Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday 11:20 - Aug 6 with 2371 viewsstraightatthewall

GK - Lewis
RB - Tony M
LB - Orio or Dunne - does the spaniard have international clearance?
CB - Clarke
CB - Daniels (is there anyone else?)

Mid - Perkins
Mid - Mellis
Mid - Czyzcha
Mid - Lundstram/Costa Rican if work permit comes in

Str - Fonz
Str - Estonian

Used 4-4-2 purely for ease. I'm assuming G-Mac, Davies, Grant and Barks are all injured.

Have I missed out anyone obvious?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:23 - Aug 6 with 2360 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Cubero

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:24 - Aug 6 with 2352 viewsSkygod

Shouldn't be an issue, but at present GK hasn't got International Clearance from Welsh FA.
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:33 - Aug 6 with 2300 viewsspider29

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:24 - Aug 6 by Skygod

Shouldn't be an issue, but at present GK hasn't got International Clearance from Welsh FA.

A striker plus a centre back...
Then things aren't looking 2 bad 4 Florist....
Obviously more needed before deadline !
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:37 - Aug 6 with 2286 viewsspider29

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:24 - Aug 6 by Skygod

You've missed 1...
Fransisco Pol Hurtado (known as San)...
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 2275 viewstde74

The midfield looks... ok... to me.

The defence looks shaky (but who really knows?)

Up front we look alright if Glenn Miller's In the mood for signing today. (credit due to FSOG)

Overall though, it's pot luck as to whether they can immediately hit it off together, isn't it? There's been no pre-season to speak of so who knows?

If I was a guessing man, I'd say that the first few games at least are going to be, optimistically - up and down, and pessimistically - really rough.
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:48 - Aug 6 with 2250 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:41 - Aug 6 by tde74

The midfield looks... ok... to me.

The defence looks shaky (but who really knows?)

Up front we look alright if Glenn Miller's In the mood for signing today. (credit due to FSOG)

Overall though, it's pot luck as to whether they can immediately hit it off together, isn't it? There's been no pre-season to speak of so who knows?

If I was a guessing man, I'd say that the first few games at least are going to be, optimistically - up and down, and pessimistically - really rough.

Match fitness might be our undoing late on in games, but there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to make a half-decent fist of it. The players we've got are better than the rubbish Paul Ince assembled.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 2240 viewsstraightatthewall

The team as it stands looks pretty weak.

Lewis hasn't played consistently for a couple of seasons, so he's going to need a decent run of games to get back up to full speed.

McMahon is average and doesn't have the legs to support the play going forward. He'll put in an honest shift, but that's about it. Clarke won't be as good as when he left us 8 years ago and Daniels is totally unknown at this level. The Spaniard sounds good, but that's because he's spanish. At the moment he's totally unproven too.

The midfield doesn't stand out at all. Perkins is similar to McMahon; works hard and will try his best, but he lacks quality. Mellis and the Pole were both playing for a team who went down last season and nobody was interested in them other than us. I suspect that tells a tale. The wild card is the Costa Rican. Many will see their world cup exploits and believe we're onto a winner. We may well be. He could also join the ranks of those who are great at such tournaments and average for the club who buys them on the back of it. Let's hope he sees us as a chance to progress even further.

Not a clue about the Estonian, the Fonz isn't good enough, strong enough or quick enough to play up front on his own and therefore needs a target man. Given that nobody plays 4-4-2 any more, is this going to happen? Miller might prove a reasonable signing IF he's keen to knuckle down and IF his body can cope with it. The same will apply to Orlandi.

All imo of course.

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 2148 viewsclappers

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 11:51 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

The team as it stands looks pretty weak.

Lewis hasn't played consistently for a couple of seasons, so he's going to need a decent run of games to get back up to full speed.

McMahon is average and doesn't have the legs to support the play going forward. He'll put in an honest shift, but that's about it. Clarke won't be as good as when he left us 8 years ago and Daniels is totally unknown at this level. The Spaniard sounds good, but that's because he's spanish. At the moment he's totally unproven too.

The midfield doesn't stand out at all. Perkins is similar to McMahon; works hard and will try his best, but he lacks quality. Mellis and the Pole were both playing for a team who went down last season and nobody was interested in them other than us. I suspect that tells a tale. The wild card is the Costa Rican. Many will see their world cup exploits and believe we're onto a winner. We may well be. He could also join the ranks of those who are great at such tournaments and average for the club who buys them on the back of it. Let's hope he sees us as a chance to progress even further.

Not a clue about the Estonian, the Fonz isn't good enough, strong enough or quick enough to play up front on his own and therefore needs a target man. Given that nobody plays 4-4-2 any more, is this going to happen? Miller might prove a reasonable signing IF he's keen to knuckle down and IF his body can cope with it. The same will apply to Orlandi.

All imo of course.

The team is week. Match fitness will have us working hard just to stay in it, before tired legs fully expose the pitiful defense. Lots of defeats "to nil" on the cards I'd say, even with a canny manager at the helm.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Login to get fewer ads

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 13:41 - Aug 6 with 2132 viewsbfc_53

We are still well short of being competitive. The players we now have may all be good in their own right, but real competitiveness comes in the form of players who can give you a cutting edge up front. We are woefully short in this area.

We need at least two quality wingers with pace, and another quality striker. We then need a back up goalkeeper and another centre half (I don't think Clarke or Mackenzie are a good enough pairing by a long way). And all that is if we sign Orlandi.

So that's 5 + Orlandi. At least. Otherwise we are in for a major struggle this season in my opinion.

That's not to say we haven't signed good players. Potentially we have. But the majority of them are ones who are geared to prevent us losing. Match winners are still needed.

The trouble is, match winners cost more and demand more. Can we accommodate?
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 13:44 - Aug 6 with 2119 viewsclappers

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 13:41 - Aug 6 by bfc_53

We are still well short of being competitive. The players we now have may all be good in their own right, but real competitiveness comes in the form of players who can give you a cutting edge up front. We are woefully short in this area.

We need at least two quality wingers with pace, and another quality striker. We then need a back up goalkeeper and another centre half (I don't think Clarke or Mackenzie are a good enough pairing by a long way). And all that is if we sign Orlandi.

So that's 5 + Orlandi. At least. Otherwise we are in for a major struggle this season in my opinion.

That's not to say we haven't signed good players. Potentially we have. But the majority of them are ones who are geared to prevent us losing. Match winners are still needed.

The trouble is, match winners cost more and demand more. Can we accommodate?

Nice post that 53. I think KOKO is probably already thinking he's done more than enough now.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 13:46 - Aug 6 with 2112 viewsWizaard

Miller will sign. I thought Spaniards didn't need clearance due to EU law.
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 14:54 - Aug 6 with 2063 viewsstraightatthewall

So would we put Miller straight in? I think I would.

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 15:04 - Aug 6 with 2047 viewsTrashcan_Man

The big difference is Riga - he took over a doomed Charlton side, got them playing football and finished with win stats of 43%. At the beginning of last season Ince's dire atritional football gave us a good start till we were found out but hopefully Riga will be aiming for more than keeping it tight at the back, playing for 0-0 and hoping we can nick one. We saw the fast flowing football Charlton played when they trounced us. He's had a few weeks with his core players - I'm hopeful it'll bear fruit.
Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 15:19 - Aug 6 with 2021 viewsstraightatthewall

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 15:04 - Aug 6 by Trashcan_Man

The big difference is Riga - he took over a doomed Charlton side, got them playing football and finished with win stats of 43%. At the beginning of last season Ince's dire atritional football gave us a good start till we were found out but hopefully Riga will be aiming for more than keeping it tight at the back, playing for 0-0 and hoping we can nick one. We saw the fast flowing football Charlton played when they trounced us. He's had a few weeks with his core players - I'm hopeful it'll bear fruit.

Ince took over a freefalling Blackpool side and apart from one shocker at Brighton, they started to pick up plenty of points. How do we know Riga didn't just galvanise a reasonable side that had lost its way, much like Ince?

Honest answer is that we don't. We just think Riga will be better because he's foreign, looks more sophisticated and might have contacts to cheap stars in the European markets.

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 19:52 - Aug 6 with 1954 viewsWindyMiller

Trying to keep track on who we've got and who can play on Saturday on 15:19 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

Ince took over a freefalling Blackpool side and apart from one shocker at Brighton, they started to pick up plenty of points. How do we know Riga didn't just galvanise a reasonable side that had lost its way, much like Ince?

Honest answer is that we don't. We just think Riga will be better because he's foreign, looks more sophisticated and might have contacts to cheap stars in the European markets.

Anyone know where we stand with Cubero? How long does international clearance take? You'd have thought no more than a week. Still think we need some more defensive cover to give me any confidence.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024