Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit To Burnley 17:09 - Aug 23 with 3276 viewsSwan91

Thought they played well today, if they keep up those type of performances and actually score they could stay up this season.

6 points out of 6 for us so far which is a great start. thought our first half performance was great but obviously we dropped off second half and they were up for the fight. Fabianski could possibly be our best signing this season and so far he has looked in control and confident and certain times today I thought that vorm wouldn't have done quite a lot of the things he did to keep a clean sheet.

only player I thought didn't have a good game was JJS, sometimes he is way to aggressive and cost us some free kicks around the area.

other than that I thought swansea looked the business at times out there and have had a great start to the premier league.

now onto the next match!
Credit To Burnley on 17:10 - Aug 23 with 2702 viewsdickythorpe

It was a potential banana skin for us today but we got 3 points!

Keep it up Swans!!!
Credit To Burnley on 17:43 - Aug 23 with 2575 viewsHighjack

Where are their goals going to come from? They're humped.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Credit To Burnley on 17:45 - Aug 23 with 2558 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

While Fabianski is far inferior to Vorm in terms of how good he is 'with his feet', he more than makes up for that with his outstanding shot stopping.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Credit To Burnley on 17:48 - Aug 23 with 2533 viewsMillJack

Yeah, credit to them, but let's be honest they've got a Championship squad playing in the Premier League.

They were hard-working, got the ball and players forward quickly in the 2nd half, and caused us problems. They're nailed on to go down, they may make it hard for teams to beat them but there's not enough quality there to keep them in this league.
Credit To Burnley on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 2520 viewsOldjack

Credit To Burnley on 17:45 - Aug 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

While Fabianski is far inferior to Vorm in terms of how good he is 'with his feet', he more than makes up for that with his outstanding shot stopping.

not too mention picking out crosses or clearing them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Credit To Burnley on 17:54 - Aug 23 with 2491 viewsNeath_Jack

Every game is a cup final to them, it's all new, the adrenaline will be flying for them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Credit To Burnley on 17:56 - Aug 23 with 2482 viewslondonlisa2001

Credit To Burnley on 17:48 - Aug 23 by MillJack

Yeah, credit to them, but let's be honest they've got a Championship squad playing in the Premier League.

They were hard-working, got the ball and players forward quickly in the 2nd half, and caused us problems. They're nailed on to go down, they may make it hard for teams to beat them but there's not enough quality there to keep them in this league.

to be fair, an awful lot of people would have said that about us in the first season and I think that does them some disservice.

they will struggle if they can't convert chances of course, but I thought they looked a lot better than a 'championship squad' - they have some nice players.
Credit To Burnley on 18:01 - Aug 23 with 2443 viewsShonky

They have already scored a Prem goal. It took us 5 games to score our first goal. They looked decent enough to me.

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

Credit To Burnley on 18:01 - Aug 23 with 2436 viewsMillJack

Credit To Burnley on 17:56 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

to be fair, an awful lot of people would have said that about us in the first season and I think that does them some disservice.

they will struggle if they can't convert chances of course, but I thought they looked a lot better than a 'championship squad' - they have some nice players.

People may have said it about us 3 years ago but they would have been clueless.

I literally had no idea who 90% of their players were and they brought Marvin Sordell off the bench.

I'm all for being kind about teams, and they deserve a lot of credit for their performance today, but they are going down, no two ways about it.
Credit To Burnley on 18:03 - Aug 23 with 2413 viewsTom1912

Hopefully we can work on his kicking. His shot stopping and command of the penalty has been excellent so far. Definitely an improvement on Vorm in that area.
Credit To Burnley on 18:04 - Aug 23 with 2399 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just listen to yourself, what were Swansea when they came up, ready made Prem players?
Credit To Burnley on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 2372 viewslondonlisa2001

Credit To Burnley on 18:01 - Aug 23 by MillJack

People may have said it about us 3 years ago but they would have been clueless.

I literally had no idea who 90% of their players were and they brought Marvin Sordell off the bench.

I'm all for being kind about teams, and they deserve a lot of credit for their performance today, but they are going down, no two ways about it.

well we think they would have been clueless 3 years ago, but from the outside Danny Graham, Dyer, Routledge, Leroy Lita, Monk, Tate, Britton etc etc were 'championship' players.

I thought Trippier played well, Ings looks good, in fact they have two good forwards (not Sordell), Taylor looked good. They may well go down, but I thought they were better than I expected them to be (in terms of their style and movement - I had thought, obviously because of my ignorance about them - I hardly ever watch the championship - that they would pump it long much more than they did).
Credit To Burnley on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 2330 viewsPhil_S

Burnley didnt play well enough to give any suggestion that they could stay up this season

They look a team of Championship players at best
Credit To Burnley on 18:13 - Aug 23 with 2298 viewslondonlisa2001

Credit To Burnley on 18:10 - Aug 23 by Phil_S

Burnley didnt play well enough to give any suggestion that they could stay up this season

I think that's unfair on them Phil.

One thing I would say though, is unfortunately I had to be in London today so watched on the web rather than live, and I do think there is a very different impression given between live and on the screen. But I thought they were better than I expected.
Credit To Burnley on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 2272 viewsPhil_S

Credit To Burnley on 18:13 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

I think that's unfair on them Phil.

One thing I would say though, is unfortunately I had to be in London today so watched on the web rather than live, and I do think there is a very different impression given between live and on the screen. But I thought they were better than I expected.

Not at all convinced - they had a couple of half chances but I wouldnt class them as anything other than what I thought they were in the summer - a team destined for relegation.
Credit To Burnley on 18:27 - Aug 23 with 2197 viewslondonlisa2001

Credit To Burnley on 18:15 - Aug 23 by Phil_S

Not at all convinced - they had a couple of half chances but I wouldnt class them as anything other than what I thought they were in the summer - a team destined for relegation.

Don't get me wrong - I think they may well go down, but as I say I thought they played much nicer football than I expected.

Also, their manager is a good guy (or at least, since I have seen very little of him other than in the last two weeks, he comes across that way on initial impressions).

I don't disagree on their chances by the way - they actually created very little and as I said before, we should have been away after 50 minutes. Anyway - vey good result for us and a fantastic start to the season.

I also see from rumours this afternoon, it may be that the deal for Stambouli is still a strong possibility, which would be very encouraging if true.
Credit To Burnley on 18:46 - Aug 23 with 2105 viewseddie71

Credit To Burnley on 18:27 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

Don't get me wrong - I think they may well go down, but as I say I thought they played much nicer football than I expected.

Also, their manager is a good guy (or at least, since I have seen very little of him other than in the last two weeks, he comes across that way on initial impressions).

I don't disagree on their chances by the way - they actually created very little and as I said before, we should have been away after 50 minutes. Anyway - vey good result for us and a fantastic start to the season.

I also see from rumours this afternoon, it may be that the deal for Stambouli is still a strong possibility, which would be very encouraging if true.

They certainly had plenty of endeavour and looked well organised, they are also a proper football team but sadly I cant see them staying up as that doesnt take you far in this division. We should make a bid for Trippier in Jan. I like him even more now I have seen him in the flesh as it were.
Credit To Burnley on 19:00 - Aug 23 with 2060 viewsEdmundo

Credit To Burnley on 18:01 - Aug 23 by Shonky

They have already scored a Prem goal. It took us 5 games to score our first goal. They looked decent enough to me.

They look more decent than Kairdiff ever did....well done Burnley and good luck for the season.
Hope you manage to scrape enough points.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Credit To Burnley on 21:46 - Aug 23 with 1851 viewsJBT95

Didn't we have a championship squad playing in the premier league during 2011-12?

Rangel, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Dyer are all still to this day mainstays in the team which was our backbone during 2010-11.

Never forget your roots.

I think Burnley will stay up.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 21:47]
Credit To Burnley on 21:49 - Aug 23 with 1834 viewsJBT95

Maybe cause they were in the championship last season?

Did you copy and paste this off the Man City forum from 15/08/2011? (but changed the first word from Swansea).
Credit To Burnley on 21:59 - Aug 23 with 1800 viewsfreewheeling

Well that team of Championship players almost put us to the cosh this afternoon, it was only due to good defensive work, good goal keeping and dare I say it, a good bit of luck that left us with 3 points.
Credit To Burnley on 03:24 - Aug 24 with 1624 viewsWanderer

as point in OP, JJS needs to stop and not dive in like a bullock around our penalty area, i was thinking each time he came in to tackle someone there was a free kick coming, some opposing players and managers are going to target him this season i think.
Credit To Burnley on 04:24 - Aug 24 with 1601 viewsChief

they done wdell/ typical promotion pop performance

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Credit To Burnley on 09:26 - Aug 24 with 1500 viewsGowerjack

Credit To Burnley on 21:59 - Aug 23 by freewheeling

Well that team of Championship players almost put us to the cosh this afternoon, it was only due to good defensive work, good goal keeping and dare I say it, a good bit of luck that left us with 3 points.

And poor finishing

Which they will need to sort out as a priority if they hope to stay in this league

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Credit To Burnley on 09:28 - Aug 24 with 1495 viewsexiledclaseboy

That's an interesting comment to make after a game in which Fabianski had hardly any shots to stop.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024