Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? 21:46 - Aug 9 with 3987 viewsBloodtangerine

Or is anyone anticipating it will kick on?

Seems to me only the closure of the real AVFTT forcing posters over would get enough traffic here to enable this site to survive in any real worthwhile way?

Not being a cokk but it's the way most will see it

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 21:49 - Aug 9 with 3422 views911_Kirky

I must admit, this site is a bit sh1t at the moment.....
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:13 - Aug 9 with 3373 viewsAVFTT

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 21:49 - Aug 9 by 911_Kirky

I must admit, this site is a bit sh1t at the moment.....

We had loads of new registrations today, the chat room during the game had over 150 users and as you can see from the Prediction League there have been hundreds registered for it.

We're on Day Four and it will take time to really get going. The only way it will is for some of the hundreds (actually thousands!) of people registered to start posting. Strange thing is that every bit of reaction we've had so far is that it is so much better than the other site in terms of functionality, speed and features but it's down to you guys now to make the board look busy.

There seems to be this misconception that people only post if there's loads of other posts but truth be known only about 5% of people every post on sites whereas as you can see from the stats below, there are people of people on line on line reading what you're saying! Comment on as many threads as you can, start some new ones, get some polls going and let's get it going.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:18 - Aug 9 with 3361 views911_Kirky

I think the site is loads better, but whilst the other is still up and running this will struggle! Hope it gets busier with more posters.....
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:23 - Aug 9 with 3339 viewstde74

The pigs are walking over on the other site, I expect Boxer, Clover and the rest will realise that soon enough.
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:24 - Aug 9 with 3329 viewsrealistic

I suppose posting a thread slagging the site off daily will help with traffic, so the o/p is doing a service of some sort.

As others have said though, it's day 4, not 4 years old, give it time.

BHS took off, so no reason why this site can't, people can post on all the sites as they wish, once people get used to the features here, I'm sure more posts and replies will appear.

The chat room on matchday is a great feature by the way.

''quod saveris metes''

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 3321 viewsCagey

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:23 - Aug 9 by tde74

The pigs are walking over on the other site, I expect Boxer, Clover and the rest will realise that soon enough.

I think Woody Allens comment sums up the new site

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 3309 viewsbottle

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:18 - Aug 9 by 911_Kirky

I think the site is loads better, but whilst the other is still up and running this will struggle! Hope it gets busier with more posters.....

Blood this is your second thread on this theme in two days now. I think you made your feelings clear on the old site with regards to where you prefer to post. Perhaps you should respect the decision of many to move to this new format, there is no need to keep harping on about the premature death of the new AVFTT - according to many on there they are glad people have left so they can have free reign to voice their opinions without fear of being challenged over those views.

I'll continue to post where I see fit and don't need to worry about the perceived durability of either site, I just don't see the need to keep posing questions about traffic. Glad to see that you can't resist popping over now and then, but perhaps your contribution could be a bit less contentious, you can be quite amusing and entertaining at times, so those contributions would be more than welcome and would go a long way to making this site the success it deserves to be.
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:35 - Aug 9 with 3285 viewsstu

Realistic and bottle well said lads

Tangerine is the new black

Login to get fewer ads

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:37 - Aug 9 with 3280 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:23 - Aug 9 by tde74

PIgs?

Nice. The other site is very active and happy.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:39 - Aug 9 with 3274 viewsThe_Ghost

It's more like Duck a l'Orange.
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:41 - Aug 9 with 3268 viewsTomorTrev

That comment coming from a supposed Mod!

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:46 - Aug 9 with 3245 viewstde74

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:41 - Aug 9 by TomorTrev

That comment coming from a supposed Mod!

Not a big Orwell fan? More of a Nuts man I see, judging by the avatar.
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? (n/t) on 22:49 - Aug 9 with 3233 viewsstu

Oops fcked that up
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 22:54]

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 3218 viewsbottle

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:39 - Aug 9 by The_Ghost

It's more like Duck a l'Orange.

FSOG for someone who swore they would never post on this site again I make that one thread started and one reply made so far!

I'm not bothered really as I like your posts and enjoyed your report on the game today, a quick cut and paste over here would be much appreciated and takes hardly any time at all.

I just don't understand all the animosity both ways to be honest, there are far more important people to be angry with at the moment without drawing parallels with Animal Farm and Lord Of The Flies, we should be concentrating on those reading Running A Football League Club For Dummies!
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 22:56 - Aug 9 with 3213 viewstde74

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? (n/t) on 22:49 - Aug 9 by stu

Oops fcked that up
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 22:54]

I'm only mucking about, Snowball.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 23:02 - Aug 9 with 3188 viewsstu

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 07:22 - Aug 10 with 3109 viewspooljimbo

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 23:02 - Aug 9 by stu

bottle hits the nail on the head.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 08:55 - Aug 10 with 3062 viewsOsbourne

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 07:22 - Aug 10 by pooljimbo

bottle hits the nail on the head.

This is a seriously good site.
People should support it.
why people aren't.

Old Site is only going one way -
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 3034 viewsBedfordseasider

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 08:55 - Aug 10 by Osbourne

This is a seriously good site.
People should support it.
why people aren't.

Old Site is only going one way -

Obviously time will tell . I tend to use & read both now (never used others) which is a bit of a pain but I like to get a good cross section of views .

Whilst this site has more gimmicks & wizz bangs I find it not as easy to follow & read as the FOL format where you get a much clearer view of more on going threads .
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 09:49 - Aug 10 with 3013 views911_Kirky

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 09:26 - Aug 10 by Bedfordseasider

Obviously time will tell . I tend to use & read both now (never used others) which is a bit of a pain but I like to get a good cross section of views .

Whilst this site has more gimmicks & wizz bangs I find it not as easy to follow & read as the FOL format where you get a much clearer view of more on going threads .

Totally agree with that. It isn't as easy to read and is a little complicated to navigate than the other site..... (Could be an age/technical related thing for me - I struggle with light switches these days!).

With all things new it'll take time to get use to it, but I'm sure if will take off and be successful.

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 10:00 - Aug 10 with 3005 viewsonlyonepool

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 09:49 - Aug 10 by 911_Kirky

Totally agree with that. It isn't as easy to read and is a little complicated to navigate than the other site..... (Could be an age/technical related thing for me - I struggle with light switches these days!).

With all things new it'll take time to get use to it, but I'm sure if will take off and be successful.

Definitely some good features on this site but more debate going on the other site still. Early days so not fair to judge yet,

Looking at the stats on the fixtures feature, that was certainly some crowd at the City ground yesterday, must be a world record 280,280
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsTrashcan_Man

To be honest, a site that features far less input from Man United fans with no real feeling for the Blackpool FC or it's history, who are intent on letting everyone know what a nice and reasonable bloke they are and are more concerned with the volume of replies rather than the quality or the subject matter of the debate is a plus for me.
Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 2924 viewsstu

Ditto

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:45 - Aug 10 with 2909 viewsBloodtangerine

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:38 - Aug 10 by stu

Ditto

Trashcan and Stu.......at least you post on here...hats off to you. You are both taking cheap shots and talking chite but that's secondary.....step up and get some traffic going lads

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:48 - Aug 10 with 2899 viewsFixitian

Is this site a bit of a dead duck already? on 19:45 - Aug 10 by Bloodtangerine

Trashcan and Stu.......at least you post on here...hats off to you. You are both taking cheap shots and talking chite but that's secondary.....step up and get some traffic going lads

Stop going on the old site and make this one work, simples really.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024