Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B.L.T TO SHREWSBURY BY FY4MIKEH 22:56 - Aug 13 with 635 viewspool50

H
BLT to Shropshire.

Well I'm not going to talk about the match. What was there to talk about....Nowt.
I made my way to our new departure venue namely The Boars Head at 1pm and was greeted by my old adversaries Bo, Hazel and the gang.
I had started earning my wages by recruiting Jarv and Jimmy( real name ) David that morning, meaning we now had a full mini bus.
Other newcomers included Matty BFC fan, Iggy and his good lady, and a group of lads that made our average age a lot lower.
A couple of beers and we went to our transport for a 2pm start as we thought.
Unfortunately Iggy had told hid ladyfriend the wrong departure time, and she tipped up at 2.40pm. Very apologetic, and with our natives rather wrestles we set off for our trip to the Charles Darwin pub in Shrewsbury.
Rammy and Tony Parr had been in The Boars, but they were going on the train to Wigan to travel with our sister company Traitor Tours.
One of our crew asked what time we would get there, and when told 5pm his reply was....still plenty of time to get nicked.
This gentleman was busy plying himself with bloody Mary's all the way to Shropshire.
Plenty of banter and much merriment ensued, a lot relating to one of our disabled fans and his soirée into the world of snooker at a recent event in Blackpool, where he never won a frame.
It was muted that he probably couldn't see over the table, and had to have mirrors on his cue. Terrible but all done without any malice.
We landed at the pub at 5.10pm and were greeted by quite a few fellow Seasiders, namely our own resident badge seller and his brother.
Rob the host made us feel very welcome, and the food and ale were good and very reasonably priced.
Some others off the Dark side were in there namely BRR, Bedford and Phil bfc.
Jezza and his son were in there, but didn't see him till later at the game.
Our youth were busy playing pool, and one lad who is related to our own 77, seemed to be knocking them off the table one by one.
When asked for a new challenger, no one seemed keen to come forward.
Up stepped my good self, and with the huge support from the BLT faithful, I actually won much to the amazement of the watching crowd. I think David just had an off game. He would have probably beaten me 99 times out of 100. Anyway David thanks mate for letting me win.
After food and a few beers we set off for the ground at 7pm.
On arrival we saw BSA climbing off their coach with Tangoman decked out with his usual gear, and his lady who one of our group said she would look good as a page3 model in the Screwfix catalogue.
Inside I had the pleasure of hooking up with our very own Q and Mrs Q. He looked a little lost out of his comfort zone of Yorkshire, but every credit for them for making the journey.
Rodders and Hills were there looking their usual eloquent selves, and Matty told me that on a previous BSA journey he had been touched up by the said Rodders.
As I said no comment on the game other than to say the 700 Pool fans sang their hearts out all game long, and if this lot can't perform with the backing they received then god help us.
We set off back and one traveller kept us entertained all the way back with stories of his past fights at venues over the years, mainly Southampton.
He kept pestering Bob to drop him off at Yates's in Preston so he could have a ruck. We had this for a good hour and a half, but Bob was having none of it.
The said guy at one point threatened to open the door and do a roll on the M6. He did start to open the door, then thought better of it.
I finally got home at 12.15am, and I'm sorry if there is not a lot of comical content, we still had another great day out. Thanks Bob, Hazel and Andrew. Roll on Wigan.

[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 23:05]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024