Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It wasn't money last time, was it ? 19:47 - Aug 24 with 2185 viewsMiddxile

Consider...Gilks came as part of the Hoolahan deal, Crainey was booed out of Elland Rd, Southern came from Everton's Reserves after failing to break through, Evatt came from QPR and sometime Coventry, where he failed to shine at both Clubs, Baptiste came for £60k from Mansfield after they fell out of the League, Charlie came from Rangers (£500k courtesy of Valerie) where half of their supporters felt he shouldn't be allowed to set foot in Ibrox, Leicester couldn't give DJC away for £250k, and DV came in from the "Stiffs" of Real Sociedad for £200k, and GTF cost a princely £90k from (then) League 1 Huddersfield when we actually went to buy Robbie Williams, but who was considered too expensive.
It wasn't about the money, it was ALL about our Manager, sadly departed ,but whom we'll see on Saturday.
We now have another team of Rag, Tag and Bobtail recruits, but we also just might just have another Manager who can also work miracles.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:06 - Aug 24 with 2142 viewsLytham_FY8

Can you name one player in the current squad who would have got into the 2010/2011 eleven?

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:12 - Aug 24 with 2136 viewsslakes_seasiders

You are implying that Holloway signed these players. Apart from Adam & DJ who had previously been on loan, and bought to the club by Tony Parkes - the others were signed by Grayson. I dont understand your point?
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:36 - Aug 24 with 2119 viewsonlyonepool

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:12 - Aug 24 by slakes_seasiders

You are implying that Holloway signed these players. Apart from Adam & DJ who had previously been on loan, and bought to the club by Tony Parkes - the others were signed by Grayson. I dont understand your point?

Perhaps he means Ollie got the best out of them and played them in their best positions, moving DV from left wing to central midfield.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 08:24 - Aug 25 with 2091 viewsSTHolder

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:36 - Aug 24 by onlyonepool

Perhaps he means Ollie got the best out of them and played them in their best positions, moving DV from left wing to central midfield.

Totally agree with the analogy to 2010/11 and therein lies the problem.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 10:20 - Aug 25 with 2070 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

In 2010/11 we were in the Premier League. Apart from the remnants of the side that took us up we signed the likes of Harewood as a free agent, some Frenchmen, a centre-half from Man Utd, etc. We did in fact dump quite a few of the squad who took us up, and on relegation lost key players.

I personally don't think there's an analogy with a season when we were in a higher league. Now had the comparison been drawn with 2009/10 there might be different considerations.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 13:02 - Aug 25 with 2034 viewsMiddxile

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 10:20 - Aug 25 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

In 2010/11 we were in the Premier League. Apart from the remnants of the side that took us up we signed the likes of Harewood as a free agent, some Frenchmen, a centre-half from Man Utd, etc. We did in fact dump quite a few of the squad who took us up, and on relegation lost key players.

I personally don't think there's an analogy with a season when we were in a higher league. Now had the comparison been drawn with 2009/10 there might be different considerations.

The point that I was trying to make is that last time, other than for Charlie, very little was spent on assembling the promotion team.
They were a collection of journeymen and rejects and Bosmans, mostly unwanted...........just like now.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:09 - Aug 25 with 1978 viewsFY4MIKEH

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 13:02 - Aug 25 by Middxile

The point that I was trying to make is that last time, other than for Charlie, very little was spent on assembling the promotion team.
They were a collection of journeymen and rejects and Bosmans, mostly unwanted...........just like now.

Riga isn't Holloway. This lot he is assembling are gash. He knew what Koko was like, he was desperate for work.
I would have never sung about Ollie shagging my wife.......cos he would.
It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 13:27 - Aug 27 with 1892 viewsMiddxile

It wasn't money last time, was it ? on 21:09 - Aug 25 by FY4MIKEH

Riga isn't Holloway. This lot he is assembling are gash. He knew what Koko was like, he was desperate for work.
I would have never sung about Ollie shagging my wife.......cos he would.

I don't think Riga was desperate for work. What he did at Charlton suggests to me that he would not have had too much trouble finding a Club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024