Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ 00:04 - Aug 9 with 22095 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 2640 viewsCTB184

For me, Gomis, Montero, Ki and Fabianski have been our best players this game. Well, Ki and Fabianski have been okay, far better than others. I think Taylor is going to have a good partnership with Montero but I don't know about playing Bony and Gomis together. Both brilliant players but we have to find a system that works and I feel that we need Sigurdsson in behind them. Amat is a far better player than Bartley and should start before he does.

We are definitely missing Britton in this team though, hopefully he comes back from Injury soon!

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 2635 viewsJethroJack

It's like watching the Redturds.......I'll go wash my mouth out with soap.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 2627 viewsblaine_scfc

Chico was the weak link of the defence obviously.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:31 - Aug 9 with 2611 viewsZut_Alors

Villarreal playing some lovely stuff.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:32 - Aug 9 with 2567 viewsStarsky

Great saves from Fabi

It's just the internet, init.

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:33 - Aug 9 with 2518 viewsRancid

And Wilf looks likes he's pulled up.We've had better afternoons.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 2454 viewsMorganator100

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:26 - Aug 9 by mongtero

Monk out!

No but seriously this is embarrassing. Hopefully the Argentine joins and Fabianski settles in. He's looked awful today.

Fabianski looked awful???? Are you for real. He's been left exposed by his defence.

The issue today is that our shape is all wrong.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 2368 viewsJethroJack

No need to panic.......Villarreal are a much better side than Utd
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:36 - Aug 9 with 2360 viewsZut_Alors

My only complaint really is that this is obviously not working so why are we risking injuries to our key players now. Let's give the youngsters a run out.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 2280 viewsJethroJack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:34 - Aug 9 by Morganator100

Fabianski looked awful???? Are you for real. He's been left exposed by his defence.

The issue today is that our shape is all wrong.

Decent saves, but poor distribution.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 2275 viewsskippyjack

Monk out... Laudrup back!.. Spaniards back!.. Sell Williams.. Loan Bartley out!.. Buy a new CB.. RB.. DM.. JDG... Winger.. We'll stay up.. But it's going to be a rollercoaster this season..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 2266 viewsMagic_Michu

Why isn't he changing it and playing the formation we'll play next week with Bray on the wing. Get Bony off and Gylfi at 10

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 2189 viewsQuakerJack

Well I've given up, it's depressing me so I'm watching Fort William vs Kingussie in a game of shinty on BBC Alba, Fort William just went 2-1 up.

The most worrying thing for me is that Garry "I know the Swansea values better than anyone" Monk has us playing hoof ball.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 2188 viewsJonnyTheJack

We won't be seeing 4-4-2 again this season unless we're desperate.

Not blaming Monk either because we only had 1 winger available unless he wanted to give Bray a game. Gylfi is wasted out wide. Possession game has been poor and I think that's due to the formation but also Villareal have been impressive.

This is what pre season is about. No need to worry although that won't stop people.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:43 - Aug 9 with 2127 viewsBLAZE

I was really looking forward to todays game n'all

Felt very confident with our attacking options and thought a bit of defensive tinkering and we'd have a very exciting squad

Now all of a sudden we're looking thin and more fundamentally, completely shapeless. Dunno what to make of it really - I dont wanna get too despondant over a friendly match, but im struggling to pick any positives from this
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2091 viewsmonmouth

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:36 - Aug 9 by Zut_Alors

My only complaint really is that this is obviously not working so why are we risking injuries to our key players now. Let's give the youngsters a run out.

This. And right to the end too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:46 - Aug 9 with 2026 viewsStarsky

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:43 - Aug 9 by BLAZE

Felt very confident with our attacking options and thought a bit of defensive tinkering and we'd have a very exciting squad

Now all of a sudden we're looking thin and more fundamentally, completely shapeless. Dunno what to make of it really - I dont wanna get too despondant over a friendly match, but im struggling to pick any positives from this

The shape is all wrong but without Dyer and Routledge even Britton it's just too much to cope with today.

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:46 - Aug 9 with 2007 viewstherealme

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:41 - Aug 9 by JonnyTheJack

We won't be seeing 4-4-2 again this season unless we're desperate.

Not blaming Monk either because we only had 1 winger available unless he wanted to give Bray a game. Gylfi is wasted out wide. Possession game has been poor and I think that's due to the formation but also Villareal have been impressive.

This is what pre season is about. No need to worry although that won't stop people.

We won't see 442 again? And you are sure of that? because I'm not

I thought Garry would have learnt his lesson when we were completely outplayed by Southampton on the final day of last season, using a diamond formation

disclaimer: I'm a monk fan

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:47 - Aug 9 with 1981 viewsTom1912

Can't say I'm as confident as most that we won't be seeing 442 very often this season.

Monk played it at least twice last season (Villa and Southampton) and we've spent a fortune on signing a second striker.

I think we'll see it more than people expect this season, possibly at home against the weaker sides. Hopefully not at United though.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:47 - Aug 9 with 1968 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I bet Montero and Gomis wish they'ed moved to Villarreal.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 1904 viewsJango

Have any of you actually thought that monk may be trying to give all the players that have fighting chance of playing next week, a full 90 minutes to get their fitness up? He may also see it as an opportunity to try a few different things out? The over reaction is comical! A lot of you are wanting monk to fail for some reason, but to have such a negative view on a friendly is shocking and you really need a look at yourselves,!
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:49 - Aug 9 with 1874 viewsQuakerJack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:46 - Aug 9 by therealme

We won't see 442 again? And you are sure of that? because I'm not

I thought Garry would have learnt his lesson when we were completely outplayed by Southampton on the final day of last season, using a diamond formation

disclaimer: I'm a monk fan

No I agree...

I was hoping if there was an alternative it would be 352, but we don't have 3 quality centre halves to play that way. And Monk isn't tactically astute enough to make it work.

NO MORE 4-4-2 GARRY, FOR FUKE SAKE!!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:50 - Aug 9 with 1845 viewsStarsky

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:49 - Aug 9 by QuakerJack

No I agree...

I was hoping if there was an alternative it would be 352, but we don't have 3 quality centre halves to play that way. And Monk isn't tactically astute enough to make it work.

NO MORE 4-4-2 GARRY, FOR FUKE SAKE!!!

Don't fret. New Centre half on his way

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:51 - Aug 9 with 1810 viewsskippyjack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:43 - Aug 9 by BLAZE

Nah it's just we're off the pace.. Can't see us getting anything against United... But we'll have a better picture against Burnley.. We need a few more additions.. Stop tinkering with formations.. and get a squad that's ready to assault the Premier League.. And our backline need to follow the A.Madrid model..(evidence in this game)

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 1701 viewsZut_Alors

Thing is lads, say we're losing 1-0 in a week or so — back in our usual formation — first thing people will be calling for come around 70mins is for Gomis to come on. So what formation do we go for then? Because taking Bony off isn't gonna be popular. Trying another formation now isn't a bad thing at all, not learning from it if it didn't work out is. After all, people used to slate Rodgers for only having a plan A.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024