:33 - Aug 5 with 1992 viewsEastPaddockKid

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:24 - Aug 5 by voyeur

How did you get to meet him?

Voyeur I met him by chance near Bloomfield rd.. He was out for a wander and stopped for a chat, I told him that we were behind him and he had the fans support which he was pleased with, he came across as a decent bloke..let's hope he can do the business on the field
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 1966 viewsvoyeur

Cheers. He comes across as a decent bloke in the interview. TBH we are very lucky to have someone of his calibre, especially given the way the club is run. He must feel like he's landed on another planet, he has worked for AC Milan.

He seems the kind of bloke who will stay calm but stand firm. And he clearly is a highly intelligent guy and has a great track record as a coach, with very clear ideas about the game.

Its the one good thing KO has done since Holloway left. And it makes a huge difference. With the right players, and a decent playing surface, he will do a good job, I'm sure.

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:53 - Aug 5 with 1949 viewsEastPaddockKid

Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:40 - Aug 5 by voyeur

Cheers. He comes across as a decent bloke in the interview. TBH we are very lucky to have someone of his calibre, especially given the way the club is run. He must feel like he's landed on another planet, he has worked for AC Milan.

He seems the kind of bloke who will stay calm but stand firm. And he clearly is a highly intelligent guy and has a great track record as a coach, with very clear ideas about the game.

Its the one good thing KO has done since Holloway left. And it makes a huge difference. With the right players, and a decent playing surface, he will do a good job, I'm sure.

Yeah I agree, technically he is up there with a lot of top coaches, his reputation is very good and all who have worked with him have talked very highly of him. I think the Charlton job, although brief, was a great introduction to the English game for him and he is a quick learner and adapts easily enough.

Foreign managers, with no English experience, need some time to bed in so to speak, see Pepe Mel, Hans Bakke, Christian Gross etc and especially in the championship, it's a hard league. Riga now has enough, in my mind, to be a success here and to even surpass Holloways achievements. (Edit; Massively dependant on Potters involvement, personality, stubbornness etc)

I'm with you to get someone of his calibre is a great result for us, although in reality, setting aside the lack of ambition by our own oystons, we are a club that should and could attract good players and good coaches. Now given the clubs own 'Rigas Revolution' push when he first joined us, we should now be aiming high and pushing on
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:56 - Aug 5 with 1939 viewsspider29

Because like me the majority realise..
that he is a good manager...
We only talk a lot on here about managers..
when we have clowns such as Pince and Bazza in situ !
Why do we not talk about Riga? on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 1930 viewsvoyeur

Unfortunately KO will undermine it all, and that isn't being negative for the sake of it, it's just how it is.

I didn't follow football very much last season at all, and realised Charlton had suddenly gone from being rubbish to thrashing everyone, and wondered why. You have to be pretty good to turn something round that quickly and that emphatically.

But you also need the basic tools.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024