Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migration.... 23:45 - Aug 14 with 7158 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

The new AVFTT is now my permanent home.

Oyston out.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Migration.... on 08:13 - Aug 23 with 1249 viewshertfordseasider

Migration.... on 23:45 - Aug 22 by 20togo

Hertford

I say it because of this.

"the old site is no different to how it ever was, why the constant worry about it all? "

I do think it is different and I'll say why. With ROBBIE as a moderator he was generally in the minority viewpoint with a lot of the major talking points. As a moderator I think that is no bad thing.

Now you have five out of the six moderators in the majority camp on those issues, And two of those moderators are very opinionated and outspoken in their views. As is their right as posters. But as I commented to one of them when he said as a moderator something along the lines of it was the views of the majority that were important, I felt he was wrong. It's the views of the minority that are more important. Otherwise the board will become more anarchistic - is that a word?

I think there are examples of it at the moment.

When I posted that it didn't seem too different, I think it has changed slightly for the worse now and needs better control. Someone like TRUTH should be kicked off, he just wants a reaction but is not helpful in anything he posts, that's not freedom of speech, he's just taking the pi55.

I will not post anything like as much now and to be honest I haven't got a lot to say because KO has worn me down and I can't actually be ass'rsed with football at all at the moment, not until he goes.
Migration.... on 11:15 - Aug 23 with 1233 viewsribble

Hertford

"the old site is no different to how it ever was, why the constant worry about it all? "

I do think it is different and I'll say why. With ROBBIE as a moderator he was generally in the minority viewpoint with a lot of the major talking points. As a moderator I think that is no bad thing.

Now you have five out of the six moderators in the majority camp on those issues, And two of those moderators are very opinionated and outspoken in their views. As is their right as posters. But as I commented to one of them when he said as a moderator something along the lines of it was the views of the majority that were important, I felt he was wrong. It's the views of the minority that are more important. Otherwise the board will become more anarchistic - is that a word?

Being critical of Mods is very easy when you're not doing the job yourself but the problem the current batch have is that without the option to ban posters they are pretty toothless. Without naming names, there are one or two posters who are running wild with little, if any, restriction as a result. Unless its addressed then it will be a slippery slope for the old board, which will be a shame.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 11:19]
Migration.... on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 1213 viewsbfc1974

Hertford

Interesting comments from both sides. Moderating any website is not easy and I will along with the other mods get it wrong - no-one is perfect. Well maybe Karl is. ;-)

I have my own opinion on matters but will always try to be fair about the way the board is moderated.

Whatever agenda (if there indeed was one) of the old site, as a former mod I have to say I was unaware of any collective agenda. I can accept that certain posters may have pushed their opinions forward but as the mods were always in communication with the site owner via email for me at least it was never a unified old buddies agenda and the owner was always anonymous.

I was aware of who owned the site but never actually met him.

Illegitimi non Carborundum
Poll: Season tickets: Which did you buy? [if at all]

Migration.... on 21:54 - Aug 23 with 1195 viewsBloodtangerine

Hertford

The views of the minority are always a constructive tension against the views of the majority

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Migration.... on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 1162 viewsTwoPhillips

Migration.... on 21:54 - Aug 23 by Bloodtangerine

The views of the minority are always a constructive tension against the views of the majority

Still bemused with all the excellent features on here and the way the site is set out how so many stayed with the other site - still gives me a chance to spend yet more time reading BFC forums!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Migration.... on 14:46 - Aug 24 with 1151 viewsrealistic

Migration.... on 21:54 - Aug 23 by Bloodtangerine

Or just the blantant wind up posts and threads always started by you?

You fit the stereotype with your social background, non Mancunian, Manchester United 'fan.'

''quod saveris metes''

Migration.... on 15:26 - Aug 24 with 1135 viewsMephistopheles

I'd just like to clarify that I am in no way interested in moderating opinions and all viewpoints are welcome. In fact I actively encourage it to stop the overall rhetoric being one track and bland.

What irritates me is personal and snipy abuse irrespective of who is doing it.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 15:27]
Migration.... on 16:06 - Aug 24 with 1125 viewsThe_Ghost

Migration.... on 15:26 - Aug 24 by Mephistopheles

I'd just like to clarify that I am in no way interested in moderating opinions and all viewpoints are welcome. In fact I actively encourage it to stop the overall rhetoric being one track and bland.

I thought we had got away from the agenda driven snipes on here. It looks like one or two just can't help following people across message boards. It's quite pathetic really.
Login to get fewer ads

Migration.... on 17:20 - Aug 24 with 1113 viewsstu

Tangerine is the new black

Migration.... on 17:22 - Aug 24 with 1110 viewsrealistic

Migration.... on 16:06 - Aug 24 by The_Ghost

I thought we had got away from the agenda driven snipes on here. It looks like one or two just can't help following people across message boards. It's quite pathetic really.

Agree, take note ribble, wizaard, bloodtangerine etc etc

''quod saveris metes''

Migration.... on 18:13 - Aug 24 with 1104 viewsbfc1974

Migration.... on 15:26 - Aug 24 by Mephistopheles

Not interested inmoderating opinions eh? so I can't post like any other poster?

Wow how subjective that is! hilarious.

Migration.... on 18:34 - Aug 24 with 1101 viewsMephistopheles

Migration.... on 18:13 - Aug 24 by bfc1974

Not interested inmoderating opinions eh? so I can't post like any other poster?

Wow how subjective that is! hilarious.

What are you going on about genius?

Try again...
Migration.... on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1099 viewsstu

Tangerine is the new black

Migration.... on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 1088 viewsbfc1974

Migration.... on 18:34 - Aug 24 by Mephistopheles

What are you going on about genius?

Try again...

"I'd just like to clarify that I am in no way interested in moderating opinions and all viewpoints are welcome. In fact I actively encourage it to stop the overall rhetoric being one track and bland.

What irritates me is personal and snipy abuse irrespective of who is doing it. "

Not interested in moderator opinions - im a mod - so hence my views don't count?! I have an opinion the same as anyone else genius!

Migration.... on 23:42 - Aug 24 with 1080 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Migration.... on 21:56 - Aug 24 by bfc1974

"I'd just like to clarify that I am in no way interested in moderating opinions and all viewpoints are welcome. In fact I actively encourage it to stop the overall rhetoric being one track and bland.

What irritates me is personal and snipy abuse irrespective of who is doing it. "

Not interested in moderator opinions - im a mod - so hence my views don't count?! I have an opinion the same as anyone else genius!

Ooh.

Coooeeeeee !

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Migration.... on 14:03 - Aug 25 with 1010 viewsbfc1974

Migration.... on 23:42 - Aug 24 by FiftyShadesOfGrayson

Ooh.

Coooeeeeee !

I thought that was fair to be honest to - 'clarify' to choose a users own word - that whatever he cares to believe there will be moderation [albeit a little as possible on my part] but moderators have opinions too but contrary to what he says I will not be pushing my opinion nor should I do!

Just to 'clarify' ......

Migration.... on 20:51 - Aug 25 with 971 viewsFixitian

Hertford

I believe the old site has changed dramatically, with every other thread calling for Glenn's head, or slating the O's.
The present situation on the field doesn't help, but why some fans act like headless chickens is beyond me. It would be nice if they would actually do something by joining one or both of the fans groups.
Migration.... on 21:40 - Aug 25 with 956 viewsbfc1974

Migration.... on 20:51 - Aug 25 by Fixitian

I believe the old site has changed dramatically, with every other thread calling for Glenn's head, or slating the O's.
The present situation on the field doesn't help, but why some fans act like headless chickens is beyond me. It would be nice if they would actually do something by joining one or both of the fans groups.

agreed. But it still seems - at least where I sit that people get disgruntled when I sing and shout. They just 'want to turn up and watch the football without the aggro' which annoys the hell outta me but you pay your way you take your choice I spose. Lets just hope that they have a club to watch and we haven't gone bang.

In the West most are not concerned beyond a match to watch and don't have the connection with the younger support. Whilst I don't like to make sweeping statements this appears to be the case where I am sat.

Took my little lad to his first home game and had a guy getting aggressive 'coz I wasn't watching the game' and I was explaining the rules and what was happening to my 7 year old [talking throughout apparently ] !

Truly amazing but it happened.

Migration.... on 16:27 - Aug 26 with 909 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Nice to have a poster of FSOG's calibre over here, he will be in some good company.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Migration.... on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 878 viewsFY4MIKEH

Migration.... on 16:27 - Aug 26 by basilrobbiereborn

Nice to have a poster of FSOG's calibre over here, he will be in some good company.

What about my calibre Robbie ?
Migration.... on 19:37 - Aug 26 with 868 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Migration.... on 19:35 - Aug 26 by FY4MIKEH

What about my calibre Robbie ?

Your calibre is quite unique, Mike.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024