Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie 09:28 - Aug 6 with 4318 viewsstraightatthewall

First off, based on FiftyShades post somewhere on another page, it seems like I'm not the only person who got the impression that the move to this new site was a mass migration thing with the old site closing. It's now clear that wasn't the case.

What also stands out after a day of it being up and running (at a peak time too I would think) is the clear lack of decent footballing debate going on either re players or the wider aspects of the club.

Added to the fact that even a thread mocking Karl's hair gets pulled by the mods and you have to wonder whether its worth staying on here. The old board still as active as it was, with many of the 'big hitters' still contributing interesting debate and many OP's are getting countless replies.

I wonder if the classic Oyston tactic of misinformation has been used here too.

Think I'll flit between the 2 for now, but unless the standard of debate improves - and I said the same about BHS - then in the words of Theo Prothesis, I'm out.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 09:34 - Aug 6 with 4284 viewsLytham_FY8

'Added to the fact that even a thread mocking Karl's hair gets pulled by the mods '

It's any mention of fat Chinese kids, which can only lead me to believe that this site is in fact run by the NPA, Bazzle is a double agent and the invasion is being planned.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 9:35]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 09:36 - Aug 6 with 4276 viewsno_more_lies

There's certainly a split between the 2 boards. I was also under impression it was a case of having to transfer.
Battle lines have been drawn and it will be interesting to see which board wins out.
Like straighters I'll flit between the 2 . This site's moderation could be it's downfall which would be a shame as I prefer it.

Envy of the football league

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 09:36 - Aug 6 with 4274 viewstanger

are so saying BasilBob is telling porkies? He definitely said on the other site that they were going to kill it. He's been hanging around with KOKO for too long.
This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 09:37 - Aug 6 with 4273 viewss88bfc

Using the " this site is shutting down soon" tactic has now been proved by Fansonline to be rubbish I predict this site will be looked at as much as KoKos cheque book in the comming weeks,everyone will just go back to the old site.
This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:10 - Aug 6 with 4225 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm not really sure why I'm defending myself against this sort of stuff, but if you don't challenge it some people will believe it.

Firstly, we told you that AVFTT was moving and invited you to come with us. It was billed as "big news" because for ages people had been telling us we needed a modern home for the site. What happens to the site left with FoL is up to them, and only time will tell what happens to it. My personal opinion is that FoL will quickly grow tired of the effort needed to moderate it, but we'll see.

Your "poll" got removed because it was insulting and tasteless, and contained your customary attempt to link the Oyston family by implication to the Yewtree enquiry. You seem pre-occupied with sexual matters in a way I'd normally associate with a 14 year old boy. Most of us grow out of it long before we reach your age. I think it's time you did too. Again, just a personal opinion.

As for the standard of debate - well it's only day two and people are naturally still a bit pre-occupied with the way that the site looks and feels. A couple of signings and a competitive game or two will soon alter that. Whether you stick around or not to see it is up to you.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:11 - Aug 6 with 4221 viewsPoolSupporter

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:10 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm not really sure why I'm defending myself against this sort of stuff, but if you don't challenge it some people will believe it.

Firstly, we told you that AVFTT was moving and invited you to come with us. It was billed as "big news" because for ages people had been telling us we needed a modern home for the site. What happens to the site left with FoL is up to them, and only time will tell what happens to it. My personal opinion is that FoL will quickly grow tired of the effort needed to moderate it, but we'll see.

Your "poll" got removed because it was insulting and tasteless, and contained your customary attempt to link the Oyston family by implication to the Yewtree enquiry. You seem pre-occupied with sexual matters in a way I'd normally associate with a 14 year old boy. Most of us grow out of it long before we reach your age. I think it's time you did too. Again, just a personal opinion.

As for the standard of debate - well it's only day two and people are naturally still a bit pre-occupied with the way that the site looks and feels. A couple of signings and a competitive game or two will soon alter that. Whether you stick around or not to see it is up to you.

Tragic use of the term 'swagger jagger'

Not cool
This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:46 - Aug 6 with 4168 viewss88bfc

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:11 - Aug 6 by PoolSupporter

Tragic use of the term 'swagger jagger'

Not cool

For the record I actually quite like it,posters will make their own minds up I guess.
This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 13:21 - Aug 6 with 4123 viewsclappers

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:46 - Aug 6 by s88bfc

For the record I actually quite like it,posters will make their own minds up I guess.

My views are as follows :

That other site has long since had its day. I shan't be visiting fansoffline again. I hope big hitters will dip in and out of here and contribute.

I would like a tangerine colour more akin to BHS if I'm honest, and the logo (whilst pretty much irrelevent to me) is not to my taste.

It would be nice if we could carry over the classic smiley icons from fansoffline, just to continue AVFTT tradition :)

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Login to get fewer ads

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 13:34 - Aug 6 with 4079 viewsstraightatthewall

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 12:10 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

"AVFTT is Moving! We are moving AVFTT to a brand new website. Follow this link and register for the new board. The old AVFTT will be closing in a few weeks. Please share amongst your Facebook friends."

Taken directly from this site. That's not an invite. That's telling people that the site is moving and the old one will close down. Your words not mine. Feel free to moderate your own post as and when.

As for the poll, are you know saying that anything that insults Karl is to be removed? Hmm.
There was no attempt to link them with Yewtree. The inclusion of Savile was based around the quasi aliteration of having 3 Jimmy's in a row. It's something that those of us with the right amount of swagger jagger (way cool) can pull off with aplomb. The rest of your response on that subject is petty and abusive but contributes nothing to the actual question asked. I great way of throwing the discussion off topic and away from the difficult truths I suspect. Just my personal opinion.

That said, I find it surprising that when a club owner has a conviction for rape, has hung around openly and as friends with a man who has been convicted of sexual abuse and one cleared of sexual abuse AND frequents games with girls who look 60 years younger than him, the operators and moderators of this board apparently find it tasteless when others question that sort of behaviour. You have to wonder....

As for day 2, what difference does that make to anything? It's the same site, serving the same purpose and basically using the same posters. Yet the quality of debate doesn't exist in any way, shape or form. Which - as mentioned earlier - was what put me off BHS when that launched.

At this time of year, debate should be flowing, but it never gets up and running. Meanwhile, the real AVFTT is still thriving. The good thing is that Spider is pre-occupied with this site. Long may that continue.

Just pointing that out.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 13:49 - Aug 6 with 4044 viewsseasideone

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 13:34 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

"AVFTT is Moving! We are moving AVFTT to a brand new website. Follow this link and register for the new board. The old AVFTT will be closing in a few weeks. Please share amongst your Facebook friends."

Taken directly from this site. That's not an invite. That's telling people that the site is moving and the old one will close down. Your words not mine. Feel free to moderate your own post as and when.

As for the poll, are you know saying that anything that insults Karl is to be removed? Hmm.
There was no attempt to link them with Yewtree. The inclusion of Savile was based around the quasi aliteration of having 3 Jimmy's in a row. It's something that those of us with the right amount of swagger jagger (way cool) can pull off with aplomb. The rest of your response on that subject is petty and abusive but contributes nothing to the actual question asked. I great way of throwing the discussion off topic and away from the difficult truths I suspect. Just my personal opinion.

That said, I find it surprising that when a club owner has a conviction for rape, has hung around openly and as friends with a man who has been convicted of sexual abuse and one cleared of sexual abuse AND frequents games with girls who look 60 years younger than him, the operators and moderators of this board apparently find it tasteless when others question that sort of behaviour. You have to wonder....

As for day 2, what difference does that make to anything? It's the same site, serving the same purpose and basically using the same posters. Yet the quality of debate doesn't exist in any way, shape or form. Which - as mentioned earlier - was what put me off BHS when that launched.

At this time of year, debate should be flowing, but it never gets up and running. Meanwhile, the real AVFTT is still thriving. The good thing is that Spider is pre-occupied with this site. Long may that continue.

Just pointing that out.

Hear hear!

The only thing that has changed is the graphics.

Also VERY VERY poor the lies about the real AVFTT CLOSING.

Hang your head in shame BRRB! You are as bad as an Oyston owner of BFC!

Poll: Which AVFTT site do you like the most?

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 14:30 - Aug 6 with 3992 viewsSupport

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 13:34 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

Just pointing that out.

As someone who is involved in FansNetwork, the statement made is quite accurate. AVFTT is a trademark that was once on FansOnline but now has moved here, thus the old one has closed down. The writers etc will be working on this site. FansOnline will be quite within their right to still run a Blackpool message board, as does any other network, but the AVFTT "identity" is owned and is now here.

How I hope we're different is that while you guys make the message board, we add the fun stuff such as the prediction league, player ratings, team selectors, chat room, blogs, questionnaires, match galleries, polls, fixtures, tables, stats, ground guide, league calculator and anything else that we're working on that you mightn't have had on your old site.

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 14:45 - Aug 6 with 3966 viewswee_Bob

This site has soon lost its va va voom, its swagger jagger, its robbiedobbie on 14:30 - Aug 6 by Support

As someone who is involved in FansNetwork, the statement made is quite accurate. AVFTT is a trademark that was once on FansOnline but now has moved here, thus the old one has closed down. The writers etc will be working on this site. FansOnline will be quite within their right to still run a Blackpool message board, as does any other network, but the AVFTT "identity" is owned and is now here.

How I hope we're different is that while you guys make the message board, we add the fun stuff such as the prediction league, player ratings, team selectors, chat room, blogs, questionnaires, match galleries, polls, fixtures, tables, stats, ground guide, league calculator and anything else that we're working on that you mightn't have had on your old site.

I think because it's new that all the talk is the site rather than the football - improved today immeasurably (says he adding to this thread!)
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024