Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a few thoughts on yesterday 11:12 - Aug 10 with 1239 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't know what it is about us on blazing hot opening days, but they rarely seem to go well. So yesterday was just one of many, in some respects.

After 90 minutes careful watching of the new look side it's still hard to know what to make of them. I thought we were a bit slow to start (but then again, so were they), and for all the neat passing we fashioned our best chance with an old fashioned set piece - which Delfouneso really should have done better with.

After that, we had a poor five minutes which obviously decided the game, and for both goals we should have done much better. On the first, I think Lewis is standing a bit too far off his line, limiting his time to react. For the second, we have not only not closed down the throw quickly enough, but have also showed him inside into a shooting opportunity. It looks pretty on the TV, but it's a poor goal from a coaching perspective.

It was after that that we saw much the best of us. It would have been easy to capitulate, but we took the game to them, particularly early in the second half, and Orlandi's effort that curled wide would have been a terrific goal. I thought Forest seemed happy with 2-0 although they did have a decent bit of pressure right at the end.

Overall, I thought we looked pretty solid at the back (they created only one clear cut chance I can remember). We were neat and pretty in the middle of the park, but seemed to want too much time on the ball at times - time we weren't given. Up front, we didn't really do enough for me.

There were some good performances. I liked the look of Orlandi and Mellis, they are both skilful players. Daniels is a big strong lad who did well on debut, and McMahon stood up well to the pressure down his side. But for me the MotM was Perkins - playing out of position, he was absolutely heroic at times, as well as showing no little ability. He's a good lad to have in your side.

A new era then, and some new people to get behind. We will be much better for yesterday, I'm sure.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

a few thoughts on yesterday on 11:16 - Aug 10 with 1232 viewsmickBFC

Thanks for that👍

Hopefully we will get some players registered and kick on. I think the league may be the strongest for a few years.
a few thoughts on yesterday on 13:15 - Aug 10 with 1142 viewsThe_Ghost

It's good to see some optimism after that summer of disappointment.
a few thoughts on yesterday on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 1131 viewsLytham_FY8

I think the basics are there for a decent team, we need to get Riga on board properly, he's clearly looking for a way out already and who could blame him.

We looked ok for bits and bobs but Florist were coasting for large periods.

The player registration shambles is completely unacceptable and the buck MUST stop with the chairman, otherwise what's he paid for? Except he's buggered off on holiday again, remove Karl from the club and watch it fly, his fake bravado and inability to admit his clear incompetence is holding us back time after time.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 13:22]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

a few thoughts on yesterday on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 1127 viewsstu

Can't comment as I wasn't there. Thanks for the report, hopefully once a few more come in and registrations all sorted we'll have a decent squad that can compete in this league.

Tangerine is the new black

a few thoughts on yesterday on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 1098 viewsWizaard

After all the shambles we've endured, I thought we gave a heartening performance in the circumstances.

Definitely hope for optimism. Having said that, a lot hinges on Riga stopping. If he does I'm sure we'll be fine.

We're still in preseason mode, farcically, but we'll get better.
a few thoughts on yesterday on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 1023 viewsKOSBowlCut

BRR - great to still read your stuff on here (have you seen the other place have unbanned everyone! It will be chaos!). Interesting reading about your thoughts on the goals which I thought was well taken.

Be interested to know which players you feel should be guaranteed a place and which we need to fill?

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

a few thoughts on yesterday on 16:42 - Aug 10 with 915 viewsrigabeliever

a few thoughts on yesterday on 14:37 - Aug 10 by KOSBowlCut

BRR - great to still read your stuff on here (have you seen the other place have unbanned everyone! It will be chaos!). Interesting reading about your thoughts on the goals which I thought was well taken.

Be interested to know which players you feel should be guaranteed a place and which we need to fill?

Agree about Perkins BRR - his attitude last season was absolutely first rate and to have gone through what he has is exceptional!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

a few thoughts on yesterday on 17:45 - Aug 10 with 842 viewsFY4MIKEH

a few thoughts on yesterday on 16:42 - Aug 10 by rigabeliever

Agree about Perkins BRR - his attitude last season was absolutely first rate and to have gone through what he has is exceptional!

Good report Robbie. Once we get the players registered we should be able to compete.
Login to get fewer ads

a few thoughts on yesterday on 17:51 - Aug 10 with 831 viewsWizaard

Funny how a defeat can lead to everyone there seeing positives. Last season we were winning, but it was always scrappy. Now I'm happy to take positives from the performance.

You can see what Riga is trying to do, I just hope he'll be around long enough to have a real impact.

If he is, then my 125/1 on promotion by any route may not be as fanciful as even I thought.
a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:09 - Aug 10 with 814 viewsOdinsRaven

a few thoughts on yesterday on 17:51 - Aug 10 by Wizaard

Funny how a defeat can lead to everyone there seeing positives. Last season we were winning, but it was always scrappy. Now I'm happy to take positives from the performance.

You can see what Riga is trying to do, I just hope he'll be around long enough to have a real impact.

If he is, then my 125/1 on promotion by any route may not be as fanciful as even I thought.

According to ODB they took the gas off after we went two down. So who is correct?? BRR or ODB...
a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 799 viewsFixitian

a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:09 - Aug 10 by OdinsRaven

According to ODB they took the gas off after we went two down. So who is correct?? BRR or ODB...

We had player s out through injury and others didn't have work permits. Things can only get better. keep the faith.
a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:18 - Aug 10 with 798 viewsrealistic

a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:09 - Aug 10 by OdinsRaven

ODB has a very knowlegeable understanding of football and is more aware, in my opinion.

''quod saveris metes''

a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:37 - Aug 10 with 769 viewstonysoprano

I know Chissy is persistently optimistic but he said several times in the 2nd half of his Radio Lancs commentary that there were plenty of reasons to be encouraged by the teams display .
a few thoughts on yesterday on 18:38 - Aug 10 with 766 viewsGraham9

I agree with ODB at 2 nil I thought Forest stepped off the gas Perkins tried his damnedist but was playing as a make shift left back, on the positve side this is a team who are going to play football not hoofball I believe we will only get better when up to full strength, Lundstrom was another positive I thought but the truth is that Forest were handed a freebie by ko theyll never meet a worse prepared team than they played on Saturday
a few thoughts on yesterday on 20:03 - Aug 10 with 699 viewsSTHolder

"I think Lewis is standing a bit too far off his line, limiting his time to react"

Total opposite to 'never came out' Gilks .. two extremes in our goal!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024