Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flashing Advertising boards 11:29 - Aug 24 with 15718 viewsFlashberryjack

I sit in the front row, east stand.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the advertising board was not only facing the pitch, but also in the faces of the supporters.
F*cking awful they were! found it hard to concentrate on the game with those flashing lights right in my eye line.
I know a few had to move incase the flashing lights brought on an epileptic fit, I sincerely hope that they won't be on for the next match, or at least be switched off during the game.
On top of that the boards had been moved further out, I assume to make them more visible to fans further back in the stand, but by doing this it completely obstructed about 2 foot of the field and by line.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flashing Advertising boards on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 1882 viewsswanseasean96

everyone wishing to complain please email Lucy Norman lucynorman@swanseacityfc.co.uk shes who my complaint got forwarded to and told me

"I am just writing to confirm receipt of e-mail & I will be in contact on Tuesday 26th once I return to the office so we can discuss a potential relocation of your season tickets, should you wish."

if the clubs reaction is to move everyone how the F**k can they move everyone in the lower tiers, i thought we sold out

if only mr Jenkins swapped seats with me for 90 minutes and i can wear a nice suit and tie.

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 16:42 - Aug 24 with 1821 viewsSwanseaJackie

I would also sign a petition, and am considering e mailing the businesses involved ( politely ) pointing out the effect on the fans in the first couple of rows and asking them to contact the Swans to get them to turn it off during the match. Trouble is I was doing my best not to look at the board as it was so annoying so I'll have to wait til next time to make a note of who they were ! Says it all !
Flashing Advertising boards on 16:44 - Aug 24 with 1811 viewsJackfath

Why would any business who have paid to advertise agree to have the boards switched off during the match? Sort of misses the point of advertising.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flashing Advertising boards on 16:49 - Aug 24 with 1796 viewsSwanseaJackie

I think businesses would get plenty of publicity if they were on before the match and at half time. The negative reaction to the boards remaining on during play may backfire on them.
Flashing Advertising boards on 16:51 - Aug 24 with 1790 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 16:49 - Aug 24 by SwanseaJackie

I think businesses would get plenty of publicity if they were on before the match and at half time. The negative reaction to the boards remaining on during play may backfire on them.

Before the match not a full stand. Half time, not a full stand. Worth advertising?

Club will lose revenue = not going to happen.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 1771 viewseddie71

Flashing Advertising boards on 16:51 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Before the match not a full stand. Half time, not a full stand. Worth advertising?

Club will lose revenue = not going to happen.

During the game people are attempting to watch the game. I was I tend not to think I won't watch this free kick instead I will watch the boards on the off chance that there may be an adverstisement for that log burner I have been considering.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:01]
Flashing Advertising boards on 17:03 - Aug 24 with 1765 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:01 - Aug 24 by eddie71

During the game people are attempting to watch the game. I was I tend not to think I won't watch this free kick instead I will watch the boards on the off chance that there may be an adverstisement for that log burner I have been considering.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:01]

Really? There was me thinking people go to the football to watch the advertising hoardings.

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:04 - Aug 24 with 1762 viewseddie71

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:03 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Really? There was me thinking people go to the football to watch the advertising hoardings.

Well you and the club both.
Login to get fewer ads

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:06 - Aug 24 with 1758 viewsexiledclaseboy

While they are annoying, I'm fairly sure everyone will not notice they're there after four or five games.

Poll: Tory leader

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:09 - Aug 24 with 1738 viewsDyfnant

Surely they could dim the brightness slightly

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 1696 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:06 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

While they are annoying, I'm fairly sure everyone will not notice they're there after four or five games.

dont notice it i had a migraine before half time didnt even watch the last 20 minutes of the game i had my head in my hands it was that bad, even if you try avoiding it, in the front row of the south it is actually at eye level obstructing the game and blinding you all at the same time.

Poll: should we keep the new crowd facing advertising boards in the north east & south

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 1685 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:46 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

dont notice it i had a migraine before half time didnt even watch the last 20 minutes of the game i had my head in my hands it was that bad, even if you try avoiding it, in the front row of the south it is actually at eye level obstructing the game and blinding you all at the same time.

Does it block out some of the playing area?

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:54 - Aug 24 with 1676 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:51 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

yes about 4 foot of the pitch from the touchline for the front row

unless you stand up which you cant do :(

edit: but im quite short but thats not the point the old ones were fine
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:54]

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:55 - Aug 24 with 1664 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:54 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

yes about 4 foot of the pitch from the touchline for the front row

unless you stand up which you cant do :(

edit: but im quite short but thats not the point the old ones were fine
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:54]

I think everyone who has complained about the hoardings being annoying in terms fo the flashing, brightness etc would get more sympathy from the club if they went down the line of complaining about the obstruction of the pitch.

The fact that they obstruct the playing area is mental.

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:59 - Aug 24 with 1656 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:55 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

I think everyone who has complained about the hoardings being annoying in terms fo the flashing, brightness etc would get more sympathy from the club if they went down the line of complaining about the obstruction of the pitch.

The fact that they obstruct the playing area is mental.

in my personal opinion i can deal with missing a few foot i will stand up when the balls in the area anyway the same as everyone around me, but the safety concern for anyone suffering from epilepsy is most concerning, if someone has a fit and the club are to blame we will be in right s**te as they have received complaints, and i had a seriously bad head and i dont normally get headaches or migraines or need painkillers but i had to take some after the game went straight to bed until next day i was fu**ed

edit: they cant move them closer as that would make the safety problem even worse
there was a solicitor at the game and he went to complain to someone senior as he said it was in breach of health and safety as they were too close to the spectators.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 18:00]

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:00 - Aug 24 with 1483 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:59 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

in my personal opinion i can deal with missing a few foot i will stand up when the balls in the area anyway the same as everyone around me, but the safety concern for anyone suffering from epilepsy is most concerning, if someone has a fit and the club are to blame we will be in right s**te as they have received complaints, and i had a seriously bad head and i dont normally get headaches or migraines or need painkillers but i had to take some after the game went straight to bed until next day i was fu**ed

edit: they cant move them closer as that would make the safety problem even worse
there was a solicitor at the game and he went to complain to someone senior as he said it was in breach of health and safety as they were too close to the spectators.

Are you sending in a complaint?

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 1478 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:00 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Are you sending in a complaint?

already have, recieved a email saying the can relocate me if i wish but will i be able to sit with my friends and family we all bought tickets together when the stadium opened theres 7 or 8 of us in total

and they cant move everyone who complains theres not enough seats

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 1468 viewsraynor94

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:59 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

These are used at every premier ground, to be perfectly honest i barely noticed them, at a wild guess I would imagine they are not classed as a health hazard

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:09 - Aug 24 with 1459 viewsswanseasean96

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:06 - Aug 24 by raynor94

These are used at every premier ground, to be perfectly honest i barely noticed them, at a wild guess I would imagine they are not classed as a health hazard

the regular ones facing the pitch are at every ground but ive never seen these ones before

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:29 - Aug 24 with 1409 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 17:51 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

YES

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 1395 viewsswanseasean96

heres what the Health and SAfety Executive has to say about strobe lighting

"614 Carefully consider the use of strobe lights, as under some conditions they
may induce epilepsy in flicker-sensitive individuals. Whenever strobe lights are
used, arrange for a prior warning to be given at the entrance to the event or in the
programme.
615 If strobe lights are used, keep flicker rates at or below four flashes per second.
Below this rate it is estimated that only 5% of the flicker-sensitive population will be
at risk of an attack. This flicker rate only applies to the overall output of any group
of lights in direct view, but where more than one strobe light is used the flashes
should be synchronised.
616 To reduce risk further, mount lights as high above head height as is
practicable. Where possible, the lights should be bounced off walls and ceilings
or diffused by other means so that glare is reduced. They should not be used
in corridors or on stairs. Continuous operation of strobe lighting for long periods
should be avoided. Further information can be found in the HSE HELA guidance
note Disco lights and flicker sensitive epilepsy."

1. theyare in direct view
2. they are not high above the head
3. there is no warning

so im pretty sure it is a breach of health and safety to whoever said it isnt

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 1377 viewsScoobyWho

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:12 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

They were very annoying. One of the ads did make me chuckle though, it was for a funeral director (can't remember which one) and the tagline was "Swansea till I die - and after".

Worth the risk of an epileptic fit on its own.
Quality tag line.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 1374 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:06 - Aug 24 by raynor94

I don't know where you sit, but I suspect nowhere near the very front seats...which would explain your unsympathetic response to the the ones that do.
I would also suspect that your wild guess regarding health and safety issues Ito be wrong as well.

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:05 - Aug 24 with 1333 viewsDyfnant

Flashing Advertising boards on 15:47 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

everyone wishing to complain please email Lucy Norman lucynorman@swanseacityfc.co.uk shes who my complaint got forwarded to and told me

"I am just writing to confirm receipt of e-mail & I will be in contact on Tuesday 26th once I return to the office so we can discuss a potential relocation of your season tickets, should you wish."

if the clubs reaction is to move everyone how the F**k can they move everyone in the lower tiers, i thought we sold out

if only mr Jenkins swapped seats with me for 90 minutes and i can wear a nice suit and tie.

Is that the same email to complain about the access card issues from Saturday?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Flashing Advertising boards on 19:07 - Aug 24 with 1316 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 18:32 - Aug 24 by swanseasean96

heres what the Health and SAfety Executive has to say about strobe lighting

"614 Carefully consider the use of strobe lights, as under some conditions they
may induce epilepsy in flicker-sensitive individuals. Whenever strobe lights are
used, arrange for a prior warning to be given at the entrance to the event or in the
programme.
615 If strobe lights are used, keep flicker rates at or below four flashes per second.
Below this rate it is estimated that only 5% of the flicker-sensitive population will be
at risk of an attack. This flicker rate only applies to the overall output of any group
of lights in direct view, but where more than one strobe light is used the flashes
should be synchronised.
616 To reduce risk further, mount lights as high above head height as is
practicable. Where possible, the lights should be bounced off walls and ceilings
or diffused by other means so that glare is reduced. They should not be used
in corridors or on stairs. Continuous operation of strobe lighting for long periods
should be avoided. Further information can be found in the HSE HELA guidance
note Disco lights and flicker sensitive epilepsy."

1. theyare in direct view
2. they are not high above the head
3. there is no warning

so im pretty sure it is a breach of health and safety to whoever said it isnt

They're not strobe lights are they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024