Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? 12:40 - Aug 6 with 6658 viewsGarstangTaxiService

At all?

Please Jose give us something worth supporting.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:49 - Aug 6 with 1090 viewsbottle

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:02 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

For someone who is "out" of this site, you seem to be finding it hard to leave.

As for the "icon" crap, you know as well as I do that I didn't seek that title, and only play up to it when bantering with others. If you want to see an improvement in the quality of debate on here and make it more football-centric, then you could help matters along by setting an example - rather than posting about me.

I'm "excited" about the team and the manager and the style of football we think he is going to play - anything has to be better than the negative stuff we have been subject to in the last 2 seasons.

Of course still big reservations about our preparedness, which has been pitiful, but then how many times have we seen a new brush come in and sweep clean in the middle of a season and take time for a new manager to bed in with his players.

At the end of the day, a "technician" like Riga should be able to tune any component of his side and have the football engine running as smoothly as possible as quickly as possible.

I can't wait for the season to start, because then ALL our questions will be answered fairly quickly and the endless speculation we are all guilty of can stop. And then we can all say "yah boo sucks, told you so"
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:58 - Aug 6 with 1084 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:38 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

50's,

It's not about comparing them with anyone, but aside from robbie's perfect world, we can all admit that in the life of a supporter there are teams and players that you support more than others. And it doesn't need to be a successful team either, as I have very fond memories of Billy Ayre's battlers who twice avoided relegation back to the 4th. I couldn't say the same for the merry-go-round of strangers that Hendry and even Grayson used in achieving the same 'goal' over 10 years later. They really were just a bunch of players in tangerine. They got my support, but the didn't get my heart....

I know what you mean Straighters.

I think part of the problem is with the turnover of players also. We've had a revolving door policy for a couple of years now, and the loaning players doesn't help - there' here and they've gone again. It's hard to get an attachment to players when they're in and out of the door as often as they are at Pool TBH.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 14:59]

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 15:07 - Aug 6 with 1076 viewssourtangerine

As a fan surely no matter who wears the tangerine you should feel something? That's what a fan does. To many confuse feelings of supporting and the dross that is the oystons.

Reality check we stuck with them for another season so support the team and hound the oystons.

Or just moan moan moan, situation is a disgrace but at least we will start the season and as a final word all those placing bets on reaching the playoffs because we have some players you would be better spending it on lottery tickets.

Oystons will never leave

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 1060 viewsvoyeur

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:38 - Aug 6 by straightatthewall

50's,

It's not about comparing them with anyone, but aside from robbie's perfect world, we can all admit that in the life of a supporter there are teams and players that you support more than others. And it doesn't need to be a successful team either, as I have very fond memories of Billy Ayre's battlers who twice avoided relegation back to the 4th. I couldn't say the same for the merry-go-round of strangers that Hendry and even Grayson used in achieving the same 'goal' over 10 years later. They really were just a bunch of players in tangerine. They got my support, but the didn't get my heart....

It's obvious that you you can't feel anything for a completely new bunch of players. Such is KOs policy. Belokon enabled us to develop continuity with better signings and longer contracts, we grew to love players, but we are now back to Oyston total control.

That said, I felt nothing for Appleton or Ince's teams, cos they felt nothing for them themselves. I am much more interested in what happens next, because Riga is a manager with a soul. And a vision of what football should look like. And he is signing players who reflect that vision. To the extent that KO is allowing. Hopefully a more meaningful season is in store, once the gel sets.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 1024 viewsPoolman

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 15:17 - Aug 6 by voyeur

It's obvious that you you can't feel anything for a completely new bunch of players. Such is KOs policy. Belokon enabled us to develop continuity with better signings and longer contracts, we grew to love players, but we are now back to Oyston total control.

That said, I felt nothing for Appleton or Ince's teams, cos they felt nothing for them themselves. I am much more interested in what happens next, because Riga is a manager with a soul. And a vision of what football should look like. And he is signing players who reflect that vision. To the extent that KO is allowing. Hopefully a more meaningful season is in store, once the gel sets.

Cubero excites me and I am keen to see what some of these others can do. For me it's all about Riga rather than the team. The manager fascinates me - his heir of being above the media, the fact he held out for a better deal with Oyston and the way he plays the game. I think he will make just as fascinating spectacle for fans as the players will.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 18:37 - Aug 6 with 1022 viewssoulsider

I think what's missing is a rallying call from Riga on Friday night. He needs to get the fans stirred up and behind the players. Koko has subdued the mood for too long.

This is your time Jose. All hail the Riga Revolution.

“I’m not blowing our own trumpet here, but they all wish they could be like us." Karl Oyston 29/10/2013

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 18:37 - Aug 6 with 1018 viewsgjr69

The promotion team of 2010 evolved from the promotion team of 2007, we were with them all the way as they achieved great things.

Most clubs have teams that evolve, we are run differently, our team has been thrown together based primarily on cost.

It may or may not work but just as the players will have to bond and work on team spirit, concepts that i think Oyston would struggle to comprehend, the fans also need to develop some sort of feeling for the new players and management team.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 19:28 - Aug 6 with 1002 viewsmattblackhq

Just wait until they all start kissing the badge #fikkle
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:10 - Aug 6 with 985 viewsTwoPhillips

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 19:28 - Aug 6 by mattblackhq

Just wait until they all start kissing the badge #fikkle

GTS - with regards to the o/p - is it not like meeting a woman on an internet dating site, looks good on paper but you won't know what she's like until you see her in action!!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:14 - Aug 6 with 983 viewssteve_g

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:10 - Aug 6 by TwoPhillips

GTS - with regards to the o/p - is it not like meeting a woman on an internet dating site, looks good on paper but you won't know what she's like until you see her in action!!

Interesting when you look at the side which started against QPR on the opening day of the 2009/10 season against QPR ..

01 Rachubka
03 Crainey
06 Evatt
15 Baptiste
24 Edwards
04 Southern
11 Vaughan (Clarke 73)
26 Adam
09 Burgess
12 Taylor-Fletcher (Ormerod 68)
18 Euell

Rachubka, Euell and Edwards and to some extent Burgess all dropped off but actually that effectively was the team that ended up winning us promotion to the Premier League, Will be interesting to see the starting line up on Saturday and see how it compares.

The other point is that we knew most of that side and so bought in to it - we hardly know any of these players and so maybe why we feel nothing?

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 22:45 - Aug 6 with 978 viewsTwoPhillips

50's,

SATW - totally agree with you about needing players to get in to the blood and for fans to feel a passion for. At the moment there are none but there again there weren't many last season either. Other than McMahon at Wigan I rarely saw any passion from our players but there again they were playing in a toxic and demoralising atmosphere. I hope that a new season with new players/manager will give us that opportunity.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:10 - Aug 7 with 958 viewsclappers

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 22:45 - Aug 6 by TwoPhillips

SATW - totally agree with you about needing players to get in to the blood and for fans to feel a passion for. At the moment there are none but there again there weren't many last season either. Other than McMahon at Wigan I rarely saw any passion from our players but there again they were playing in a toxic and demoralising atmosphere. I hope that a new season with new players/manager will give us that opportunity.

Its impossible to truly feel the love for the team and the manager and the club when you know the evil that lurks within it, the manager has said nothing, and the team is a bunch of strangers.

If its a great atmosphere for the first home game, then I'll be absolutely amazed and I'll be paying full price to support them.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:16 - Aug 7 with 956 viewsFixitian

50's,

We don't have to wait long to see how they compete. Roll on Blackburn.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:59 - Aug 7 with 945 viewsbig_bloomers

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:16 - Aug 7 by Fixitian

We don't have to wait long to see how they compete. Roll on Blackburn.

Things seem to have stalled badly this week - from six definites at the start of the week to just three arriving so far, can't help but feel the side will be a bit rag bag on Saturday - I can't count beyond 13 players at the moment

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:26 - Aug 7 with 923 viewsWindyMiller

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 13:59 - Aug 7 by big_bloomers

Things seem to have stalled badly this week - from six definites at the start of the week to just three arriving so far, can't help but feel the side will be a bit rag bag on Saturday - I can't count beyond 13 players at the moment

Wonder if the o/p feels differently after the Jose interview - certainly got me interested to see what they can do on Saturday and am looking forward to Blackburn.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:59 - Aug 7 with 859 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 21:26 - Aug 7 by WindyMiller

Wonder if the o/p feels differently after the Jose interview - certainly got me interested to see what they can do on Saturday and am looking forward to Blackburn.

Feeling something for a team is a two way thing and loyalty and decent length contracts plays a big part. Was I upset to see any of the squad of last season go? Nope. The reason is I never really knew who our team was - the Louis Almond incident being the one that sticks out. If we keep the same XI week in, week out that's when you start to feel something for the team (and them winning helps!).

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 09:17 - Aug 12 with 841 viewsbrassedoff

I just commented on this on another thread! I wouldn't know this group of players if they robbed my house. I know it takes time but I do feel very disconnected from it all.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 09:27 - Aug 12 with 836 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

50's,

Hoping to feel something for them tonight at Gay Meadow
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 10:02 - Aug 12 with 836 viewsDon_K_Lasher

50's,

BRR is right, it's about the club and the shirt.

After they came over and thanked the fans at Forrest I felt more for them as players too.

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 816 viewssteve_g

Actually I do feel something now ... despair!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 797 viewsbig_bloomers

Just thought I'd bump this and see if feelings have changed

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 790 viewstangerinedom

50's,

The goalkeeper fills me with confidence, think the back four needs a bit more time to gel, when we've got work clearance and are injury free the midfield looks exciting - if anything it's up front where I'm not feeling it - we need a Billy Sharp type character.
Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 19:20 - Aug 18 with 736 viewsFY4MIKEH

Anyone else feel nothing for this team yet? on 14:02 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

For someone who is "out" of this site, you seem to be finding it hard to leave.

As for the "icon" crap, you know as well as I do that I didn't seek that title, and only play up to it when bantering with others. If you want to see an improvement in the quality of debate on here and make it more football-centric, then you could help matters along by setting an example - rather than posting about me.

This squad is far better than the shoite last term. Give them time to gel and we will be nowhere near the relegation battle.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024