Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AN ASSESSMENT OF TODAY 22:51 - Aug 23 with 1033 viewsHarwoodSeasider

Jose got it wrong in the first half with the set up and with the player selection. At least he had the foresight to change it at half time. However he made further mistakes by waiting far too long to bring Ranger on and leaving Zoko on until the 90th min.

Defence
Lewis: didn't do a lot wrong.
McMahon: did OK.
Clarke: was his usual combative self but is guilty of ball watching too often. He is also too flat footed and allows the player he is marking to lose him, esp in the box.
Daniels: was the pick of the defenders. One fantastic goal line clearance in the first half and a brilliant recovery tackle in the second half. He bounced back well after Tuesday's mistake.
Oriel: had a mare at left back he did not win a meaningful header all match, he did not make a decent tackle all afternoon, he continually dived in unsuccessfully, the forwards kept using their bodies to turn him, he was too narrow which gave the winger too much time and space.

Overall, we defend to narrow that exposes us to old fashioned wing play and we should really have been 3-0 down at half time with most of the danger coming from the wings.

Midfield
Rentmeister: woeful, the game passed him by and his distribution when he got the ball was dire.
Perkins: where do you start, you gets lots of endeavour, industry and tenacity, however little or no quality. He plays with his head down so cannot pick a pass also he gets caught in possession too much. He has no creativity and does not boss the midfield. Hence the responsibility falls on Lundstram.
Lundstram: worked his socks off and has real potential. It is a shame that he does not get the support of the midfield players around him. He cannot boss the midfield on his own. Saying that he did well today and can be pleased with his days work.

Overall our midfield always gets overrun and bossed by the opposition. Therefore we never get any sustained possession and never put our opponents under pressure nor create chances for the forwards.

Attack
Zenjov: he was a passenger and contributed zilch apart from wasting a great opportunity at the end of the first half. He is not good enough technically or physically for the Championship.
Zoko: his first touch is dreadful. A league 1 player masquerading as a Championship player. He is not good enough and seems unable to hold the ball up or bring other players into the game. Moves continually break down when he gets possession.
Delfouneso: light weight and continually flatters to deceive. He gets in a position where he can knock it past the full back and for some reason keeps turning round and the move loses momentum. His shooting is dreadful.

Overall we are very poor up front and create no goal threat.

The manager: a bad day at the office. He needs to stop complaining and concentrate on working on the team shape and playing our better players. I don't buy into players our tired excuse. A tired Miller and Cwzka are far better than a poor Zenjov or Zoko.

The only positives was the introduction of Miller and Ranger. If we can get them both fit and firing we may have a chance. If not that side, I am afraid to say, will get relegated.

ps. The atmosphere was toxic and very unpleasant. It must effect the players. it was not an enjoyable afternoon.

See you at Millwall.

UTP

In a crisis be aware of the dangers but recognise the oppotunities.

AN ASSESSMENT OF TODAY on 23:24 - Aug 23 with 1007 viewstd53

I'd agree largely. Zoko shouldn't be up front on his own. He could possibly do a job behind the front two but leading the line he was terrible. I thought lundstrom looked the only midfield player likely to even get in a shooting position. Daniels was good and at least mcmahon occaisionally had a bit of a run or looked to set things going. I thought we looked a division worse than them first half. All game our full backs never got forward which seemed odd seen as oriel looks physically and positionally unsuited to being out and out full back. The midfield sat deep and they as said above were really narrow so we had no outlet other than the flimsy heavy touched Zoko. Second half was a bit better. We didn't create a huge amount but at least by trying to we held them off. Atmosphere was really unpleasant. No sense of bond between fans and players, constant anti Oyston chants which I don't mind but it really felt like the game was vaguely irrelevant. Summary : an abject lack of creativity and very few thrills. Lumpen and stodgy.
AN ASSESSMENT OF TODAY on 09:34 - Aug 24 with 909 viewsSTHolder

Agree with all of that bar the atmosphere - I sat in hospitality and you couldn't really tell what was being sang there was just a lot of noise - I think the players would have appreciated that support more than whatever the message was!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024