Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are some of our fans stupid? 08:37 - Aug 7 with 1496 viewsSTHolder

I keep reading these ridiculous statements from Blackpool fans 'not a penny more' and 'no more home games' which is fair enough and I actually admire that stance. Yet these same fans say they are going to away games only! So you're prepared to put money in the pockets of other unscrupulous owners but not ours.

Look at what is happening at Forest! They have become another club where the fans and management are turning on their owners (which is a shame because the previous guy who died was a decent bloke) so why on earth would you want to part with your money and give it them!

I know it's a tough call but I'd sooner put money in the pockets of our immoral owners than others because there's a bit of a chance that will actually be spent on our players!
Are some of our fans stupid? on 08:39 - Aug 7 with 1483 viewsLytham_FY8

I admire the stance, but only if you take it in to all parts of your life and research everything you buy.

Who can be @rsed?

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Are some of our fans stupid? on 08:50 - Aug 7 with 1448 viewsTwoPhillips

Are some of our fans stupid? on 08:39 - Aug 7 by Lytham_FY8

I admire the stance, but only if you take it in to all parts of your life and research everything you buy.

Who can be @rsed?

Lytham_FY8 - tend to agree - life is for living and football is my passion. Why would I want to sit at home on a Saturday afternoon when I can watch my side play regardless of what the owner has or hasn't done. That's like saying I'm not going to shop in an old supermarket store because the owners have taken a nice bonus and not reinvested in the shelving!

Only people who will miss out are those who don't attend and guarantee that those in charge at BST will be there on the opening day and the so called principled will be watching Jeff!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Are some of our fans stupid? on 08:50 - Aug 7 with 1446 viewsbeagle

Haven't Forest signed someone for £5.5Million today?
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:04 - Aug 7 with 1410 viewsstraightatthewall

STHolder,

I think the question posed in the very top line (subject box) is answered by the last line of your post.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 1389 viewsgjr69

Are some of our fans stupid? on 08:50 - Aug 7 by TwoPhillips

Lytham_FY8 - tend to agree - life is for living and football is my passion. Why would I want to sit at home on a Saturday afternoon when I can watch my side play regardless of what the owner has or hasn't done. That's like saying I'm not going to shop in an old supermarket store because the owners have taken a nice bonus and not reinvested in the shelving!

Only people who will miss out are those who don't attend and guarantee that those in charge at BST will be there on the opening day and the so called principled will be watching Jeff!

Why do people always compare Football Clubs to supermarkets, ridiculous analogy.

A supermarket is just a supermarket, but football means so much more to people.
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 1367 viewsLytham_FY8

I'm quite attached to Asda.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 1367 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:10 - Aug 7 by gjr69

Why do people always compare Football Clubs to supermarkets, ridiculous analogy.

I dunno... Karl seems to like shopping in the bargain basement , looking for the whoopsi
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:18 - Aug 7 with 1351 viewsBlade01

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:10 - Aug 7 by gjr69

Football is unique in so much as the emotional attachment and investment. If you get pi55ed off with the fruit & veg at Tesco (I have) then you go somewhere else, football can never really be like that.

Not sure Forest is a good comparison to make given that they've spent £5m (rising to £8m apparently) on Assombolonga. Whether he is worth that amount is another discussion!

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Login to get fewer ads

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:25 - Aug 7 with 1333 viewsTangerine_Cabbie

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:18 - Aug 7 by Blade01

Football is unique in so much as the emotional attachment and investment. If you get pi55ed off with the fruit & veg at Tesco (I have) then you go somewhere else, football can never really be like that.

Not sure Forest is a good comparison to make given that they've spent £5m (rising to £8m apparently) on Assombolonga. Whether he is worth that amount is another discussion!

Hey Blade have you ever handled a Water melon for longer than was appropriate in public?? Or is that just me
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 1320 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

I agree Blade, whether that £5m is money well spent is debatable. In the context of the Wendies winger with a less than startling record for £1.5m as well perhaps not.
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:31 - Aug 7 with 1315 viewsspider29

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:25 - Aug 7 by Tangerine_Cabbie

Hey Blade have you ever handled a Water melon for longer than was appropriate in public?? Or is that just me

Superb post...
Some of the foreign opposition
chairmen are bigger thugs than ours !
Absolutely stupid stance by some of
our supporters...
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 1300 viewsMephistopheles

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:18 - Aug 7 by Blade01

Wot Blade01 sed.

Although you’re actually lucky because if your lot ever went to the wall you have the privilege of being able to transfer to the MASSIVE. In fact they’re so MASSIVE I’m surprised you and all other Sheff U fans don’t already support them secretly
Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 1289 viewsBlade01

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:25 - Aug 7 by Tangerine_Cabbie

Cabbie, nothing I'd admit to on here, but my O/H does give me a sympathetic look when we get to the last Chicken in the shop

As for Antonio, I wonder how much input Pearce is getting with regard to transfers? I'm guessing not much!

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:55 - Aug 7 with 1256 viewsWindyMiller

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:42 - Aug 7 by Blade01

Cabbie, nothing I'd admit to on here, but my O/H does give me a sympathetic look when we get to the last Chicken in the shop

As for Antonio, I wonder how much input Pearce is getting with regard to transfers? I'm guessing not much!

I deliberately don't buy an away programme, refreshments or anything that puts revenue in another team's pocket. Must say some of the stance that has been taken would have been more relevant in the 80's than now. Championship football should not be taken for granted and I'll enjoy it whilst we've got in. Nothing I will do will stop the O's from plundering the club's silver.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Are some of our fans stupid? on 10:10 - Aug 7 with 1234 viewsTomorTrev

I take it the op is a WUM, the only explanation for the last paragraph of the thread !

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

Are some of our fans stupid? on 11:29 - Aug 7 with 1179 viewsTwoPhillips

Are some of our fans stupid? on 10:10 - Aug 7 by TomorTrev

I take it the op is a WUM, the only explanation for the last paragraph of the thread !

I love the rating system and the likes and dislikes on this site - clearly the O/P didn't quite hit the mark with most!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Are some of our fans stupid? on 11:44 - Aug 7 with 1139 viewsBlade01

Are some of our fans stupid? on 09:41 - Aug 7 by Mephistopheles

Wot Blade01 sed.

Although you’re actually lucky because if your lot ever went to the wall you have the privilege of being able to transfer to the MASSIVE. In fact they’re so MASSIVE I’m surprised you and all other Sheff U fans don’t already support them secretly

Meph, transferring my support to that lot comes just below "sticking my head in a lions mouth and flicking its nuts with a towel" on my list of things I'd like to do before I die.

I couldn't even accept the job on Football Manager, would have just felt wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024